• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - May 2014

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon: Discovery

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Broken Timeline

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • Pokémon Platinum: Red and Blue

Votes: 71 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Ruby Destiny ;)
    Because i like game style
    The Tiles Maps Story etc...
    Good luck with the Contest Le Pug,DJG,Gogojitech! :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I voted for Pokemon Discovery, mainly because I'm expecting a fun, unique storyline. All three look incredible from what I have seen, and I am psyched to play all three.

As an aside, Pokemon Mega Power and Normal Version would be great choices for next month's HOTM.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Broken Timeline's got a pretty interesting story, and judging from all of Jagold's previous hacks, I'm sure he has some very fun and engaging scripts in there. Platinum: Red and Blue—I love how much effort Gogo's put in. Some people hasn't been able to play Platinum, with few of them not having ability to run a good DS emulator on their computer; for those people, they would finally get to have a taste of generation four. Personally, though, my favorite of the three has gotta be Pokémon Discovery. This hack's got it all, from characters and graphics, all the way to events. Due to that, Discovery gets my vote. :] Definitely going to give it a shot once beta is released.

Ttar0914

Years
  • I voted for Platinum Red & Blue, because I like the idea of doing a full platinum demake (PT Red) and using the sinnoh region with additional extras (PT Blue).

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I voted for Pokemon: Discovery.
    I love what I've been seeing from it.

Nothing wrong with either of the others, but Discovery appeals the most to me.

Years
  • My Vote goes to Pokémon Platinum: Red and Blue by gogojjtech, because he really worked hard and it's a superb DEMAKE

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    It was hard for me to pick between RD and Discovery but I went with Ruby Destiny in the end purely because I've enjoyed the others so much and can see Broken Timeline being great too, though Pokémon Discovery also looks like it's coming along amazingly well and has quite a unique story - looking forward to seeing more of it! I'm personally not the biggest fan of remakes or demakes normally, but still have to say say Platinum Red/Blue is/are looking very professional as well. The creators of all three hacks each seem like nice people and very talented hackers who've worked hard on their projects, so I don't really mind who wins. Good luck to all of you! =)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • It was hard for me to pick between RD and Discovery but I went with Ruby Destiny in the end purely because I've enjoyed the others so much and can see Broken Timeline being great too, though Pokémon Discovery also looks like it's coming along amazingly well and has quite a unique story - looking forward to seeing more of it! I'm personally not the biggest fan of remakes or demakes normally, but still have to say say Platinum Red/Blue is/are looking very professional as well. The creators of all three hacks each seem like nice people and very talented hackers who've worked hard on their projects, so I don't really mind who wins. Good luck to all of you! =)

Yeah I have a demake and a sequel up against me haha so the odds are slim but the fact I'm able to be in the first returning HoTM with them is an honor even if I lose! Nice to see supporters out there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    PokemonPlatinum red and blue would be my vote. Its amazing that someone has put in the effort to remake the game onto GBA.

Le pug

Years
  • So when is the voting officially closed and the winner announced and the prize awarded? Today or tomorrow?

Also, just a personal suggestion (I know a few others thought it too) but even though you hyperlink the titles, some peeps aren't gonna see that and just vote based off of imagery. I recommend adding a short plot summary to each hack and also allowing the hack creators to choose their 3 pictures in advance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    So when is the voting officially closed and the winner announced and the prize awarded? Today or tomorrow?

Also, just a personal suggestion (I know a few others thought it too) but even though you hyperlink the titles, some peeps aren't gonna see that and just vote based off of imagery. I recommend adding a short plot summary to each hack and also allowing the hack creators to choose their 3 pictures in advance.

The winner is announced soon after the poll closes. I might consider adding a short summary/introduction for each hack, but if some people vote based off the images instead of looking at the threads separately, I don't think a short plot summary would make much of a difference. Also, if anyone wants their 3 screenshots changed can just message me and ask, I believe it's much quicker and easier than what you're suggesting.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • My vote has to go to Pokémon Platinum: Red and Blue. As good as the other two entries look, I've been keeping watch on this project for quite some time now and I'm really impressed by everything that GoGoJJTech has achieved so far.

Le pug

Years
  • I wonder who this month's 3 hacks will be :O nominate fae, gaia, and twisted mind!

That'd be a tough competition

Le pug

Years
  • How about nominating pokemon girantina legend?

First of all if you had read the other posts, Spheal said that he wants to have the competition between hacks that don't have any releases. Plus Girantina hasn't been updated in 2014 so it's not even eligible I'd imagine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back