• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon Duel App and 3DS model ported from Japan

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Pokémon Comaster – or Pokémon Duel – and the Yellow Pikachu 3DS are releasing in the US and Europe.

Read More!

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
There's a trailer about the Pokémon Duel game in the article now, as well as a quick summary.

Anyone try it out yet? Maybe we'll do a basic guide on the game, but any help or advice would be appreciated!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
This is super cool! ill download it in the morning and test it out during lunch at school or something. Or play it after school. Thanks for sharing the article... I wouldnt have known about it otherwise!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Im having difficulty connecting. it just disconnected after the tutorial. And other than that, its slow in general. But the tutorial was pretty fun. Ill have to play some real matches before i judge it tho.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
i haven't had the chance to get into too many duels yet because of how slow the loading is, but I've really enjoyed the couple I've been in so far! I quite like the idea behind the game. hopefully the servers will improve over the upcoming days.

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
Years
Pokemon Duel

Just started playing, and I'm hoping that the game gets harder as I get further into it; as the AI keeps handing me the win. (Unless I'm mistaken and I'm going against live people.)

But what's everyone else's opinion on this new game?

Years
Few connectivity issues with the game for me so far. I can see myself playing this type of game more often since it's multiplayer-focused and doesn't keep me stuck on the same overly difficult level like Shuffle. :'x But only time will tell how often you're given premium currency as a reward for doing things. I happily spend on apps, but not if they're blatantly pay2win. We shall see!

Years
A random momment. I started Pokemon Duel and it was a good game but before i decided to do my first quest, it decided to get a double booster and on the first box, I GOT A LATIAS

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Just started playing, and I'm hoping that the game gets harder as I get further into it; as the AI keeps handing me the win. (Unless I'm mistaken and I'm going against live people.)

But what's everyone else's opinion on this new game?

Are you in the Training center or the quest mode? Quests will become increasingly difficult, and if you dont find them challenging, at least the mode gives you plates and figures to use for league play.

If you hit the big yellow "Play" button, that is league play. In league play, you facing real people, and as you win, you rise in the ranks to face others of the same skill level.

Even if you find the quests easy, I would recommend playing them for the gems (challenges and rewards), as well as for the experience you gain by practicing with your team. You dont want to lose a match in league play because you are unfamiliar with your team.

I would also recommend spending your gems on sextuple packs instead of the other packs. its a guaranteed EX and you will probably get R's as well. In league play, you will want 2 EX's and some R's.

To digress from talking about difficulty, as for a review... the game is a ton of fun in my opinion and it will definitely have many hours of gameplay for me. The quest mode seems to have many matches and the league play certainly wont bore me for a while. and as i collect gems, the game is spiced up with the excitement of opening packs!

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
Years
Anyone know if Tyranitar's EQ combos with the misses from burn/para?

I would also recommend spending your gems on sextuple packs instead of the other packs. its a guaranteed EX and you will probably get R's as well. In league play, you will want 2 EX's and some R's.

yea bought one yesterday, and got 4 EX out of it.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Anyone know if Tyranitar's EQ combos with the misses from burn/para?

yea bought one yesterday, and got 4 EX out of it.

Wow! Thats crazy! What EX pokemon did you receive?

I just opened a sextuple and received an EX Gardevior that will instantly upgrade my current offensive-oriented team. Im considering keeping Kirlia and evolving or just using the EX straight up.

Ive been getting a ton of Shuppet as well. I just combine them with my Bannett, but whats up with that? I get at least 2 every time I open a sextuple.

bobandbill

one more time
Years

I just opened a sextuple and received an EX Gardevior that will instantly upgrade my current offensive-oriented team. Im considering keeping Kirlia and evolving or just using the EX straight up.

Ive been getting a ton of Shuppet as well. I just combine them with my Bannett, but whats up with that? I get at least 2 every time I open a sextuple.
For me it's Bronzong and Tropius. They keep showing up...

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
For me it's Bronzong and Tropius. They keep showing up...

I haven't received a Tropius, but I have received 2 Bronzong. I wish Bronzong was more viable or at least have a niche role. Like Shuppet at least has a niche role.

Have you found any use for your commons?

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
Years

Latios, Lugia, Raikou, and Blastoise.

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
Years
Cool! I have a Latios and Raikou as well! My friend has two Raikou and he kicks my butt lol. I have trouble against Lugias, but how does Blastoise preform for you?

o~o only been using latios and Lugia. Didn't like that Blastoise can only move 1 space, and his purple only works if your opponent also rolls a purple.

My current team is gabite, shuppet, meowth, zangoose, Lugia, and latios.

Gabite is awesome for surrounding.

...Also I've opened a couple more sextuple packs before they got taken out of the shop. I got a 2nd Raikou and a mew

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
o~o only been using latios and Lugia. Didn't like that Blastoise can only move 1 space, and his purple only works if your opponent also rolls a purple.

My current team is gabite, shuppet, meowth, zangoose, Lugia, and latios.

Gabite is awesome for surrounding.

...Also I've opened a couple more sextuple packs before they got taken out of the shop. I got a 2nd Raikou and a mew

Shuppet is pretty good with infiltrator. But dang, a second Raikou? Will you fuse them or have two?

I want a Garchomp or Gabite for surrounding. I think they are probably better than my Salamence, or at least Garchomp would be cause its EX.

Back