• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dissapearing Pokémon?

Terror

I do all my own stunts.
Years
Has anyone on D/P/Pt ever had a Pokémon go missing?

I know I had a slugma, because I saw it in a box yesterday (took magcargo instead) because I heard it speeds up the hatch times of eggs.

I was organising my boxes today in the PC and noticed that the slugma was no where to be seen (not in daycare either, or in my party).

Has anyone else ever noticed a Pokémon disappearing? Is there some way to protect my legendaries/rares from going?

(the pokédex entry for slugma still says "caught").

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2009
i have i caught a poliwhirl for my pokedex and it sent it to the box and a few days later i looked for it to evovle it into poliwrath and it was nowhere to be found

salmence33

I'm out here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I used to have a red gyrados but now I can't find it
I'm sure I didn't trade it

kaminer4545

SHAYMIN LOVER
Years
well i have the cycloDS evolution, all i have to do is copy the ROM and the savefile, and if a pokemon goes missing i put that file on my sisters DS and she trades the pokemon over, but its never happened to me before, but if it does this is what i do

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I'm pretty sure this happened to me once a long a time ago, but I can't remember what I lost so it obviously wasn't something that important.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
Years
i had a level 100 drapion from the gts in my pearl version (this is a major glitch) dissapear, i looked in my PC then my party and then in the daycare and didnt find him, about a month after i was breading cyndaquils and the daycare man had an egg for me, i talked to him and i got an egg, i ran around for ages and got really anoyed that it hadnt hachted, i checked it and in then i yelded out WHAT THE F**K. my drapion had appeared in my party in place of an egg,i looked at his name (it was a strange japanese name that i could not read when i got it) and it had changed to EGG,my drapion had been transformed into an egg and back again STRANGE

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
Years
Yup. I was trying to find my Shiny Crobat a few months ago and I didn't find it. I wasn't even sure if I traded it though.

Terror

I do all my own stunts.
Years
Sounds like I'm not the only one.

Is this bug documented at all? Is there a particular box that it happens to, or are there conditions that cause it to happen?

Does anyone have any Pokémon that have just appeared?

Code

Stealcase
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
I lost an ev trained scyther I was just about to evolve via trading.
It was in box 1.

Years
similar thing hapened ot me and my friend.

we did trade evolutions.

i sent electabuzz/magmar to him and he sent graveler/kadabra

when we were seinding them back,we lost wifi.

and they were gone from our parties.

crazy thing is he caught the electabuzz and magmar later on in the wild.i found his golem while surfing at lake valor.lol

Ayselipera

I was doing that cloning cheat in Emerald when I messed up and lost my Groudon. :(
That was my fault though...

It might of happened to me on Diamond too, but I'm not exactly sure.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I lost a Kricktune that I just recently caught in Pokemon Pearl, I just found it weird when it was gone and no one touched my game because I guarded that game all the time

:t354:TG

Alexstrasza

Luxray Fanatic.
Years
I lost my Riolu :( so I had to cheat one with AR to get my Lucario... I put it in the Daycare, then went and did some business, when back and picked it up (paid 900 PokéDollars because it leveled from 29 to 37) and I went to put it in my box because I was going to take out my Luxray (<3) and I saved and turned off because it was getting late, and I came back to it tommorow, and... GONE! Checked the day care... nothing :'(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
In Gold, I did have a glitchy Hitmontop appear in my PC. Its data went in my pokedex too. No gamesharks; it's just an old game.

Other than that, I'm not sure of any minor PC glitches. Even if something disappeared in my DPPt file, I wouldn't notice, as my PC is quite disorganized.

Back