• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

which pokemon would you most want as your bff

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • u might be tempted to just pick your favourite pokemon. but wait! it could be a terrible friend. it might smell terrible or be no fun to hang out with or burn your house down. you are looking for a good best friend forever. pick a pokemon.

anyways i think i'll take a torchic. it follows its trainer (friend) around and it's warm and huggable so i can hug it when i feel down. i think it would look adorable in all sorts of outfits too so we could go shopping together.

Years
  • man this is kinda hard. ok for once in these kind of threads im going to omit mythicals entirely because i feel like that'd be kinda predictable on my part. i also can't pick dragonite as much as i want to because a dragon can't fit in my tiny apartment, so that's out the window.

so...

yes. im going with espeon. for several reasons, actually.

normally i'd pick glaceon or even leafeon but they're too temperature dependent, i think. i'd feel terrible having glaceon in this awful humid weather even if it can somehow keep itself cool, and leafeon would probably have to remain inside during the the colder winter months which probably wouldn't be too fun because i like to be outside in cold weather. so i have to settle for somewhat of a middle ground, and espeon it is! not that it's a problem, really. i think espeon has several benefits:

• being the size of probably your average cat i imagine it isn't that different to look after.
    • it's a psychic-type so likely it'll probably be a great pokemon to hug when im feeling super sad
    • it can also levitate stuff and help me out with chores etc

so yes. i think that's what im going to go with.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    When I can't choose Milotic bc I can't fit a giant water tank in my apartment, nor Honchkrow bc I don't want to kill anyone, this is the obvious answer for me:

Why?
    She's a cute cat with a fluffy tail, I don't need another reason.

Another choice would be Trubbish but I can't keep that thing because of basical hygiene

Last edited:
    Years
  • which pokemon would you most want as your bff

Hawlucha's a cool looking Pokemon that's into pro wrestling and has a great personality. Would absolutely love to have on as my BFF if I had the chance!

Years
  • That's a tough one, I would go with my fav pokemon Raichu but I wouldn't want the possibility of getting electrocuted if it was in a bad mood or tired and Pidgeot would be too big to have in the house plus birds stink, charzard is also too big and and prob smell burnt

so I would have to go with Sneasel/Weavile, happy with either and it's small enough to walk around everywhere with you plus it has razor Sharpe claws which could be useful in many ways like opening things, gardening, hair cutting... Etc

Last edited:
    Years
  • was gonna say I'll pick minccino but I always pick minccino for things so...

Audino! kind and caring friend, can also support me when I'm feeling down. the ideal friend <3

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm going to be boring and choose my favourite Pokemon, Scrafty. Many Pokedex entries states it takes extremely good care of its friends and it is small enough to live in a house. I think some downsides would be its ability to spit acid and the shedding can be annoying but I feel the pros outweigh the cons.

Years
    • Seen today
    A dragon I could ride around on, like Salamence or Rayquaza.

...My answer is also biased because I've been playing Skyrim recently.

Years
    • Seen today
    .... i mean aside from that, you cant like fit it inside your house

but i guess that works

Oh, I understand what you mean. We live in a fairly open area, so there would be more than enough room outside. Not to mention we have a considerably large amount of distance from any neighbors.

Winter could be problematic, but that's okay since it could go into a box storage system when it's cold. Or I could just catch a Ho-Oh and keep it outside, so it can use Sacred Fire whenever they freeze.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hmm. Probably not a Dragonair since they supposedly can get very big. Though the question says bff, not pet, so maybe if I found it as a Dratini maybe I got to save it and nurture it, so it gained my trust, and then, when it was old enough, I would take it to its natural hábitat and once in a while still go visit it.

As for something easier, think I'm going with a Growlithe. They're cuddly and loyal and even as an Arcanine, he could help me and sleep in my room.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • .... i mean aside from that, you cant like fit it inside your house

but i guess that works

Well Salamence is supposedly only 4'11 so out of those two at least that one wouldn't be much of a problem. Rayquaza though... not as easy.

Personally I'd probably go with any of my favorites. Shaymin would be awesome since it's small and would be a fluffy little flowery cuddle buddy. Quilava would be cool to keep me warm during the winter since I get chilled easily. Maybe Mimikyu could teach me how to sew and make costumes! It's hard to choose.

Years
  • Well Salamence is supposedly only 4'11 so out of those two at least that one wouldn't be much of a problem.

i dunno if i'd trust that considering in the anime, Salamence is pretty big. i guess height-wise it isn't tall, but that doesn't mean it's particularly small, either. going by anime proportions it wouldn't fit in anything bar an extremely large living room space and barely at that, rip.

i guess you'll be fine if you have a big front yard though to keep it in, though.

Last edited:

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • I'd go with an Espeon. <3

EDIT : Even the other eeveelutions like Umbreon, Jolteon etc are fine.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • i dunno if i'd trust that considering in the anime, Salamence is pretty big. i guess height-wise it isn't tall, but that doesn't mean it's particularly small, either. going by anime proportions it wouldn't fit in anything bar an extremely large living room space and barely at that, rip.

i guess you'll be fine if you have a big front yard though to keep it in, though.

Yeah I guess. I was just trying to throw my guy a bone since I can understand wanting a large pokemon as your best friend. XD

Back