• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Hi, im kinda new to these hacks, and i finished beta 5 and beat the elite 4 and carlos. how do i get to kanto after that, because i use the shift+f1 save. so when i have to load a game then i have to press f1 again... when it says the end after ur character starts running, then it comes to the begining screen with ho-oh and the game starts over again! so if anyone can please help me that would be fantastic!!! o yeah, and whenever i try to save the normal way, it says please exchange the backup memory...grateful for any help!
thanks in advance

in your emulater and go to the last save state you had. Go to emulater, save type, 128 K. Save before the Elite 4. Your going tohave to beat it again, sorry!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
The problem is, you also have to delete the .sav file your emulator makes everytime you open the rom. Open VBA BUT NOT THE ROM, put the save settings in flash 128k, delete the .sav file in your sg rom folder, and try again. If it doesn't work, deleting everything and starting back is the only option I see :\

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Very Stupid Question

In Beta 5 (plain), where can I find... Missingno.?
I mean it... where can I find Missingno.?

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
Thanks... now just how to get there... Hm... ah, who cares?

Ye, why would you need it? 0_o

Also,
Spoiler:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Also,
Spoiler:

Wrong. That was a bug that was reported and fixed in the B5, for now the only way to find M.No. is to use your Super Rod on the places where I've forgotten to add fishing Pokemon, which obviously is a bug... Who wants a Missing No.? They are useless... -_-

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
If you have closed the emu, deleted the sav, then open the emu and change to Flash128k before loading the rom you would be fine, and the sav generated from now on will be fine (it's simple to check, if when loading the game you get the Backup Memory message, then that means there's still something wrong, so do what I said at the beginning of this post)
As always, forget about old save states! Start using new save states if you have the saving function working.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2008
When Team Rocket invades Goldenrod`s Radio Tower , after you beat the fake director at the very top floor , & obtain the basement key , are the two pairs of people that were blocking the undergrounds suppose to leave ?
Because I got the key , but they`re not leaving , so I can`t get to the underground . D:
Help would be appreciated . :x I don`t know what to do .

Ivysaur

Years
You are supposed to enter the underground through the other entrance in the north part of the city, next to the Name Rater's house.

Years
Downloading the game.

Hi I am octillery333 and I'm new here. I'm trying to download the pokemon shiny gold and I'm not sure where to find it at. I have the proper things. I have virtual boy advance, a clean pokemon fire red, that winrar or what ever it's called and the lips thingy. and when i load it it still says fire red and not shiny gold.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
Hi I am octillery333 and I'm new here. I'm trying to download the pokemon shiny gold and I'm not sure where to find it at. I have the proper things. I have virtual boy advance, a clean pokemon fire red, that winrar or what ever it's called and the lips thingy. and when i load it it still says fire red and not shiny gold.

Shiny Gold is at Hack Showcase
Did you do it right

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020

I think there's a thread on how to patch a rom.

ajg.dude

Just a simple Hack lover.
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2009
bug contest

I have a quick question.. How often does a bug catching contest occur, and how well do you have to do to get first prize?

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
Years
bug contests end when you catch one pokemon. to win, catch something like butterfree, pinsir, scizor, or beedrill.

ajg.dude

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2009
so only one bug catching contest occurs in the game? :/

Ivysaur

Years
I have a quick question.. How often does a bug catching contest occur, and how well do you have to do to get first prize?

It happens three times during the game: when you pass Sudowoodo, when you beat the rockets in the Radio Tower and when you beat the E4, but the chances doesn't accumulate, so, if you didn't go to the contest before beating the Radio Tower, you lost one chance.

ajg.dude

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2009
ohhhh. Okay, thanks so much.
I was trying to get a sunstone to get an espeon, but i already passed the sudowoodo, and tried the contest, and got 2nd prize. :|
errr are there any moon stones or sun stones i can obtain prior to the radio tower event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back