• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guilt

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Do you feel guilty very easily, even if someone isn't really your fault, or do you just shrug things off and move on? Do you believe more things are your fault than they really are, or do you try to make excuses and place blame elsewhere? How do you deal with guilt?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Nah. My conscience is well... I dunno how to explain it. If it was a horrible thing, I would probably feel very guilty.

...But I mostly shrug things off. I'm a horrible person. But I don't blame other people for my actions.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I feel guilty for a lot of things, even though I may not be involved in some of them. I deal with guilt by pacing around or apologizing to the person in question.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Generally the only time I'll do something wrong and not feel guilty is when I can tell the person I've wronged is trying to make me feel guilty. Once that happens, it's quite easy to snap out of the guilt and deem it their problem. Apologising is all you can do, really - if people still want to be angry about whatever it is you did then all you can do is detach from the situation and let them deal with it on their own time rather than wasting yours with the pettiness of it all.

Years
  • Baaaw I feel guilty about everything. If I do something wrong I'll feel bad, even if it's the smallest thing in the world. ;___; I blame my low self-esteem; it makes me think everything's my fault even when some things are, or I'll blow things out of proportion.

I wish I could shrug off the small things.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yup. One of my many flaws. Even if I didn't play a major part in it, I'll still feel bad. Hopefully I'll be able to get over that, but so far it doesn't look like I will.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I have a pretty active conscience. I'll feel bad for a lot of things, but if it's something I have no control over then I just shrug it off.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I feel overly guilty when I do something even remotely bad, unless the person that I did something "bad" to doesn't deserve what I did.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • I feel guilty about everything that I do wrong. And when other people do things wrong, especially if I was with them I'm like "I should've stopped them this is my fault oh my God."

However if the person involved comes to me and tries to make me feel guilty then I generally don't feel guilty, that's almost as if they don't really care they're just trying to get the satisfaction of making me guilty about something. When I feel guilty I'll go out of my way to fix things and stuff.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't really feel guilty about stuff unless it was something really horrible and I had a rather large part in it. Other than that, I don't feel much guilt. And I'm definitely not the type to try to blame myself for something that's mainly another party's fault.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • People tend to say I have very high moral flexibility, but I do tend to feel guilty about bad stuff that I've genuinely caused. As for feeling too guilty, that's something I don't experience, but I like to think I experience a requisite amount of guilt for my actions. I'd like to think that, but it's probably not true!

Years
  • I feel guilty pretty easily for anything I do wrong, even if it's a mistake. Just today I knocked over a glass on accident and chipped the lip and I was just mortified that I'd done that. It's not something that happens all the time, but it's often enough so I'm generally someone who feels guilty for something or other.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Yes. I do tend to feel guilt quite often, though its typically one large series of events rather than a singular act. I will go to extents to place myself more blame than I really should have.

And on how I deal with guilt, I do many things to keep my mind busy and away from thoughts. I just can't get over stuff, so I do random things like writing, or playing music, drawing, any form of expression really.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I tend to feel guilty after every single thing that I happened to be involved in even if it happened really early such as over ten years ago or longer. It sure would be nice if I could shrug things off like some other people can because such memories stay with me for life and I tend to be dwelling on such stuff constantly.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I do the slightest big wrong and I feel really guilty xD Like I accidentally drop a piece of paper.. I feel guilty for not picking it up. If I accidentally nudged someone who was doing art... I feel guilty. It's another reason why I say sorry so often to the fact it gets annyoing

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Yes. I get guilty way too easy. I also get guilty when somebody hates me and I know it. I feel like I did something really wrong and it eats me away. Sometimes it's bad because even if I hate somebody because of something they did and I don't do something for them I feel bad.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    something i've noticed about myself and others is that, in the moment we're called to make a decision, we don't always think we're in the wrong. actions usually aren't revealed to the decision-maker to have been the more destructive choice until the situation is played out. that said, we learn from our mistakes, and no one should ever feel super low for making mistakes. dwelling over your faux pas is as useless and detrimental as holding a grudge against another, no one learns from being pitiful and no one has clean hands.

someone i care about very much is very self-loathing and guilt-ridden (he's catholic, go figure), he digs himself deeper and deeper into a hole of responsibilities because his misery makes him too exhausted to face them. i have to constantly remind him that he's not dismissing his faults by only trying to understand himself and his circumstances. that way, he's not a person who is bad, but a person who is growing. i guess that's my advice for anyone who is in a similar state of perpetual self-condemnation.

Back