• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Woooooo After weeks stuck on a mirage forest going "Is that shiny?" I finally found the shiny Happiny. It appeared after 1,386 dexnavs, my longest dexnav and only the second one to go past 1,000. Luckily it was the mirage spot with Forretress so no need for repels and no Tangela... Went though a couple chain cycles since sometimes the shiny appears as the 10 level higher Pokémon but to no luck. For the most part I ran from each encounter then just ran back and forth to get the next one quickly. I did catch a lv 54 Happiny with all 4 exclamation points however.

Also it had Metronome, luckily it didn't use it. Could just imagine it using Explosion.

Spoiler:

It was holding an Oval Stone as well.

I see I haven't posted since the 22nd, I found 18 shinies since then.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • adding to my list:
    i got shiny Lillipup on Route 5 and evolved it to Herdier
    going to Brooklet Hill, i got:
    Shiny Surskit after long journey like 5-6 hours
    got the shiny Alomomola the next morning after fell asleep during hunting at night (aqua ring + unlikely call rate is killing me) followed by shiny Goldeen
    after goldeen went straight and spent nearly 24 hours (not all active time) hunting shiny Psyduck.
    i got shiny Poliwag quite easy this time. and finally my precious throphy, i got a shiny Fletchling with its HA and clean 6 IV. my very first 6 IV shiny i get in my life. going to Route 6, but before that i need to go to Route 4 to catch another eevee and evolve it to Leafeon/Glaceon. however, i'll spend the week to hunt shiny Deerling as request from my best buddy Road. just got one with 4 IV, going to phase 2 and hopping to get at least 5 IV since i got the 6 IV parent today.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I got a shiny Beware through Wonder Trade last night but the last one I caught myself was a shiny Charjabug.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • A mystery gift event for shiny Tapu Koko has just started out of nowhere in Europe and Australia so I got myself one.

Years
  • adding to my collection:
    i got another shiny Deerling for myself after getting nearly 6IV for my friend. i went back to route 4 and caught myself another shiny eevee. moving to route 6 i caught my third shiny eevee along with lillipup, now became Stoutland, and moving to route 7. at route 7 i caught shiny staryu like less than 40 encounters since it only have 3 IV. after that i moved to Wela Volcano Park and i caught 2 shiny Magby and another fletchling. during breeding for WTW i hatched a shiny Chansey. now aiming for another shiny Feebas, Shellos, and Trapinch while breeding for this week's WTW.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Also on the 9th I found a shiny Sunkern in 159 FS encounters, did about 1,000 encounters in this friend safari early last year without finding a shiny.

I then dexnaved a Spoink on the 10th in 406.

After on the 11th I found a Frogadier in FS in 898 encounters, evolved it to Greninja.

I started horde hunting for Slowpoke in X and Y at the same time, it appeared in Y on Jun 28th at 452, I kept going in X and it finally appeared at 1,276 on Jul 12th. I evolved it to Slowking and finished the line. Thank goodness for no Wingull's.

I only found 2 shiny Wingull's in hordes at Azure Bay previously on X before the shiny Slowpoke, first one at 43 and the second one at 1805... The Slowpoke was my first shiny in hordes at Azure Bay on Y.

On the 13th I found 3 shinies, I dexnaved Mankey and got it at 194, evolved to Primeape, then I found a shiny Skarmory duplicate in 1 Dexnav encounter. After that I found a second shiny Roggenrola in 1,120 hordes. On to phase 3 for Mime Jr.

Today I found a second shiny Spinda in 56 hordes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Just got a shiny Exeggcute after about an hour of doing SOS battles. Working on getting two more for the evolutions.

Pitrolox

I just Shiny hunt and play Pokemon that's it (:
    Years
  • Is it's hidden ability harvest if so evolve in to exeggutor give it a leppa berry and teach it bestow and skillswap or trick and any moves in of your choice and bam infinite sos

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Caught another shiny Poliwhirl from chain fishing which I evolved into Poliwrath. I now have every shiny of the Poli family.

Years
  • Hey guys! I just joined this site, and I want to join this club! How do I go about doing so?

I'm relatively new to shiny hunting in general, so my list will be pretty short, but I just have a question before I can do so (in the middle of a long battle): How long should you go on an S.O.S. battle before giving up on getting a shiny?

[Edit] Now that I'm done with that shiny hunt (failure), I can do my greeting post properly!

This is the list of shinies that I have caught/hatched/traded currently:

Pidgeot (hatched Masuda method)
    Meowth (hatched Masuda method)
    Mew (traded)
    Meganium (hatched Masuda method)
    Furret (full odds wild encounter)
    Beautifly (hatched Masuda method)
    Rayquaza (Event gift)
    Darmanitan (full odds wild encounter)
    Delphox (traded)
    Xerneas (Event gift)
    Yveltal (Event gift)
    Decidueye (traded)
    Incineroar (hatched Masuda method)
    Primarina (hatched Masuda method)
    Toucannon (SOS chain)
    Gumshoos (SOS chain)
    Alolan Raticate (SOS chain)
    Butterfree (SOS chain)
    Ledian (SOS chain)
    Ariados (SOS chain)
    Alolan Raichu (SOS chain)
    Vikavolt (SOS chain)
    Sudowoodo (SOS chain)
    Blissey (SOS chain)
    Snorlax (SOS chain)
    Slowbro (SOS chain)
    Pelipper (SOS chain)
    Alolan Persian (SOS chain)
    Magnezone (SOS chain)
    Alolan Muk (SOS chain)
    Arcanine (SOS chain)
    Hypno (SOS chain)
    Hariyama (SOS chain)
    Smeargle (SOS chain)
    Crabomnible (SOS chain)
    Drifblim (SOS chain)
    Crobat (SOS chain)
    Dugtrio (SOS chain)
    Fearow (SOS chain)
    Mandibuzz (SOS chain)
    Primeape (SOS chain)
    Delibird (SOS chain)
    Pom-Pom Form Oricorio (SOS chain)
    Baile Form Oricorio (SOS chain)
    Pa'u Form Oricorio (SOS chain)
    Sensu Form Oricorio (SOS chain)
    Ribombee (SOS chain)
    Golduck (SOS chain)
    Gyarados (SOS chain)
    Whiscash (SOS chain)
    Carbink (SOS chain)
    Sableye (SOS chain)
    Midday Form Lycanroc (SOS chain)
    Midnight Form Lycanroc (SOS chain)
    Spinda (SOS chain)
    Tentacruel (SOS chain)
    Lumineon (SOS chain)
    Luvdisc (SOS chain)
    Corsola (SOS chain)
    Cloyster (SOS chain)
    Salamence (SOS chain)
    Umbreon (trade)
    Sylveon (SOS chain)
    Mudsdale (SOS chain)
    Lurantis (SOS chain)
    Shiinotic (SOS chain)
    Marowak (SOS chain)
    Bewear (SOS chain)
    Tsareena (SOS chain)
    Pangoro (SOS chain)
    Krookodile (full odds wild encounter)
    Tapu Koko (Event gift)
    Kadabra (SOS chain)
    Machoke (SOS chain)
    Boldore (SOS chain)
    Pichu (SOS chain)

Oh, and currently I'm trying to hatch Ghastly (SOS chaining was too annoying)!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys! I just joined this site, and I want to join this club! How do I go about doing so?

I'm relatively new to shiny hunting in general, so my list will be pretty short, but I just have a question before I can do so (in the middle of a long battle): How long should you go on an S.O.S. battle before giving up on getting a shiny?
    hey, and welcome to the club. you can post your shiny here. i think the rules are in page one.

about SOS. i do shiny hunt SOS, but i don't really set when i should give up on shiny. however, hunting shiny by SOS is rather easier than other method. i averagely get shiny within 2-3 hours, but it can be shorter or longer depending on your luck. i have ever experienced for 3 days hunting shiny too. i usually give up when i have appointment which force me to end the hunt. i don't know about the others though.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I'm not exactly sure how sos works. I think that you have to do a chain of 40 for your odds to be the lowest they can be. Then just keep encountering Pokémon. I've also heard that every Pokémon has the same increased odds. Either way I'd say go until you either get a shiny or until you are tired of it and want to do something else. Not many options in Gen 7 though.

Anyways just found a second shiny Mareep in only 209 hordes. Got a crit capture with a dive ball as well. Evolving to Flaaffy.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2017
    Hello, everyone! I recently got back into shiny hunting after taking around a two year break and I'm ready to get back at it again. I thought I might as well join the shiny hunting club too! : )

I have about 29 shinies. Most of them came from Black 2 as I used to hunt religiously in that game back in high school. Most of my shinies were obtained through Masuda Method, but afterwards I took a liking to full odds hunting. Some of my Mesuda Method shinies include Pawniard, Scraggy, Staryu, Golett. Some random encounter shinies include Gligar, Zubat, Budew, and Flabebe. All of these shinies I listed have been fully evolved.

My first successful soft reset hunt was Palkia in Pearl, obtained after 7062 resets. My second successful soft reset hunt was my dream shiny, Giratina. He finally shined for me after 6,872 resets in Pearl... after I completely gave up on him in Platinum after 11,000 resets. This killed my motivation for shiny hunting for two years. I picked it up again with Giratina, this time in Pearl, about two months ago. When he shined for me, I remembered why I love shiny hunting so much!

I have four hunts going now. I'm hatching Litten eggs off and on in Moon. I'm soft resetting for Cresselia in Pearl and Kyurem in Black 2. Lastly, I'm soft resetting for Chimchar in Platinum to start off my very first Badge Quest. The Chimchar hunt is the one I have the most motivation for.

I'm sorry, I'm a little old school and I like hunting in the games before X and Y. So expect most of my hunts coming from gens 4 and 5! : D

Years
  • i didn't have so much luck in hunting shiny these weeks. here are some new shinies i could catch nearly two weeks.
    - shiny feebass almost 3 days that i gave up breeding for shellos and Trapinch
    - shiny Lanturn with almost 12 hours of hunting within 2 phases
    - shiny Fletchinder nearly 24 hours. hell serebii says it is unlikely, but for me it was rare caller
    - shiny caterpie, now butterfree. i got it quick like 1/2 hours
    - shiny Pinsir. i got like nearly 3 days straight for this shiny. but worth it with rare caller rate and low encounter rate
    - shiny Paras. so annoying with nearly a day full of hunting
    - shiny Bonsly with nearly 12 hours. now evolved to Sudowoodo
    - shiny Cranidos. got him from my leftover eggs before starting hunting at Lush Jungle. now going to phase 2 for Rampardos.

currently i'm pending the SOS hunt cause i feel terrible luck for it recently. now focusing on breeding those whose evolution line i cannot find within Melee Melee and Akala. excluding the ones you can find at other islands.

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Hi! I'd like to join this club :)
    I currently own more than hundreds of Shinies, and around 60 of them are self-hunted.
    I'm breeding a Shiny Cottonee, in a Dream Ball. It will have at least 5 perfect IV, and some Egg Moves. I'll tale a screenshot of my boxes of Shiny tonight :)

Years
  • i got shiny Pansear from friend safari, and failed to get another shiny as i accidentally press run button.
    i got really bad luck on breeding in gen 7 as i can only get 3 shiny this week. a shiny Trubbish and Nosepass which is on purpose and a shiny trubbish accidentally shiny from its leftover eggs.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's been a while since I've posted. I said I was gonna hatch eggs but I'm putting that off until after US/UM.
    Since then, I've been finishing up the fishing and horde shinies, to finish the lines that I need. Mostly lots of 35% fishing and horde encounters.
    It took way longer than I expected due to various multiple-phase hunts. Exceptional examples include a 2000+ horde hunt for a shiny Slowpoke and a 1700+ horde hunt for shiny Nidoran F.

Now that that's over, I'm going back to Gen IV to try to get the Birds and Mewtwo. Hopefully will get them before US/UM come out.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Rebecca - Sun

Shiny Male Treecko - Hatched by Masuda Method after around 320 eggs he has a Timid Nature and the Overgrow Ability. He has the Egg Move Crunch as I used a Japanese Garchomp as the father. He also has Ice as his hidden power which will be useful in dealing with the likes of Salamence and Garchomp and opposing grass types. The Shiny Treecko line have a great colour scheme. Stats aren't great with bad IVs in the wrong places but those can be bottle capped. Very delighted to get my all time favourite starter in Shiny form. I plan to evolve him to Sceptile and put him in my Battle team as my Mega. Sceptile's Mega is of course now usable in Sun. Very pleased with this one particularly as I got it relatively quickly and with a good Hidden Power. Only my second Hatched Shiny and certainly one of my best ever Shinys.

Stephanie - X

Shiny Male Braixen(Jimi) - Caught in a Friend Safari after around 1200 encounters he has a Mild Nature and the Hidden Ability Magician. I have evolved him into Delphox, my favourite Fire Starter Pokemon.

With the Shiny Wartortle I caught last year (Now a Shiny Blastoise) I now have a starter line of each type in Shiny form.

Attachments

• 20170805_214040.jpg
      20170805_214040.jpg
      318.9 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:
    Back