• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Who do you think will be the antagonists?

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
Truly cannot think of anything or anybody besides perhaps finding out this is how Team Galactic was founded.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I'd honestly really like it if there weren't any, besides possibly Arceus itself and the Pokemon going berserk. This is a wild untamed world that's a struggle just to survive in, it doesn't need a human conflict to be compelling. And knowing how formulaic GF is at writing human conflicts, I'm hoping for the lack of one even more.

Also I figured the originators of Team Galactic would be the protagonists, hence Galaxy Expedition Team. Maybe their vision became warped over time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'd honestly really like it if there weren't any, besides possibly Arceus itself and the Pokemon going berserk. This is a wild untamed world that's a struggle just to survive in, it doesn't need a human conflict to be compelling. And knowing how formulaic GF is at writing human conflicts, I'm hoping for the lack of one even more.

Also I figured the originators of Team Galactic would be the protagonists, hence Galaxy Expedition Team. Maybe their vision became warped over time.
omg yes i had the same thought actually, but sadly i don't trust the pokémon game makers to come up with such a compelling story/twist d:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
'team mean' They don't let arceus participate in any reindeer games

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
'team mean' They don't let arceus participate in any reindeer games

Big sad for Arceus! I am betting Arceus and the berserk mons would be the villains this time if they don't do a 'team'.

omg yes i had the same thought actually, but sadly i don't trust the pokémon game makers to come up with such a compelling story/twist d:

Agreed. I don't trust Gamefreak or whoever to make a good story or plot twist and turn.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I was actually thinking about arceus being the villain before making a silly post.

JRPG's love doing the corrupt evil god storyline. I don't think it's ever been done for Pokemon. I guess giratina would be more fitting in this role, but maybe they could introduce some sort of new form for arceus and giratina, maybe ancestral.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I was actually thinking about arceus being the villain before making a silly post.

JRPG's love doing the corrupt evil god storyline. I don't think it's ever been done for Pokemon. I guess giratina would be more fitting in this role, but maybe they could introduce some sort of new form for arceus and giratina, maybe ancestral.
Wasn't Arceus kinda mean in its movie? That's anime though c:

For games, PMD are exceptions with Dialga. But also exceptions in that the plot was nice.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Wasn't Arceus kinda mean in its movie? That's anime though c:

For games, PMD are exceptions with Dialga. But also exceptions in that the plot was nice.

I never watched many of the pokemon movies aside from the one with the talking volcanion, our pre-algebra teacher randomly played the evil mewtwo movie so i'm familiar with that too. I don't think mewtwo was god or anything. He was so powerful though, it wouldn't surprise me if he was an equal or something.

Mystery Dungeon does have great storylines. The mainline games do not compare, but i think potential exists.

pkmin3033

I suspect it'll be Cyrus' ancestor running a group behind the scenes, because Game Freak don't have a shred of originality and they'll have to fit their Gen III narrative into the game somehow.

That said, I'd love it if the protagonist was the antagonist, at least from a historical perspective - maybe your actions in the game could do something that would cause the foundation of Team Galactic. Without any kind of historical misinterpretation. It'd make a change to play as the villain for once.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Today, I just thought of something that I do not think anyone else has mentioned. Perhaps thought about, but I've not seen it come up. We think the main villain is obviously Galactic, Arceus, or Giritina. While Cyrus makes sense, why would his 'ancestors' be in the game if all of this was his doing from coming back in time? With the introduction of this 'Arceus Phone' it seemed even more likely.... however, there is another possibility, one I think makes a lot more sense.

Hoopa.

Since July, we have had the longest event ever in Pokemon Go. It started back in July with Go Fest. People got upset because Hoopa wasn't actually involved, but his rings showed up which is what caused the Gen 8 Pokemon to appear before they finished Kalos and Alola Pokemon. He also appeared in the loading screen.

We eventually started getting the 'Season of Mischief' events on the 1st of September. And caught Bound Hoopa very early on. And storywise in Go, Willow has mentioned the Unbound Form. But Hoopa has been connected to every event since July. And will possibly be connected to a BDSP Event later in November. While I think that will be the ending of catching or getting Unbound Hoopa, why does it have such a massive event in Go? No other Legend has really gotten this much attention, except one. Meltan and Melmetal... pokemon first introduced to Go and then connected to Let's Go where we got Melmetal for the first time.

Maybe Hoopa is the antagonist. Maybe Hoopa is related to Sinnoh/Hisui. That would make so much sense giving that Hoopa is the Space and Time related pokemon, along side the Sinnoh Legends.

Arceus was also the final pokemon to appear in Hoopa - Clash of Ages movie. And the people in that movie had Arceus amulets.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I rethought about this question, and maybe something like team atheism.

Years
That said, I'd love it if the protagonist was the antagonist, at least from a historical perspective - maybe your actions in the game could do something that would cause the foundation of Team Galactic. Without any kind of historical misinterpretation. It'd make a change to play as the villain for once.

I can't see this happening, but this is an incredible idea that I'd get behind - would love to see the possibilities in fanfiction, even, if we don't end up officially going that route. It would make for a great story, regardless of how likely TPCI is to go with it.

Though personally, I wonder how likely it is we'll have any antagonists at all. I feel like Legends can easily go without it since there aren't any hints so far (that I know of?), and exploration alone could be the focus.

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
I can't see this happening, but this is an incredible idea that I'd get behind - would love to see the possibilities in fanfiction, even, if we don't end up officially going that route. It would make for a great story, regardless of how likely TPCI is to go with it.

Though personally, I wonder how likely it is we'll have any antagonists at all. I feel like Legends can easily go without it since there aren't any hints so far (that I know of?), and exploration alone could be the focus.

I don't really think this game needs to have a big bad or anything, but it is an RPG after all. I can see someone being a villain or at least someone you will need to fight/battle along the way.

Years
oh, well. Nice question. As some of you know, I thought that the main story could be about pokemon and humans becoming friends, but now things got more complicated. In the first place, there's the Team Galactic thing and so: Hisuian indigenous people vs people who migrated there. This complicates it all, because my guess is that Hisuian indigenous people are actually friends with pokemon, but they respect them. Team Galactic wants to catch them and study them, which in this case, it kinda makes us the antagonists. but then, there's Arceus and imo Arceus is angry with both humans and pokemon because they keep fighting against each other. So, basically that would make both us and pokemon the protagonists and at the same time, the antagonists of the story. but there's another thing, which is relevant and that makes me think it's still early to have a sight of the whole story: I m talking of the Arc Phone. We know nothing bout it but it's said to guide us. Maybe, the person who calls and that guides us could be someone who wants us to do specifically something. and that something could be either good or bad. in that case, i d say that would be the antagonist

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
In an ideal world, something like gen 5's antagonist storyline, where you have a redeemable villain + an actual evil guy orchestrating it all. I don't think that'll happen though. I have no idea how gen 5's plot ended up being so good, but I expect the antagonists in BDSP to be another Team _____ with the more or less cliche story arc that we're accustomed to in the later gens. I miss when Ghetsis struck real fear into my heart though lol

Back