• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm not my friend.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • I was just thinking back on high school a bit, and I got to thinking... if I knew myself back then, there's no way we could ever be friends. I've changed SO much that he'd probably hate me... although I personally believe most of the changes were for the better.

What about you, would you get along well with your past self? You can pick whatever time you'd like for that... doesn't have to be you from high school.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I think if I met my past self, we would be friends. I gotta admit that I DID change a lot, even personality wise. We would be friends, but not the best of friends tho. Maybe just like know each other or something? :C

I'm so bad at explaining.

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    After every year that passes I always feel like a completely different person. I feel that every year I have gained more wisdom and knowledge. Also I feel like each year I get a lot more mature. Ill look back at old posts or texts or something and ill think I can't believe I said that. I think that if I met myself from a year or a few years ago I would think he was a lot less mature than I am today, so I don't think we would get along haha.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • My past self would probably be ashamed of my present self because my past self was an uptight jerk who couldn't relax. I'd punch him in the face and tell him to be a man.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
    Years
  • my past self would probably be best friends with me now. although i have changed in many ways, i always wanted to be this way and still have my old morals and logical thinking (old me and current me hate people with illogical thinking). plus, i literally had no friends up until just about 2 years ago, just the kids my mom would let me play with, so he'd be happy have a companion.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Would 13 year old me like present day me? Can't say, although 13 year old me was an idiot. You be the judge of that.

Would future me like present me? I'd say yes. I mean, I'm really friendly with everyone, and I've done all I wanted to do. Not much worked out, but at least I try. I figure future me would respect that.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Hmm, it's a tough one for me. I've definitely changed, but sometimes I'll change in a matter of weeks/months...like say exactly a month ago? I'd be a depressed loner clinging onto a girl I'd never have...and right now looking at it objectively...I had no business with her and she didn't want anything to do with me.

Now? I've been happier, more focused, and doing whatever I want without worrying about what people think. So as it stands...I think personality wise I'd get along with my past-self...I've always been the analytical/critical type so we'd be fine hanging out hah

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    I've had at least one significant change every year, and it seems to almost never end. Let's just say that, the further we go back, the less I could see myself being a friend to present day me.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I do not think a 12 year old me and me today would ever be friends if could meet 12 year old Kerri. As an 12 I was a real nightmare for my teachers/family who had one 1 friend a boy with downs.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'd fall in love with myself and have beautiful babies. We'd get on wonderfully I think, I'm just the kind of person at the moment to approach my former self which is all my former self needed to become friends with someone! I'd teach him how to play guitar and go squirrel watching and it would be wonderful. ekekek.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Probably not. I constantly realize how idiotic I used to be (and still am), so I doubt I would get along well with myself. I:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I don't think I've changed enough that I'd hate myself, but I know if I met my past self, I'd give her a good slap across the face and tell her to get a grip.

Years
  • The old me is so embarrassing to the now me. I wouldn't want to be friends, but I would be nice and friendly in my interactions with old me if I had to. I wasn't an easy person to get along with and I know I'd frustrate myself now.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm embarrassed of my 12 year old- teenage self and I'd probably wouldn't be friends but I would talk with him. The way I was back then I regret being like now.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Hmm. Interesting.

I'd love to be friends with my past self, but I don't know if my past self would feel the same.

My past self was happy, friendly, and innocent. I like that "me" more than the current "me".

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • i think yeah,i can get along with my past self well...i've changed A LOT but it's still the same person though,i mean..she made me who i am right now!...in life from time to time you meet that kid who reminds you of yourself if i met that person and had the chance to talk with them i would be glad to help them not to do the same mistakes i did before.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't think I've changed all that much over the years, actually... so I think my younger self would get along just fine with my current self. The biggest adjustment would have to be in regards to my anime fandom which was nonexistent back then... and the fact that I don't embrace new technology as readily as I did when I was younger.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • I'd definitely be my friend. Or at least I'd want to (I'm not so good with the whole 'socializing' gig)

Anyway, I am pretty awesome, so yeah, I'd want to be my friend, for sure!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I think we'd get along, but I'd end up getting a bit tired of my former self. I was a lot harder on myself back then than I am now, and the way I was living was much more restricted because I didn't have the confidence to do anything, which after a while can get a bit boring for the people around you lol

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't think we would get along. Some of my biggest pet peeves about people are due to myself doing it in the past, such as people being overly judgmental of alcohol consumption and sex. I would be exasperated with my past self for thinking these things, and my past self would be disappointed in me for not following past me's ideals and turning into one of those "preps" that she hated so much.

Back