• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Starbucks bad or good?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I... really like it, lmao. They're ubiquitous enough that I can go just about anywhere and my order will be available. Basically every Starbucks I've been to here has ties to local teams and groups in the community and fundraises for them. And man did I write a lot of essays in my local Starbucks... it was great to get out of the house and sit there for 5+ hours, ordering a few drinks, and just going low-distraction so I could pound out a few thousand words.

I'm coffee-intolerant so I appreciate that sbux has so many tea options. I've tried tea-based drinks from a lot of other places, but Tim Hortons burns their tea, Second Cup makes it flavourless, and a lot of independent shops my family have dragged me to (they are all avid coffee drinkers) either don't serve tea at all or sell you a tea bag and hot water for like $5. If I'm paying that much, I'd rather just get a fancy drink!

My spring order is an iced chai latte, my summertime order is a black tea lemonade, my fall (or chilly nighttime) order is a chai latte with almond milk, and my winter order is a peppermint latte which kills my insides but it's so good it's worth it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not even sure where the nearest Starbucks is from here. :thinking: Maybe in the bookstore I know of that's like 20 minutes away? Unless it was a different coffee shop in there. I don't even remember.

I am neutral on this matter because I don't even go to Starbucks except on rare occasions.

Years
  • There's one that's really near me.

A more /local/ franchise out of New Orleans recently opened up near my apartment, but it doesn't have online ordering. I like to order in advance, pick it up, and GO.

I'm drinking Starbucks right now. My go-to has been iced blonde espresso.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • There's one that's really near me.

A more /local/ franchise out of New Orleans recently opened up near my apartment, but it doesn't have online ordering. I like to order in advance, pick it up, and GO.

I'm drinking Starbucks right now. My go-to has been iced blonde espresso.

Okay yes, cutting out all human interaction by ordering online his a GODSEND. How could I forget. 😂

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    you can order starbucks online and get it delivered??

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    no to delivery yes to pick up
    also to answer your question I love starbucks, worked there for 11 months during fall and spring semester of college it was a great experience both trying all of the food/drinks and working there.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    starbucks themselves wont deliver, but you can probably use services similar to postmates and such

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • no to delivery yes to pick up
    also to answer your question I love starbucks, worked there for 11 months during fall and spring semester of college it was a great experience both trying all of the food/drinks and working there.

What was the most annoying customer you?ve ever had? I?m sure you have some stories.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Starbucks is love, Starbucks is life.

My go to drinks are: Caramel Frapp & a Very Berry Hibiscus with coconut milk. :)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    What was the most annoying customer you?ve ever had? I?m sure you have some stories.

you werent talking to me but im an attention whore and i work at starbucks so im responding anyways

my biggest gripe with people is ordering $30+ worth of frapps in drive thru during a busy hour. each frapp takes at least 90 seconds to make if we're going quickly, and piling more onto it will destroy our drivethru times, especially considering whoever is on bar is likely to be alone and have to make the drinks that the front register is ordering as well.

we also had someone request 16 packets of raw sugar to put in her 12oz coffee, complain that it wasnt enough, and then add 10 more.

we had some lady who bragged about abusing the system for free caramel drizzle to us so we stopped giving her free caramel drizzle and she called corporate multiple times and complained to us

we had a gentleman that we have dubbed "penis steve" because apparently he whipped his dick out in front of a group of women in the store and they complained. he wasnt banned from the store because i guess he's friends with too many of the higher ups so he still comes in regularly. he flirts with my boss and follows her around too. he's also kind of a dick and spills his orange juice a lot, and then leaves

i will intentionally spell people's names wrong if i don't like them.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    LOL penis steve...

We have a guy like that where I work, though it's not a Starbucks.

BUt on topic!

I actually love Starbucks. It's kind of my guilty pleasure. I like the matcha frappe, and the chai latte, and the their black expresso roast. I'm also a typical white girl for their pumpkin spice latte in the fall. And the egg nog latte during the holidays.

Also their tea is good, and there's a small local coffee place across the way that has good smoothies, but their coffee isn't super impressive. It's more expensive than Starbucks, too.

Back