• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen today
    I will have a new update today or tomorrow, since i used Pokémon Infused Emerald as a Base it sped up a lot of things and made adding a lot of features possible, Big thanks to @AsparagusEdu for making this possible, i will update the screenshot in a little and make my source code available for anyone to take a look and change it however they want.
    Im also going to update the credits in the first post, be sure to tell me if you find any bug when you play since i couldn't test everything.
    EDIT: the new update is out now, tell me if you find any error or have any question.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Just downloaded it like an hour ago, and loving it!! VERY WELL made!!
    EDIT: GAME BREAKING BUG! Do not enter either home in Littleroot! It makes you walk into the wall and do the "Dad giving you the ticket and Lati@s" event like you've beaten the champ. You are stuck in the wall after. Luckily I had a savestate from a few moments before I entered the house.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    How many badges did you had when this happened?
    i want to fix it as fast as possible but it doesn't happen in my save, i think its something related to the badges you have(since i have 2 badges right now and i can´t replicate it)
    Edit: I just released a new update that hopefully fixed that issue, the saves are compatible with the last version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Ya still have a few unbalanced trainers. There's a Beauty in Juan's (?) gym, she has Level 35s, and I started there. Then there's the lady and her Level 45 boop noodle (Seviper). I was running around, wanting to train a lil from teh whooping in Juan's (?) gym.

Years
    • Seen today
    I took a look at the trainer parties, and you are right some trainers have some overleveled mons, next version will fix those alongside other bugs i found on my run.
    Would people be better with me releasing a fixed version right now or waiting all the day for all the bug reports and release one at the end of today?

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • I helped a Kakuna evolve once, but then she learned Harden upon evolution and my game crashed. Sorry about not taking a screenshot, by the way, but this has to be looked into.

Bug report aside, working toward an open-world version of a region is one of my favorite concepts ever. You have plenty of good ideas going with this one!
    How can you find each regular starter Pokémon, anyway, just for kicks and giggles?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    I took a look at the trainer parties, and you are right some trainers have some overleveled mons, next version will fix those alongside other bugs i found on my run.
    Would people be better with me releasing a fixed version right now or waiting all the day for all the bug reports and release one at the end of today?

Edited, I'm tired and read the message completely wrong lol for me it would be better now because I live in Europe and it's already evening so i would be able to play right now lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I just uploaded the version 1.0.5 fixing most of the bugs, adding some changes to the hard mode and adding elite 4 rematch
    If anyone is willing to beta test the game, please send me a PM to be able to get a more stable version.
    Just playing a casual run and telling me about bugs its enough for this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Here is a file documenting all the wild Pokemon in the game
    https://pastebin.com/raw/ZHxgKBXK
    i will update the OP adding it in case anyone else wants it

Magnezone, Nosepass and Grubbin all evolve after leveling up in New Mauville
    Eevee evolves into Glaceon in the Shoal Cave in the final room and evolves into Leafeon in Petalburg Woods
    the only changes in evolutions are Riolu and Munchlax both of them evolve at level 30 the other ones evolve in the way they did in the original games(some gen 8 mons that are unavailable have no way of evolve yet)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    Here is a file documenting all the wild Pokemon in the game
    https://pastebin.com/raw/ZHxgKBXK
    i will update the OP adding it in case anyone else wants it

Magnezone, Nosepass and Grubbin all evolve after leveling up in New Mauville
    Eevee evolves into Glaceon in the Shoal Cave in the final room and evolves into Leafeon in Petalburg Woods
    the only changes in evolutions are Riolu and Munchlax both of them evolve at level 30 the other ones evolve in the way they did in the original games(some gen 8 mons that are unavailable have no way of evolve yet)

Thanks! Too bad there's no Stufful or Bewear!
    By the way I discovered a bug with the PokeNav.. When saving a pokemon from a certain area, you can search it anywhere! I saved solrock in a cave, then went into the grass a couple of routes away and it kept finding it! It's really useful though, PokeNav in caves is super time consuming!

Years
    • Seen today
    I think you mean that Eevee evolves into Leafeon at Petalburg Woods.
    Yeah that´s what i meant
    Thanks! Too bad there's no Stufful or Bewear!
    By the way I discovered a bug with the PokeNav.. When saving a pokemon from a certain area, you can search it anywhere! I saved solrock in a cave, then went into the grass a couple of routes away and it kept finding it! It's really useful though, PokeNav in caves is super time consuming!
    thanks for telling me about that bug, i fixed it now for the next update, Pokenav can really be tedious on caves/water i hate it too, i may change it in the future

Years
    • Seen today
    I just released a new update fixing some stuff and adding a little thing that could be useful for some people
    Changelog 1.0.5.1
    -Fixed the error with the Dexnav finding a Pokemon that you saved with the R button
    on areas where that Pokemon can´t be found
    -Fixed some trainers having evolved pokemon Early in the game
    -Fixed an error with the Dexnav when opening it in the menu on a city without encounters
    crashed the game for some reason
    -Fixed the level cap not working as intended
    -Added always finding the first stage evolution when your first Pokemon is holding an
    Everstone to be able to fill your Pokedex(mostly for the Dexnav scanning) easier
    -Other fixes that i don´t remember
    The updates now will come with the Wild encounter list for convenience

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    How do we trigger the New Mauville event? Is it base don number of badges? I don't recall how to trigger it in Vanilla, I just usually was always going to Mauville City after getting Surf and he was there.

Years
    • Seen today
    How do we trigger the New Mauville event? Is it base don number of badges? I don't recall how to trigger it in Vanilla, I just usually was always going to Mauville City after getting Surf and he was there.

new mauville is open from the start, there is no need to trigger it
    i think only the bikes/waterfall areas and victory road are blocked at the start.
    you get both bikes and waterfall after getting new badges

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    new mauville is open from the start, there is no need to trigger it
    i think only the bikes/waterfall areas and victory road are blocked at the start.
    you get both bikes and waterfall after getting new badges

Sweet! Thanks! Last question, I promise. Are the Machamp/Alakazam/Golem evos a level trigger, or do I need an item?

Years
    • Seen today
    you can go to the tradeback guy on slateport, its the house where the name rater used to be, the same goes for all the trade evolutions
    i only changed riolu munchlax and leavanny(now all of them evolve by level)

Back