• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I don't remember too much about pokemon anymore and definitely don't remember this card at all, but its the one where Pikachu is running at you and suns setting. it says LV. 10 HP40. I can find the card online. but nt one that's holographic. its also got a different back. It says Pocket Monsters card game.

That Pikachu may be one of the (bootleg) vending machine stickers. A lot of my vending machine sticker cards are from the Gym-series and are Japanese (with the classic "Pocket Monsters" back). Does the foil effect cover the entire card (minus borders and such)? These are usually slightly smaller than real cards as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
I'm new to Pokémon and came across a Japanese Pocket Monster #82 card. It's a shadow looking guy with three silver orbs in front of him. Does anyone know if this card has value assuming it's mediocre condition?

Thanks,

Lucas

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm new to Pokémon and came across a Japanese Pocket Monster #82 card. It's a shadow looking guy with three silver orbs in front of him. Does anyone know if this card has value assuming it's mediocre condition?

Thanks,

Lucas

You're going to need to be a little more specific, Lucas.

What I suspect you have is a Dark Magneton. Should be a little 'R' on the right hand side of the card? lv.26 HP60? Any of that accurate?

There are many things that impact price. Is the card holofoil? What is the condition of the card? etc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2019
Hello,

I recently went through my old collection and found a Snorlax (Jungle) 27/64 non holo that seems to have a printing error. I was wondering if you have seen anything like this before of if it is a fake?

Attachments

• 97C89388-6159-4991-B264-12ED6B455709.jpeg
    97C89388-6159-4991-B264-12ED6B455709.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 9
  • A3B5F268-A432-4479-9961-2F08A42A10D6.jpeg
    A3B5F268-A432-4479-9961-2F08A42A10D6.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 8B3DF331-A3DD-4633-B29E-AD8C063CA2B9.jpeg
    8B3DF331-A3DD-4633-B29E-AD8C063CA2B9.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 3

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Hello,

I recently went through my old collection and found a Snorlax (Jungle) 27/64 non holo that seems to have a printing error. I was wondering if you have seen anything like this before of if it is a fake?

It looks fairly real, I think it's just an ink smudge (I had an Eevee from jungle that had an odd red mark on it from the same mishap)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently came across a particular card that I thought could be interesting. I have zero knowledge of this game but I couldn't find the card online. It's a Mew card with 360hp. My questions are: is this fake? Is it worth any money?

I couldn't attach a picture but here are the details:
It is the same card as the one I found with the name "Pokemon Legend HS4 Triumphant Single Card Mew Prime #97 Super rare Holo" but instead of 60hp it has 360hp.

Thankyou

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Hello everyone,

I recently came across a particular card that I thought could be interesting. I have zero knowledge of this game but I couldn't find the card online. It's a Mew card with 360hp. My questions are: is this fake? Is it worth any money?

It is the same card as the one I found with the name "Pokemon Legend HS4 Triumphant Single Card Mew Prime #97 Super rare Holo" but instead of 60hp it has 360hp.

Thankyou
Definitely fake. If you look more closely, you'll probably spot more typos (lack of an accent above the "é" in Pokémon is a pretty common one) and notice that the galaxy foil pattern, while still reflective if printed on foil, doesn't sparkle properly.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 6, 2019
Thanks!
It does have an accent on pokémon but you're probably right.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2019
It looks fairly real, I think it's just an ink smudge (I had an Eevee from jungle that had an odd red mark on it from the same mishap)

Thank you! I also have a 1st edition Typhlosion 17/111 with a red dot near the set symbol and was wondering if this would be the same type of smudge?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hello everyone,

Thankyou

I second Icy. It's most certainly a fake. As far as I know, there's never been a Pokemon released with 360HP.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2019
Hi. i have gengar fossil pokemon card with is full holo so how rare is that because i didnt find any of them in internet?

Years
Hi. i have gengar fossil pokemon card with is full holo so how rare is that because i didnt find any of them in internet?

So it's got the Fossil set's claw but is full holo? I'm going to guess it has a bit of a cracked ice pattern to the whole card's holo as well? And it's in Japanese?

Sounds very much like some of the stickers of "cards" you could get from vending machines.

Do you have a picture of the card to upload as an attachment to your next post so we can confirm?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I have a Base Set Unlimited Edition charizard ( 4/102)

but the twist is that it's from the 6th print, which has a copyrite 1999-2000. I can't find any cards like this online to compare for pricing. Apparently the 6th print run was only availalbe in the UK, making it more rare. If anyone has an idea what to price it at, let me know. I paid $50 for it, not realizing it was ''rare''. its in pretty good condition as well..

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I have a Base Set Unlimited Edition charizard ( 4/102)

but the twist is that it's from the 6th print, which has a copyrite 1999-2000. I can't find any cards like this online to compare for pricing. Apparently the 6th print run was only availalbe in the UK, making it more rare. If anyone has an idea what to price it at, let me know. I paid $50 for it, not realizing it was ''rare''. its in pretty good condition as well..

these are somewhat common in the UK and some of Europe (most of our base set runs had 1999-2000, as ours released later than the US iirc, though we did also have 1st ed) so they wouldnt hold anymore value in the EU, but in America they might

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PSA-9-MI...387590?hash=item340df3e706:g:LPEAAOSw~cldGkX5

he probably will not get the asking price, but it looks like he at least thinks that being a euro-print makes it more valuable to the US market

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 20, 2019
Hey I have a Lucario ex card in Japanese. I don't really know what set it is from but it says ex in lower case. It's a holo and it says 1st edition on the bottom left. It is 006/012. It's from 2005. I would upload a picture but I am sorry because I don't know how to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey I have a Lucario ex card in Japanese. I don't really know what set it is from but it says ex in lower case. It's a holo and it says 1st edition on the bottom left. It is 006/012. It's from 2005. I would upload a picture but I am sorry because I don't know how to.

Hey there! Is this your card?:
Spoiler:

That would be a Aura's Lucario ex. It was released as a part of a Japanese exclusive half deck called Master Kit. I've not been able to find a decent price gauge for it, but if I had to estimate (provided the card is New/Mint), you could probably fetch $15 - $30 for it. It appears most on the market right now are 1st edition, so I'm not sure if there's a larger portion of non-1st edition and how that would change the price.

I will update this if I find anything new in my research though. I hope this was helpful! :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 23, 2019
Hi guys
Please tell me, what might these cards be worth?
imgur.com/a/SojQatw
imgur.com/a/oYKdK09
imgur.com/a/lncNQaF

Years
Hi guys
imgur.com/a/SojQatw
imgur.com/a/oYKdK09
imgur.com/a/lncNQaF

I've gone ahead and moved your post to the appropriate thread for your question (asking what cards are worth).

Will attempt to find time to take a look at these later on tonight when I'm not at work, if someone else doesn't beat me to pricing these out.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi guys
imgur.com/a/SojQatw
imgur.com/a/oYKdK09
imgur.com/a/lncNQaF

Hey there! You've come to the right place! I collect cards from this era so I'll be able to help you out. :)

First sheet of cards. Your top left, top right, and bottom right Base Set Gyarados' look pretty good, provided the smudging is from the sleeves. Those are going for $4 to $5 each at the moment. The middle Gyarados looks pretty played, so I imagine it would sell for much less. Maybe $3? Next is your Neo Genesis Bellossom - which appears to have some serious creasing on the bottom right corner. Usually you can get NM for about $8. In that condition I'd say probably $3 or $4. Most upsetting is that Neo Revelations Entei with the lifted corners. In the condition yours is in, I'd say you'd be lucky to fetch $8 for it. The Rocket's Dark Arbok actually looks pretty good, but if it's not first edition or 'W' stamped then you'd be lucky to get about a $1 for it. The Fossil Muk and the Jungle Pinsir each sell for about $5 respectively.

So, for your first page of nine cards, you're looking at an conservative estimate of $35 if you sell in bulk.

Second sheet of cards. These cards look like their in better condition. The Base Set Machamp can go for around $5. Jungle Snorlax looks like it has damage in the bottom corners, but could probably sell for $8. Base Set Hitmonchan, provided that smudge near the retreat cost is on the outside sleeve, can go for about $3. Now, your Neo Destiny Shining Mewtwo is a really great find. It's got some serious creasing in the center, so that's going to lower the price drastically, but you may very well get upwards of $40 for that one. Your Neo Discovery Unown A seems to be in fairly good condition and can probably fetch $1. Same with the Jungle Clefable because of the damaged holofoil. The Neo Discovery Politoed seems to be in fairly good shape and I estimate the price would be around $5 - $7. The Dark Alakazam doesn't look too played either, so you can probably expect about $6 for that one. The Neo Destiny Dark Espeon is a little harder to get a handle on because the rightmost corner is cut off, but provided it's in NM condition, you can sell it for about $20 - $28.

So, for your second page of nine cards, you're looking at an conservative estimate of $88 if you sell in bulk.

Now, the last three cards. I'm not going to count the Butterfree because it's worth less than 10 cents. The Fossil Zapdos looks lightly played, but you can probably get about $2 for it. The Lt. Surge's Magneton would probably go for about the same, $2 - $3. So, for your final two cards, you're looking at an conservative estimate of $4.

Your final total could possibly be around $128. But please keep in mind that card appraisal is not an exact science and there's no way to tell with 100% certainty what the cards will be valued at to the right (or wrong) person. Best of luck to you and I hope this was helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back