• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • Yes, I'm playing the Beta 15.4. When i talk to Captain Luke, he says "Alright, we're here". And I'm still in Vermilion City. I don't see the options going to Orange Archipelago or something else.
    Understood. I'll drop this bug report of yours in the Discord Server.
    Yes, I'm playing the Beta 15.4. When i talk to Captain Luke, he says "Alright, we're here". And I'm still in Vermilion City. I don't see the options going to Orange Archipelago or something else.
    It looks like the wild encounters of various maps has been changed. I'll have to go over every map again once I find some time. I apologize for the inconvenience.

But yes, right now in the Beta 15.4, the Fishing Encounters in Pallet Town are Horsea, Shellder, Magikarp, Seadra and Psyduck. That is correct.

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    Hey folks, I really have to write a bit longer about some of my struggles with the game, as I heard, there will only be one bigger update and then it will be put aside.
    new type effectiveness chart: There are a few things I really like better than in the official games: Grass has no special interaction with Flying, which makes much more sense, since Flying isn't about birds, but rather about fighting in the air and with strong winds; Steel is normally effective against Steel like Rock against Rock; Ice finally has another resistance and just 3 weaknesses, although I would give Ice a resistance against Water and make Fighting just normally effective, since that would make much more sense. However, other than that I really dislike the new chart. Both Psychic and since the implementation of Fairy also Dark are rather weak types and now they are so weak, that I just don't want to play them, although Ghost, Dark and Psychic are my favorite types. I mean, why, just why does Dragon has a Psychic immunity, it's completely random?! And Ghost is already a rather strong type, there is no reason at all to give Dark a weakness to Ghost, that is just so illogical, that I don't have words. One could give Psychic and Dark an immunity against confusion or make Psychic normally effective to Steel, that would make sense, but this is not only extremely unbalanced, but also completely illogical. Furthermore, Ice in now too strong offensively. Ice already was a really good offensive type, so with the new Glitch type there is no reason to give Ice another 2 strengths against Fighting and Fairy, which both seem quite random. As I said, to make Fighting normally effective to Ice and give it a resistance against Water seems legit, but now with the new Ice and Glitch types Fighting seems extremely weakened, which is just unbalanced and unnecessary. Last but not least, I really think the Glitch type is... meh. I know, it's a reference to Missingno and that's why it's just Flying, but at least let there be Glitch moves. I can just speak for myself and I really don't want a Glitch Pokemon as is now.
    evol carol: the thing is: I found it by klicking on some Youtube videos because I haven't understood, why I still can't evolve into any new Eeveelution after the Kanto league, since I thought, I would need stones. I haven't come across that event with the evolution of Poliwhirl, maybe because I evolved it earlier into a Politoed with a link stone, so I haven't been underwater. my question is: Wouldn't it be much better to get that carol with the Eevee from Erika? I read on reddit, that this is actually a problem for other people too.
    mega evolution stones: I just heard, that there are others than the stone for Mega Venusaur, so I really think they should be available earlier in the game. I don't mean before the Kanto League, since that wouldn't feel right obvioulsy, but I would make them available right after choosing the Orange starter, so maybe somewhere in Professor Ivy's house.
    PS: The item black sludge is bugged, as it does nothing at all.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • evol carol: the thing is: I found it by klicking on some Youtube videos because I haven't understood, why I still can't evolve into any new Eeveelution after the Kanto league, since I thought, I would need stones. I haven't come across that event with the evolution of Poliwhirl, maybe because I evolved it earlier into a Politoed with a link stone, so I haven't been underwater. my question is: Wouldn't it be much better to get that carol with the Eevee from Erika? I read on reddit, that this is actually a problem for other people too.
    Coral*
    As for the question, I don't understand it. The Eevee you get from Erika is the only Eevee you can get, so naturally, the Evo Coral has no other use but to evolve that Eevee.
    You can access the Underwater Spot of the S.S. Anne where you can get it at any time too.
    PS: The item black sludge is bugged, as it does nothing at all.
    Already reported. It's a quirk from MrDollSteak's patch which this hack uses.

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    Coral*
    As for the question, I don't understand it. The Eevee you get from Erika is the only Eevee you can get, so naturally, the Evo Coral has no other use but to evolve that Eevee.
    You can access the Underwater Spot of the S.S. Anne where you can get it at any time too.
    Maybe I haven't stated that clear: I haven't found that coral until klicking on some Youtube videos because I haven't known, that I can jump into the water on the S.S. Anne and I am definitely not the only one with that problem. The problem is not, that i can't get it, the problem is, that I haven't come to the event with the evolution of Poliwhirl. I don't know, if this is event optional or it is a bug because I already had a Politoed. However, both options are bad because it shouldn't be optional, it should be in the main story, so you can't miss it. So it should be given to you by Erika.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • it shouldn't be optional, it should be in the main story, so you can't miss it. So it should be given to you by Erika.
    The Evo Coral does not exist in the Pokémon Adventures Manga, neither do most of the Eeveevolutions featured in this hack.
    I disagree with you in that it should be obtainable during the storyline of the Kanto Region; it shouldn't, in my opinion.

The Evo Coral is an optional item that the Player does not need in order to progress through the game at any point in time, and an item that they can get at any time too.
    The way it's currently implemented is fine, in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2022
    @Allen Ceedos

Thanks for your effort..I like your style of taking the reader into the game/walkthrough.

I love the game so far!
    However it seems I did something wrong or it's a bug, tried to search it up but couldn't find anything about it.

I'm in Celadon City and I just finished the lower floors of Rocket Team in the Game Corner.
    I have to go outside now to save Blue.

In my correct outfit I go outside and see the whole happening with Blue fighting with the Tauros & Ditto.
    When she uses the Jigglypuf to escape..my screen turns in black and stays black.

I tried several VisualBoyAdvance (1.7.2. & 1.8.0)
    I'm 100% sure my ROM is correct, I doublechecked on Rom Patcher Js.
    Playing the latest version of the beta 15.4
    I have a savegame where I am past the last trainer in the lower floor of Rocket Team, tried several times to do it again but everytime same output.

So is there something I have to do first..or did I ruined it somewhere?
    Or am I just unlucky? :-D

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

After I went in the house next to the Pokemon Center and talked with the little girl about the "unknown" blue pokemon, I tried again and this time I could continue....Wooooooo!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2020
    Understood. I'll drop this bug report of yours in the Discord Server.

It looks like the wild encounters of various maps has been changed. I'll have to go over every map again once I find some time. I apologize for the inconvenience.

But yes, right now in the Beta 15.4, the Fishing Encounters in Pallet Town are Horsea, Shellder, Magikarp, Seadra and Psyduck. That is correct.

It's okay. So I have to wait for the beta 16, right? Also, this game is great. Hope for new updates. You tried your best. May you have a good day :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I deleted my post and decided to look in the guide, but thank you for the fast response. How does one get the Dream Orb?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    Hi there , excellent game really enjoying it. Just wondering about kangaskid. Does it have a male evolution and if so how does it evolve into the male evolution?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I deleted my post and decided to look in the guide, but thank you for the fast response. How does one get the Dream Orb?
    As far as I can remember, you can find some scattered in the Orange Islands inside Item Balls.
    I can't remember if you can buy them later on or not though.
    Hi there , excellent game really enjoying it. Just wondering about kangaskid. Does it have a male evolution and if so how does it evolve into the male evolution?
    Male Kangaskid at Lv20 evolves into Kangaskhoo. You can also get a Kangaskhoo playing a small event in Viridian Forest by interacting with the Kangaskhan you helped during the storyline.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    This is my first exposure to this game and I am very interested. But I got confused by these different versions. What should I download?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • This is my first exposure to this game and I am very interested. But I got confused by these different versions. What should I download?
    I'm not sure where is this confusion coming from.
    Deprecated Versions are old versions of the hack that are no longer being developed and are not supported either.
    The Main version is the latest version of the hack.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    I mean, I have downloaded 15 patch files. But shouldn't I have a game file?Sorry for my bad English.Ithought i should get a gba file.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I mean, I have downloaded 15 patch files. But shouldn't I have a game file?Sorry for my bad English.Ithought i should get a gba file.
    Sharing ROM Files is illegal and not allowed in this community. Because of that, hacks are shared in the form of patches that you have to apply over a copy of the base game.
    In the main post you have a guide on how to apply patches under the Miscellaneous Information Section.

Also, you don't need 15 patch files, so I'm not sure how, when or why you got that many. The only patch you need to download is the Latest Version's, nothing else.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I apologize if you've answered this before, but will the expansion be compatible with saves from the latest beta?

XxPikachuxX

Enthusiast
    Years
  • I love this game so far, best rom hack imo due to its complex storyline and gameplay. Just wondering, I have two curiosities:
    - What's behind the path that Brock's Guards in Pewter City are blocking? Is Aethestode intending to make a remake of the encounter with Bruno back in Beta 11? Definitely would satisfy some of the plot with the Elite Four.
    - I remember back from Beta 11 that Mirage Island featured an extra side chapter where Red explored a tower with dark mages guarding each floor of the tower. I also believe that Hoopa was a central character in the tower plot also. Would Aethestode ever remake that extra side chapter? It's a lot to ask but this Beta and Beta 11 were the best versions of the rom hack so far.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • - I remember back from Beta 11 that Mirage Island featured an extra side chapter where Red explored a tower with dark mages guarding each floor of the tower. I also believe that Hoopa was a central character in the tower plot also. Would Aethestode ever remake that extra side chapter? It's a lot to ask but this Beta and Beta 11 were the best versions of the rom hack so far.
    It's in the post detailing the content for the expansion of the Beta 15, so yes.

Back