• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest #13 (voting phase jan 20-25)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

pokeball.gif
Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome to the 13th installation of the Pokémon Manga Caption Contest of PokéCommunity! We'll try to do this a bit differently than last time: When the entry phase closes, the voting phase commences.

The winner will be listed in our Hall of Fame and will get to help me choose a panel if there will be another caption contest. And there's another prize too... You will earn the right to a one-time custom html usertitle here on the forums. That is, a fancier line beneath your username which will last until you edit it yourself. Without paying for it, wow! Such fame! Very hawt! The details will be clear once there is a winner.

And of course, anyone on PokéCommunity is allowed to vote, regardless if you are in the competition yourself or not! Try to really vote for the captions you think are best, and don't vote for your friends just to be nice or something because that's not really nice when it all comes down to it.

Voting Form

I vote for the captions made by: (usernames of 2 different contestants here, order won't matter)
Optional comment: (keep it short, a few words about why this caption got your vote. You can also leave this blank!)

Voting Thread Rules

• Everyone who made an entry is required to vote, or your own entry will be disqualified.
  • Vote for your 2 favorite entries.
  • You can not vote for yourself.
  • Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words even in your voting post, and no vulgarities.
  • Post your vote in this thread and try to keep chit-chat posts to a minimum~ If you want to chit-chat more deeply about the manga or this contest - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!
  • Voting will close and be summed up by me some time on January 25th (GMT+1).

Entries

Gold: "Y'know Kris, that giant ribbon's actually my Ditto."
Kris: "You haven't even started your journey yet!"
By: TD

"Oh, smell that? Mom is making slowpoke tail for dinner!"
By: jollyninetails

Kris: "Gold's talking sleeve is really creeping me out..."
By: Wobbu

UOOLUGR.png

By: River Ramirez

Gold: "So that's why I told him, DON'T USE YOUR BIKE INDOORS, MAN"
By: tsatoma

Gold: '...and that's when I was like 'HYPERBEAM' and Silver didn't know what hit him..'
Kris: 'Gold, I think he's dead.'
By: Somniac

01SzYgp.png

By: Pokestick, good times.

zU7xda1.png

By: Scyke'd

GpURiU0.png

By: Zach

gold: "this one time at pokecamp...."
By: lunis

Gold: Okay, I think I have one more plan!
Kris: Not again...
By: Nymphadora

J8m0pbU.png

By: Brendino

Gold: "...And that's how I'm going to be the League Champ!"
Kris: ("What the heck did Gold just step in?")
By: Silhouette

Gold: I'm off to practise spinning a basketball! Check out my style!
By: Maruno

Gold : "Can any person beat the Destiny of a Great trainer Like me ?"
Kris: "Cmon Your gonna get your Pokemon beaten up ! I am GONNA CHANGE YOUR LEGACY !"
By: AnsirentRhythm

Gold: And that's the way the cookie crumbles!
Kris: *sigh*
By: Hiroshi Kaede

Remember to vote for 2 entries. If you have any questions or concerns, you can post here or message me privately.
Happy voting!!

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I vote for the captions made by: Wobbu & Pokestick, good times.
Scyke'd's entry was funny too, but the two I voted for made me chuckle the most. xD

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
My vote goes to Somniac. I just thought his was funny. Oh! And Syke'd. I like the whole Challenge approach thing he's got going on since I can totally relate to that.

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I vote for the captions made by: Scyke'd and River Ramirez
Optional comment: So many good entries to choose from. :( but :) at the same time :(:

Years
I vote for the captions made by Pokestick, good times. and Wobbu.

Some really good entries here, and I would've voted for at least 2 or 3 others if I could.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm voting for Pokestick, good times and Silhouette. All the entries were great, though; good job, you all. :]

Love_32

Who cares?
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
Hello, i'm kinda new here. But i happen to stop here. I see theres some voting coming up here. So, i think i'll try it :)

I'm going to vote for Hiroshi Kaede, cause, if you viewed the movie "Bruce Almighty" sure you'll laugh too. I'll betcha! ^^
And for Zach, its just ridiculous, though

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I vote for the captions made by Somiac and Pokestick, good times.

The former is simply hilarious with the latter coming close second, for me.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
I'll vote for Scyke'd and Maruno. They were both hilarious.

Honorable mentions: Wobbu, Brendino and Pokestick, good times.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
One more day to vote, guys! Those who submitted an entry and haven't voted yet, better do it soon or you'll automatically lose~

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
Oh boy, hopefully it isn't too late for me to vote. I clearly didn't read the rules thoroughly

I'll vote for Somniac and Scyke'd.

I thought everyone's were really good, though!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

pokeball.gif
And the winner is...

01SzYgp.png

By: [supporter]Pokestick, good times.[/supporter]

I really hated playing Gold and noticing that my mother back in New Bark had bought dolls for my hard-earned money xD Congratulations, pokey! With a vast majority of 7 votes, you win this month's contest. You'll be entered in the Hall of Fame and I'll contact you about the custom html usertitle ;)

Runner-ups were Somniac and Scyke'd, but everyone's captions were funny and it was difficult to choose favorites.

Make sure to check back in ~2 weeks, when the next Pokémon Manga Caption Contest
will be held if things go according to plan!

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years

pokeball.gif
And the winner is...

01SzYgp.png

By: [supporter]Pokestick, good times.[/supporter]

I really hated playing Gold and noticing that my mother back in New Bark had bought dolls for my hard-earned money xD Congratulations, pokey! With a vast majority of 7 votes, you win this month's contest. You'll be entered in the Hall of Fame and I'll contact you about the custom html usertitle ;)

Runner-ups were Somniac and Scyke'd, but everyone's captions were funny and it was difficult to choose favorites.

Make sure to check back in ~2 weeks, when the next Pokémon Manga Caption Contest
will be held if things go according to plan!

Congrats man! I've personally never played Gold and Silver so I didn't figure out what you're caption was supposed to mean. But now that I understand I have to admit it's pretty darn funny.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Congratulations Pokestick, good times.! All of the humorous entries made this Caption Contest one of the bests :D I wonder what everyone will come up with next time?

Back