• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X or Y?

Which version will you get?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 37 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm getting both! ...I think. Well, maybe. I'm defs making X as my main game tho because X is a much nicer letter than Y (yes, I'm a weirdo).

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
    Years
  • I will be getting Pokemon X version because X sounds to be cool and I have always played the first version before the second.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

It's too early for me to say. We dot even know version differences and we've barely had any looks at th legendaries. But I'd have to say X at this point, cause it sounds cooler, and there won't be stupid memes made out of the name.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I much prefer X to Y for some reason and I prefer Blue to Red so I'm pretty sure I'll be getting X first shortly followed by Y. I still can't get used to the names yet!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It all depends on the differences between each version and the version exclusives.

So far I'm leaning towards Pokémon X, simply because I really like the legendary elk/deer Pokémon.

Years
  • I'll be getting both, but playing one at a time as my boyfriend plays the opposite version. This is what we did with B/W2 and it worked well :3

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, I'm getting X, for in the words of Bender the Magnificent, "The X makes it sound cool!"

Seriously though, I might just get both.

Reactions: Zet
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm getting both, like I always do, but I'm definitely leaning more towards X for my main game just because I prefer its legendary even though I prefer Red over Blue. Who knows I have plenty of time to change my mind or not.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I much prefer X to Y for some reason and I prefer Blue to Red so I'm pretty sure I'll be getting X first shortly followed by Y. I still can't get used to the names yet!

X and Y are not the actual Pokemon names, just nicknames, their official names have not been revealed yet.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • The starter letters of their names might be "X" and "Y", at least, I think that'd be nice.

But as to what version I'm going to choose? It's too early to tell, but solely based on the legendaries' design, it's X. I just love the deer more than the bird. But I like 'm both, though. <3

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    Pokemon Y! Because the mascot look way more cooler ~

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I really don't care which version I get, they both look phenominal. But in my opinion, version Y's legendary looks way more cooler than X's. But that doesn't mean I'm getting Y, even if I see X, I'm buying it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Hmm..X or Y..i might get both or i think i'll decide when further details are released.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back