• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen fav moment in gen 5 games?

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    as the title suggests, im looking for peoples favourite moments from b/w?

my definite fav moment is when i just reach n's castle and the seven sages challenge u. i was thinking "do i seriously need to fight all seven of them at once?" then the best moment came when all the gym leaders come in the door and battle them. i was killing myself laughing!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's gotta be one of my favorites as well; I loved it when N's castle rose up from the ground. It was very cool, if you ask me. :] One of my personal favorite moments, though, would be when I'd finally gotten my hands on Jirachi.

Years
  • I agree with Ashley on the whole N's Castle scene, seeing it rise up was definitely one of the most epic scenes in the series, as well as the entrances of Zekrom and Reshiram. In-game wise, it would have to be where I managed to beat Ghetsis on my first attempt even though I lacked something that could counter his Hydreigon easily.

Dat Hydreigon was so damn tough, but of course I knew there was always a way.

Donut

Spriter
    Years
  • In Black and White where the Nibbassa Town Gym Leader Convinces Bianca's dad to let her continue her journey! Why I pick that moment, is because I love the music that is played during that scene!

Years
  • I also thoroughly enjoyed the big main event with N's Castle, including battling N and Ghetsis, in BW. They're just very rewarding battles and the end that comes afterward was done exceptionally well. And when the sages show up, all the Gym Leaders come to help you, which was awesome in its own right.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • Most things involving N in BW1, with the moment where he raises his castle at the E4 and the following battle between him and Ghetsis being a standout like many people have said. It was very well done, challenging and really set the stakes high. My other standout moment would probably be winning the Champion's Tournament in the PWT for the first time; my route essentially looked like a fanfic by having to beat Lance, then Blue, then Red for the title. It was like playing Pokemon Blue all over again :')

Reactions: pyx

Anuya

Hoenn's Elite Four pretender
    Years
  • Most things involving N in BW1, with the moment where he raises his castle at the E4 and the following battle between him and Ghetsis being a standout like many people have said. It was very well done, challenging and really set the stakes high. My other standout moment would probably be winning the Champion's Tournament in the PWT for the first time; my route essentially looked like a fanfic by having to beat Lance, then Blue, then Red for the title. It was like playing Pokemon Blue all over again :')

Same thing for me, I really like this moment ^o^...

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Probably Cheren's realization on the importance of humility and living life completely, rather than just at one goal at a time. It was nice to see that type of character development within a game. Normally everyone has one single goal, and Cheren was (I think) the first to ever break that cycle, and realize that he himself should enjoy everything he encounters, not just the ones that help further his goals.

Years
  • N's room/its music and battling N in his castle. Just.. got goosebumps the entire time, especially when the castle appeared. It was the only time I got that invested in Pokemon's story as I really, really wanted to see how the tale of N and our protag would conclude.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • The final battle against Ghetsis was one of the most awesome moments of Pokemon Black for me!

Years
  • I loved a lot of parts of the game - but the Ferris wheel has to be my favourite! I love N and I loved that little scene main character has with him when he explains his connection to Team Plasma.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • I would have to say N's castle without a doubt. But getting through the dimensional place even with a guide was pretty epic. I like the way they made it far less linear than end dungeons in the past.

Back