• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Dragon Ascent: A Dragon Lover's Club

Pick the newest dragon club mascot!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
  • (tfw, have to rewrite this)
    I adore the Applin line! Cute concept (a wyrm in an apple), brilliant execution, and overall solid. I love how it has a split evolution too; Tart Apple's sourness breaks open its wings to turn into Flapple whereas Sweet Apple's sweetness fuses the apple with the wyrm to turn into Appletun. I have used their G-Max forms and I'd say Flapple is the better user of it since G-Max Tartness compliments well with Hustle. Not my favourite Galar Dragon line as that title goes to Dragapult but I'd say it's third, behind Eternatus.

I personally think Tyranitar is fine as a Rock/Dark-type as it's a savage rock monster (and it looks craggy too) and I cannot see it as a Dragon-type. Plus, we already have a lot of Dragon pseudo-legendaries so it makes T-tar a little more unique.

You're a Dragon/Reptile AND Scrafty lover!?! You've seen my Dragon Scrafty Variant I came up with right?🤔🤯
    I think I might have glanced at it but feel free to post it again so I can look at it again!

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • (tfw, have to rewrite this)
    I adore the Applin line! Cute concept (a wyrm in an apple), brilliant execution, and overall solid. I love how it has a split evolution too; Tart Apple's sourness breaks open its wings to turn into Flapple whereas Sweet Apple's sweetness fuses the apple with the wyrm to turn into Appletun. I have used their G-Max forms and I'd say Flapple is the better user of it since G-Max Tartness compliments well with Hustle. Not my favourite Galar Dragon line as that title goes to Dragapult but I'd say it's third, behind Eternatus.

I personally think Tyranitar is fine as a Rock/Dark-type as it's a savage rock monster (and it looks craggy too) and I cannot see it as a Dragon-type. Plus, we already have a lot of Dragon pseudo-legendaries so it makes T-tar a little more unique.

I think I might have glanced at it but feel free to post it again so I can look at it again!

I think purple and gold is personally most fitting and any other would be a great Shiny. 🤔

Attachments

• gu574qub8g-1.png
      gu574qub8g-1.png
      19.1 KB · Views: 3
    • Screenshot_20200908-153054_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20200908-153054_Gallery.jpg
      49.5 KB · Views: 4
    • Screenshot_20200908-153050_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20200908-153050_Gallery.jpg
      47 KB · Views: 3
    • Screenshot_20200908-153046_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20200908-153046_Gallery.jpg
      58.6 KB · Views: 3

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Question of the Month: What would your team be if you were a gym leader or elite four member who specialized in dragon pokemon?

Can't decide? Then you can always use the random pokemon generator, set the number of pokemon and select dragon as the pokemon type--see what pokemon they assign you.

https://randompokemongenerator.com/app/#/

I took it for fun, asked for 6 pokemon, and received Vibrava, Flygon, Latios, Hakamo-o, Tyrantrum and Bagon. I tried to fill up a team of 6 because if you're going to face dragon pokemon the odds are it will be late game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    saw this at work last night:

Spoiler:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • This would probably be an E4 team cause I have yet to see (or remember...) a gym with 5-6 slots and lots of fully evolved Pokemon, but I would go with something like: Dragonair, Kingdra, Altaria, Goodra, Salamence and Garchomp. Tried to keep it diverse more than anything (lots of good Dragon/Flying pokes) and avoiding cover legendaries, but Garchomp is my total fave, so I'd daresay they'd be the Mega Evolution too if going for like a Dragon Champion motif.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Dragon themed team? Let's see:
    Dragapult, Hydreigon, Garchomp, Kommo-o, Duraludon, and Dracovish.

Also, I like the Kyurem!

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Dragon of the Month

Gather around the fire my fellow dragon tamers, it's time for Dragon of the month!

The weather is changing, here in the northern hemisphere where I live it is turning cold outside, it's peaceful and quiet, the kids are all back in school for the fall. Lately I think of the dragon pokemon Drampa, who lives up high in the cool mountains thousands of feet above us. It is a gentle spirit known as the placid pokemon, who descends from the mountain top at dawn to protect the children of townsfolk if they are in danger and play with them and eat berries that grow in low altitudes. He seems like a good symbol for autumn!

Your thoughts on Drampa?

I like this dragon. I adore it's design. It's a silly, whimsical dragon with a long giraffe neck yet it's coily like a snake. I am tickled by the curious smile, soft color scheme, fluffy fur and big brightly-colored eyes.

Appearance-wise this Pokemon reminds me a bit of the luck dragon from The Neverending Story. See below.
    Spoiler:

I also like the concept of this Pokemon as a friendly giant who likes everybody and is there to rescue a child in need. Drampa isn't a pushover though! It goes after bullies, and is said to burn the house down of anyone who harms one it's playmates, according to Pokemon ultra sun's Dex entry. I see him as a fanciful creature with the temperament of a protective guard/herd dog.

I ended up choosing Pokemon Sun over Moon on the basis of the cover legendary Solageo. However, one thing I envied Moon players for was having Drampa in their games, and one of the first trades I made in gen 7 was with a friend who had Moon so I could have a Drampa of my own.

It's a good Pokemon with decent bulk and great 135 special attack-- which can be raised with calm mind (along with it's special defense) or by it's exclusive ability berserk that activates when it's below half health. Because beserk raises the special attack every time the Pokemon reaches half health that means if Drampa's health is halved, but recovers over the half mark with a move like roost and/or an item like leftovers or sitrus berry Drampa and later falls below the half point again then it would get additional special attack boosts through beserk!

While I think Beserk is it's most interesting ability, all of it's abilities are useful as well. The ability Cloud Nine can shut down a weather team. While sap sipper can be a surprise for your opponent in certain situations, giving you an immunity to grass attacks, and making you virtually immune to sleep as well since most sleep-inducing moves are gras type attacks like spore, sleep powder and grasswhistle

Drampa's extremely slow-moving, yet I have heard plenty of tales of Drampa sweeps when used used strategically like on a trick room team. Despite it's cute looks you should be careful switching in on this guy because it has the coverage to hit anything. Will it throw Dragon Pulse? Thunderbolt? Flamethrower? Ice Beam? Hurricane? Energy Ball? Who knows? Drampa also has his support options like glare.

I think Drampa's normal typing is a curious choice for a duo typing though, normal isn't the first thing I would think of when looking at this Pokemon and I don't think it adds much to it. It can learn hyper voice, so it has access to a very good move stab move, but since normal isn't super-effectve against anything and Drampa has lots of strong coverage options already you could easily put another attack in that slot that would enable you to hit a greater number of foes, for instance a fire type move like heat wave or fire blast to check steel Pokemon that resist normal and drago. While the normal typing gives it a ghost immunity that could come into use in certain situations, since it wasn't weak to this type and even learns moves that hit ghost super-effectively like shadow ball, I think Drampa might as well have stayed a pure dragon type Pokemon, and lose the normal combo and fighting weakness...unless it was the evolution for Dunsparce like some fans made theories and memes about, then it's a perfect fit!

Did you catch Drampa's debut in Tasting Berries with the Bitter Sweet? In this episode of Pokemon Sun & Moon Drampa appeared to Mallow and Lana as lost children to guide them out of the forest, and was given the name Grandfather Forest.

While I am not a big fan of the SM anime, this episode was a treat, and a charming way to introduce the loveable Drampa. I think it could have also been cool to have a side quest in the Alola games where Drampa could appear to the player as a helper in a challenging dungeon as a nod the it's back story. In general I would like to Drampa represented more in the franchise especially the anime and manga.

Ever dynamaxed Drampa or used it on a team in anyway?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    It's design never appealed much to me, but after reading your post I have to say I've done quite a 180 on Drampa! It does totally give me Atreyu vibes and it's competitive viability is actually pretty good. Not as good as the Salamence or Garchomps out there, but hey, not every dragon meant to be a monstrous powerhouse.

It actually reminds me of what Studio Ghibli's interpretation of a traditional Chinese dragon would be. Still don't get the Normal typing though, lol.

Years
  • I TheKillerRedSkull a.k.a. Dave The King of Hell, bowing before the Mighty Zekrom and Walking through the path of Fire accompanied by my beloved Devastator on my journey, requests to for a place in this Mighty Dragon's Kingdom....
    Hope my appeal is heard.......
    Peace.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • I TheKillerRedSkull a.k.a. Dave The King of Hell, bowing before the Mighty Zekrom and Walking through the path of Fire accompanied by my beloved Devastator on my journey, requests to for a place in this Mighty Dragon's Kingdom....
    Hope my appeal is heard.......
    Peace.

Welcome to the fold TheKillerRedSkull, friend of dragons. You walk with a mighty dragon beside you Devastator, and I sense a strong bond between you two.

You have passed through the flames unscathed, and deserve this Dragon gem as your reward. Congratulations! You are our newest member Dave! May the power of the great Zekrom always watch over and protect you brave warrior! You have earned your place with the legendary dragons.

Years
  • Welcome to the fold TheKillerRedSkull, friend of dragons. You walk with a mighty dragon beside you Devastator, and I sense a strong bond between you two.

You have passed through the flames unscathed, and deserve this Dragon gem as your reward. Congratulations! You are our newest member Dave! May the power of the great Zekrom always watch over and protect you brave warrior! You have earned your place with the legendary dragons.

It's an Great Honour to take the Sacred Gem.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • From Today I am going to Hunt for a Shiny Gible in Pokemon Platinum.

It's a privilege to have you among our ranks. You bring us lots of great news! Your new Zekrom Warlord is stunning, and will be a great companion for your eldest Devastator. I'm excited to see this newly adopted dragon.

Good luck to you on your shiny hunt for Gible! That pokemon has a special meaning to me because Gible was the very first random encounter shiny I ever came across. I stumbled upon it purely by fluke in Wayward cave, and thankfully managed to catch my first shiny. I really hope you get your Gible TheKillerRedSkull.

Years
  • hello everyone,
    Today I would be reaching eterna city and after defeating Gardenia, Soon I will complete team galactic mission and after taking cut, I would be going for wayward cave for shiny Gible, Can you suggest me a nickname for it. I will also upload a video so that it act as a proof.

Bye! Dave Out!

Years
  • Question of the Month: What would your team be if you were a gym leader or elite four member who specialized in dragon pokemon?

Can't decide? Then you can always use the random pokemon generator, set the number of pokemon and select dragon as the pokemon type--see what pokemon they assign you.

https://randompokemongenerator.com/app/#/

I took it for fun, asked for 6 pokemon, and received Vibrava, Flygon, Latios, Hakamo-o, Tyrantrum and Bagon. I tried to fill up a team of 6 because if you're going to face dragon pokemon the odds are it will be late game.

Okay, So my Team would be of..

1. Garchomp
    2. Giratina (I don't know if I can keep a legendary If not then only 5)
    3. Tyrantrum
    4. Salamance
    5. Dragonair
    6. Latios

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    How long did it take you to get it?

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Congratulations on dragon hunting! Shiny dragons are a joyous occasion. Gible is fine shiny too.

I have a topic question that I think would be fun to ask the dragon club.

What is your favorite dragon type Pokemon move?

Mine is Dragon Dance. I love the speed and attack boost. If you get one of those up on say a Haxorus or Dragonite it will just sweep the whole team. It's brilliant!

Years
  • Hmm.. My favourite Dragon Type move is Draco Meteor. Not only it is the one of the strongest Dragon type move but also a Good Finisher which I like most. It looks cool when either Garchomp or Rayquaza uses this move.

Back