• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Dragon Ascent: A Dragon Lover's Club

Pick the newest dragon club mascot!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    What's the title of the series you mentioned centering on Kaiju? I'd like read/watch it.

One question. Reshiram or Zekrom? All members choose one as their guide, then become full fledged dragon priests and priestesses.
    I think that was just "Godzilla". Tbh. I only remember watching an episode when I was a kid. Afaik Godzilla was just someone in a costume.

I find it difficult to decide. But I do like Kyurem-White more than Kyurem-Black. I'll pick Reshiram!

Years
  • Thats a hard decision, they are both awesome! I'm gonna say reshiram because it was my first ever champion card.

I know, isn't the Two Trio great? I can understand being torn. I chose to follow Reshiram though too, glad we're allies!

Wow, glad to welcome a TCG player to our midst. You will always have a place to show off dragon-theme cards here in our club.

I present you with this Dragon Gem as a token of your membership, and have added your name to the scribe's archives.

I think that was just "Godzilla". Tbh. I only remember watching an episode when I was a kid. Afaik Godzilla was just someone in a costume.

I find it difficult to decide. But I do like Kyurem-White more than Kyurem-Black. I'll pick Reshiram!

I like the idea that Godzilla is the one they turn to for help against the other monsters, instead of the destroyer in this one. Hey, even in old monster movies with costumes can still be fun. I need to check out more titles like Ghidorah and Rodan for their dragon-like creaturea. Some old movies with monsters are classics, especially the stop motion animation ones, I like the Hydra in the Ray Harryhousen Jason and the Argonauts.

I ought to make a three-fold path from now on where dragon initiates elect either the path of fire for Reshiram, Thunder for Zekrom or Ice for Kyurem. Because he's awesome too. I also chose the Kyurem White.

Here is your Dragon Gem friend of dragons. Your name is now part of our great halls forever.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Reshiriam has always & forever will remain my favourite. It exudes unadulterated power, elegance, grace, it truly is a mesmerizing being. Furthermore, I'm of the opinion that it has a superior design among legendaries and dragon types alike, being a favourite in both categories.

tumblr_mdm0boJHPy1rr82efo1_500.gif

Zekrom I do like, though its design simply doesn't captivate me to the same extent.

Years
  • I found an interesting article from The Gamer, Which Dragon Pokémon Are You, Based On Chinese Astrology?
    https://www.thegamer.com/pokemon-which-dragon-type-based-chinese-zodiac/

I am an honorable Year of the Dragon in real life, according to this the Pokemon that represents me is dragapault. I'll take it! Dragapault is really cool, quite possibly the coolest thing in the Galar Dex. I wouldn't say I'm arrogant, but passionate perhaps.

What's it say about you dragon worshippers?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I was born in a Year of the Monkey, so that means I get Rayquaza, which is cool. Can't say that some of description/listed traits fits, but these sorts of things never really do

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I was born in the year of the dragon, and my birth year (2000) means that I specifically am a golden dragon, which I find to be quite exceptional.

According to the website, I'm a Dragspult, which I can certainly see. I have a love for ghost types and Dragapult is a unique pokemon in general.

Years
  • Suppose I should join this club, with Dragon being my 2nd fav typing (second only to Ice for me). (I've been in this thread multiple times, but kept forgetting to actually join xD)

I'd rather keep poor lonely Kyurem company while being guided, but if forced to choose between Reshiram/Zekrom.... I shall go with Zekrom. Reshiram is more elegant, but Zekrom is cooler imo.

As for the article a couple posts above, I was born in the year of the goat. So I get Salamence, which is great since it's tied for my favorite Dragon type with Dialga =3
    The descriptions doesn't fit me at all though xD

Today I spent almost all day making a Rayquaza Nanoblock (1.790 pieces):
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• IMG_20210926_125229213.jpg
      IMG_20210926_125229213.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 36
    • IMG_20210926_171704639.jpg
      IMG_20210926_171704639.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 36
    • IMG_20210926_171751248.jpg
      IMG_20210926_171751248.jpg
      802.4 KB · Views: 36
    • IMG_20210926_172331137.jpg
      IMG_20210926_172331137.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 35
    • IMG_20210926_172503518.jpg
      IMG_20210926_172503518.jpg
      671.4 KB · Views: 65
    Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    How long did it take you to complete it? That's so many tiny pieces to deal with

Years
  • How long did it take you to complete it? That's so many tiny pieces to deal with

I started around 10 AM after waking up somewhat late and eating breakfast. Finished right before dinner at around 7PM. No breaks other than toilet breaks.
    The last couple hours my back started to hurt from being hunched over continuously putting those tiny parts together xD

This was my first time making a bigger nanoblock too. Before this one, the biggest nanoblock I made was around 400 pieces (don't remember what it was other than being a Pokemon nanoblock as well).
    Mainly insisted on doing this thing in 1 day because although the booklet had you make it in modules, the bags were not numbered so you had to open all of them because parts you'd need would be all over. Didn't wanna end up having to re-sort all the dang pieces next day after cleaning up xD

The end result is worth it though imo, I quite like it ^.^

Last edited:
    Years
  • Suppose I should join this club, with Dragon being my 2nd fav typing (second only to Ice for me). (I've been in this thread multiple times, but kept forgetting to actually join xD)

I'd rather keep poor lonely Kyurem company while being guided, but if forced to choose between Reshiram/Zekrom.... I shall go with Zekrom. Reshiram is more elegant, but Zekrom is cooler imo.

As for the article a couple posts above, I was born in the year of the goat. So I get Salamence, which is great since it's tied for my favorite Dragon type with Dialga =3
    The descriptions doesn't fit me at all though xD

Today I spent almost all day making a Rayquaza Nanoblock (1.790 pieces):
    Spoiler:

Welcome to the our sacred den young ice dragon tamer! Your name will now appear carved in stone as a member.

It is an honor to have you among us, and I am glad to know that you hold the noble dragon in such high esteem. Your journey here could not have been an easy one.

I am pleased to award you this dragon gem for your efforts.

We must all walk our own path. Instead of the light or the dark it seems that yours is a shade of gray. The mighty ice dragon Kyurem has arisen to claim you as it's champion! It will watch over you always.

What a magnificent Rayquaza you have! I appreciate a the time you spent, building a little work of art. I am most impressed. Good job!

Years
  • **What are your favorite Dragon Pokemon? You may name as many or as few pokemon as you want.

Dialga, Salamence, Kommo-o, Kyurem, Goodra, Rayquaza, Noivern, Garchomp.

**Have you ever encountered any shiny dragon pokemon?

Wild encounter? no.
    I have shiny bred the entire Jangmo-o line though =3
    Also have plans to shiny breed the Bagon line, but haven't gotten around to it =p

**Other fictional dragons of interest?

Two that come to mind are:
    -The golden dragons from The Witcher universe. They can change shape freely and walk amongst humans as if one.
    -Paarthunax from Skyrim. I've just always seen him as some sort of sensei. When the blades ask you to kill him I just told them off xD

**Some members may wish to be reborn with a glorious new dragon name. If so visit the name generator and find out your true identity.

Satan the Anger

He has scales as green as jade carvings!

He has refined senses and a taste for barbecued food!

He can kill with a single, toxic breath!

can't say I'm particularly happy with this one xD

Topic: Pokemon who SHOULD be dragons, but are not.

Charizard and Gyarados immediately pop into mind but have already been mentioned.
    How about tyranitar? I could see it as being a Rock/Dragon or Dark/Dragon.
    Other than that the only one I can think of that could be a dragon is Aerodactyl.

Years
  • Hello friends of dragons,

This is a short, fun little video I found that compares the anatomy of many beloved dragons from fantasy series, including some Pokemon dragon types and dragons from Middle Earth, and discusses which one could be the most plausible dragon to evolve in our world.

Give it a watch and let me know what you think. There's a dragon or two that the creator of the video didn't mention that I think could fit the criteria he was looking for fairly nicely as well.

Spoiler:

This one's an even better video if you deeply love mythology as I do. It takes an in-depth look at representations of different types of dragons from folklore around the world and what theoretical scenarios these dragons could develop and exist under on earth, similar animals that might exist to them right now or did in prehistoric times, and how something resembling flight, breathing fire or other characteristics we associate with dragons could occur hypothetically. I love the art used in the video. I also learned about some species of dinosaurs that I didn't know of before now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • From the first video the line:
    'A wingless four-legged dragon would be accurate too, but without Magical flight like in Eastern Depictions of Dragons, that's basically just a lizard.' kinda cracked me up 😂

The second video the bit about Cockatrices being the most scientifically plausible dragon was interesting. I do know cockatrices from videogames, but seeing that ancestor they discovered that perfectly fits the description was really cool.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I didn't watch all of the second video, but I can see why they'd pick cockatrices as the most plausible real world dragon, given there's a known (albeit extinct) species that so closely resembles it. Though cockatrices are some of the....least dragon like dragons, since they're more avian than anything else.

The really cool part of what I watched though was the gliding snake bit, I've never heard of gliding snakes before and had no idea any could do that! Especially since it does sound like a likely origin for the Asian style of dragons, and it's a living species instead of an extinct one.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello friends of dragons. Some nice events are coming up this December for Dragon Ascent. I can't tell you all of the details just yet, there are secrets that I must keep, but long story short, we need a dragon Pokémon to serve as our mascot.

Would any members like to help pick a dragon to represent our club? If you are interested the all you have to do is name a dragon Pokémon. The dragon that the most members express interest in will be the lucky one that gets chosen. If a lot of dragon Pokemon are named then we can make a poll out of it to settle it.

I myself would like a Dragonite, but I want to hear everybody's voice. What dragon Pokemon would you like to be our spokesperson?

Years
  • I personally like snake-looking dragons to represent this club. Since Milotic is out of the question, how's Dragonair sound?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm biased towards Zekrom, but I could go for most of the Dragon types really

Back