• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Attacks, Abilities and Items revealed at Pokémon World Championships

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Alolan Weezing sounds like it could be quite the handeful. Assuming it's stats are beefier having it's new ability could ruin certain set ups.

Years
Heard someone bring up a good point, how will Neutralizing Gas affect Pokémon like Slaking with the Truant ability (assuming it'll be in Galar)? Will it be able to move every turn..?

Last edited:
Years
Heard someone bring up a good point, how will Neutralizing Gas affect Pokémon like Slaking with the Truant ability (assuming it'll be in Galar)? Will it be able to move every turn..?

I get the impression it might. Honestly, if it wasn't for the unfortunate typing, I'd expect Weezing to really prevalent in doubles. I now have a debate with Chura over whether or not the potential benefits of its ability outweigh the fact that EQ exists. The real question though, is what happens if two are on the field? Do they cancel each other out?

Corviknight is rapidly shaping up to be a top-tier mon with that new ability too. It's got a great typing, killer ability and I'm guessing it's going to have pretty good stats too. The items introduced sound brilliant too.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
My best guess is that it'll probably work similarly to if you throw two weather Pokemon on the field -- wouldn't the faster Pokemon's ability go first?
Correct, so it'd be the slower one who 'takes over'. That said, I would be surprised if there was any cancelling out here.

Cid

Years
Corviknight and Weezing-G solidified their spots in both my in-game team and my competitive teams! I love Mirror Armor and Neutralizing Gas. <3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Neutralizing Gas sounds super interesting. Finally Pokemon like Eelektross can get hit for super effective damage!

Last edited:

mybusiness

In non-single battles, we'll see a lot of Galar-Weezings paired with Regigigas or Slaking, if Neutralizing Gas would affect all Abilities.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
G-Weezing made Archeops, Slaking, Regigigas and to an extent Golisopod viable in double battles

Back