• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What themes would you love to see in future mafia games?

Years
  • Whilst classic mafia does exist, the majority of the PokeCommunity's mafia games have some sort of theme or gimmick to them. For example, Nakuzami's "Faeries" mafia games take us to the magical land of Haven whilst the Supporter Mafia games are based upon the supporter system.

My question to you is, what are some interesting themes that you'd like to see future mafia games based on?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Perhaps a bunch of robots with the Mafia being the ones that have gone haywire? I guess that's probably uncreative.

But I've enjoyed the themes so far, like the Rebellion, the Hunger Games and the Havenites. They're all quite interesting.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I haven't seen a Pokemon-themed Mafia in my time here, but there probably has been one in the past. Giovanni and Team Rocket vs. trainers, anyone? We could have a Nurse Joy medic, Officer Jenny detective, etc., should be doable. :D

Also, an Elder Scrolls Mafia would be cool! There are so many different factions, races and lore in it, it could go a lot of different ways.

Edit: Posted and looked at my theme, which made me think of Harry Potter mafia too - Voldemort and the Death Eaters vs. Dumbledore and the Order of the Phoenix, something like that. :P This topic kind of makes me want to start my own game now. If only I was good at creative writing.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Well, after S3 and all of the queued threads, I will be making a game based on the concept of fandoms, and how one should be better than the other etc etc.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I would really, really like to see an ace Attorney mafia. Not sure how it would be done, but it would have things like testimonies, evidence, etc. The stuff me and deceptio did in S3 mafia inspired it ^^

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    ..Pokemon..
    ..Elder Scrolls..
    ..Harry Potter..

I think Juno listed some very good ideas. Others I would like to see could be some anime/manga themed, like Attack on Titan/SnK (Scout Regiment vs. Titan Shifters?) or Sword Art Online (any of the Clearing Guilds vs. Player Killers?)

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really don't care about the theme, to be completely honest. Just keep it vanilla with mafia, and I'll still join.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Personally I'd really like a Pokemon one :P Been ages since I've played a Pokemon-themed mafia, and there's a lot of scope for creativity (Gym Leaders, Evil Teams, Legendaries...). But I think I'm sort of similar to MI in that although themes are cool in making things different, I love mafia overall so even without a cool theme I'd still want to take part where possible. :P

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Although not a theme, has anyone heard of/played a variant called Assassin in the Palace/Rebels in the Palace?
    That would be something interesting to try too

Etherion

Just read the second series of the 39 clues! So I'd to see a 39 clues mafia!
    Maybe Cahill vs. Vesper or 4Branches vs. Vespers vs. Madrigals

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Never heard of that - what is it?

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Assassin_in_the_Palace
    1 King, 1 Assassin, and rest of players are Guards. All the Guards know who the King is, but not who the other Guards are. King only knows they're King. Assassin has a 1 time attempt to kill the King. No night phases, just day phases where someone is voted to be executed. If the Assassin is voted, they get a last chance assassination attempt, and win if they get the King. King+Guards win if Assassin is executed before King is killed.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Rebels_in_the_Palace
    1 King (doesn't know anyone, wins if King + Guards >= Rebels)
    X Guards (know who King is but not who the other Guards are, win if King + Guards >= Rebels)
    2(X+1) Rebels (win if King is lynched)
    Similar gameplay, no night phases, but no assassination attempt, it's just the Rebels want to Lynch the King, King+Guards want to outnumber Rebels

Back