• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - May 2014

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon: Discovery

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Broken Timeline

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • Pokémon Platinum: Red and Blue

Votes: 71 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hack of the Month Voting - May 2014

Hack of the Month Voting - May 2014

We pick, you choose. Participate in polls every month to decide the best hack of that month!

Introduction

Seeing as there are plenty of great hacks around the forums, we've decided to re-introduce the Hack of the Month contest. ROM Hacking moderators will pick three hacks each month, and you members will have until the next month to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. Only hacks in the Progressing Hacks forum are eligible for nomination. You may suggest hacks you'd like to see in the following month's contest in this thread.

Eligible Hackshttps://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307817https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307817

Pokémon: Discovery by Le pug
    Voting - May 2014
    Voting - May 2014
    Voting - May 2014

Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Broken Timeline by destinedjagold
    Voting - May 2014
    Voting - May 2014
    Voting - May 2014

Pokémon Platinum: Red and Blue by gogojjtech
    Voting - May 2014
    Voting - May 2014
    Voting - May 2014

Rules

You may only vote once per month.
    Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
    Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
    Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
    Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • The hack of the month is based only on visuals/features/interest?

Because I don't understand how people can vote for the hacks you've chosen this month when none of them have any sort of playable alphas or betas available yet. All three of them look great, but people can't judge or pick a favorite when they have no hands-on experience with them.

Edit: I agree with the two above. If this hack of the month thing does continue, Normal Version should be on next month's picks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The hack of the month is based only on visuals/features/interest?

Because I don't understand how people can vote for the hacks you've chosen this month when none of them have any sort of playable alphas or betas available yet. All three of them look great, but we can't judge or pick a favorite when we have no hands-on experience with them.

Edit: I agree with the two above. If this hack of the month thing does continue, Normal Version should be on next month's picks.

The main aim of Hack of the Month is to drive more attention to hacks in the Progressing Hacks section, most of which don't have any releases. We hope this will encourage people to work more on their hacks and actually get them released.

Hacks with releases aren't as common, and we'd eventually run out of hacks for this if we were to only have hacks with playable releases available for voting in this contest. Hack of the Year is much more fitting for finished hacks or hacks with a lot of progress anyway.

Years
  • I voted for Pokemon: Discovery. It just makes me want to play more! I love the different idea of using ships and a sailor life storyline. I can't wait to play this one the most!

Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Broken Timeline: This one is interesting as well. Aside from the custom graphics, it seems like quite the ride. Nice job!

Pokémon Platinum: Red and Blue: My least favorite of the three. I'm not a huge fan of the DPPl graphics. Aside from that, its seems pretty good with the Sinnoh Pokemon! Good job as well!

I'm excited to see these hacks continue. Good luck, everyone!

Years
  • Platinum Red and Blue, because it has a lot of features, that other hacks don't have. Such as custom evolution methods, custom Pokéballs, Formes and all.

adipasa

Amateur Hacker
    Years
  • I Vote Pokemon Platinum Red & Blue, because it has a great feature and it look's like a real demake

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Interesting. So if you win, are you eligible for next months contest (and so on)? On that note, are the losers eligible for next months contest?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    When it comes to graphical appeal, I obviously will NOT stand a chance. :P

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Interesting. So if you win, are you eligible for next months contest (and so on)? On that note, are the losers eligible for next months contest?
    If you win you're not eligible again but you do gain an advantage in one of the Hack of the Year rounds. If you lose you are still eligible for future contests but we'll try not to put a hack up twice in a row.

Last edited:

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
    Years
  • Would be nice if there is Normal Version. Though it has a beta released already, the hack is worth noting and needed boosted support. Maybe next month I hope significant entries will be picked to be voted for.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • I think everyone should remember here that even if you don't win HOTM it's not the end of the world. In all honesty, it's going to push you to strive harder. Also, to whoever makes all these hacks, me working for Discovery, I can see if this type of stuff will get you stressed but quite frankly, I don't care. All that matters is if you have a passion to hack and enjoy rom hacking. That is all.
    Good luck to Destinedjagold and Gogojjtech, it's been an honor competing along side both of you for the HOTM of May. :)

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • All this friendly competition is quite enjoyable :D
    Discovery has a great story and a great team
    Ruby Destiny also has a great story, and it also has a huge following from the other 3 (which were incredibly written)

Although we're all in small stages right now, I can see these 4 hacks going very far. Much like how Light Platinum and Flora Sky, along with Normal Version had gone incredibly huge from small beginnings. Best of luck to you guys :D

Tyranitar Killer

Tyranibeast
    Years
  • This is hard noting 2 of these will easily HOTY but none have been released yet, while i love these hacks why are all the voting options non released

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back