• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Amity Square

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    435px-Amity_Square_Pt.png
    Amity Square is a peaceful park in Hearthome City where Trainers can walk around with their Pokémon and talk to them to check their moods. Only certain small Pokémon can be taken for walks in Amity Square, usually of a "cute" appearance. Pokémon will fetch Accessories or Berries for their owners every 200 steps.

Did you enjoy this feature? What did you like the most about it? What aspects did you dislike the most? Did it annoy you that only a specific collection of Pokemon were allowed to be taken into the park?

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    I think I only ever went in that place to grab whatever items were strewn about. Probably doesn't help that I wasn't into contests that much in D/P/Pt.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I do believe I only entered to retrieve the items that were scattered throughout. I think the limitation on which Pokémon can enter turned me off on the idea. I did think it was neat that they could pick up accessories. I do think more could have been done with it though. Perhaps it was something they decided to play around with.

Years
  • The limits of which Pokémon you could take into the park put me off, really. I went in a couple times, but there wasn't much to do there besides just walk around and collect contest items.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • The idea was pretty cute, but what Pokemon they consider "cute" is pretty limited. Even obviously cute Pokemon couldn't get in. It's not like I was trying to bring in a Muk or something :P

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I didn't really enjoy exploring it because the map design isn't very interesting imo, but walking with Pokémon was fun and a nice preview of things to come in HGSS. I also didn't know until recently that it allowed Starter Pokémon in Platinum, that was certainly nice to find out when I played that recently ^__^

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I thought this was a neat little addition, even if it is kinda limited. Those portals are quite confusing to figure out, but you can pick up some pretty decent items from there iirc. If we do get Sinnoh remakes then it will be interesting to see the updated models of Pokémon following you and to see if any newer Pokémon can enter!

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I do think this was a neat idea they had, but it completely missed the mark when put into action. More of a missed opportunity if anything.

Back