• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen What are your thoughts on the Rotom Dex?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • rotom_pokdex_sm_by_pokemonsketchartist-dbjnnsg.png

The Rotom Dex. Perhaps the first time that Pokemon has gone in the direction of introducing a "fairy companion" to the series not unlike Navi and Midna, as well as acting as a Pokedex, it also guides you along your adventure, and as of USUM has been expanded on, as it can also provide useful tips and Roto Powers if prompted. However, it's also been a point of criticism for the games in general, with some calling it "annoying" and it blocking out the lower screen - as well as some extremes demanding a button to mute the thing.

What are your thoughts on the Rotom Dex? Do you think it's really useful, or do you find it annoying?

Years
  • I honestly think the Rotom-Dex is a cute idea, but I wish in USUM they would've kept it... less chatty, kind of how it was in SM. Or at least, don't make it more unnecessarily chatty when you try to interact with it just for Rotom-Powers. I can understand the criticism that it can become rather irksome to utilize the bottom screen when Rotom speaks, especially as frequently as it does. @_@

Years
  • I really dislike it. It made me feel like the tutorial portion of the game never really ended as it was constantly telling me exactly what I should do! Definitely would have liked a mute/off feature.

Years
  • I like it, but agree that I'm not sure why they made those conversations he has with you so difficult to skip through. It's inconvenient when you want to make use of the town map. Not insanely bothered by it personally though, and ever since watching the SuMo anime and seeing RotomDex in there (he's really cute) I've become a lot more accepting lol. I like to hear him talk in the same voice!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I wanted a National PokéDex.

Instead I got an incredibly annoying ghost Navi. Roto Powers are cool, though.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • I think the rotom dex is one of the very few things they improved in USM. It was actually the first time I was disappointed with a main series Pokémon title.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I like it, but agree that I'm not sure why they made those conversations he has with you so difficult to skip through. It's inconvenient when you want to make use of the town map. Not insanely bothered by it personally though, and ever since watching the SuMo anime and seeing RotomDex in there (he's really cute) I've become a lot more accepting lol. I like to hear him talk in the same voice!

I actually agree that I've become more tolerant of Rotom Dex after watching the anime haha. I really wish I could use the map without having to wait for it to finish talking though, since I really don't mind him chatting with me every so often.

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
    Years
  • I quite liked it at first but is does grow a bit annoying/tiresome after awhile. A decent feature, (and yes the anime DOES make it more tolerable) but it still doesn't hold a candle to ORAS' Dexnav.

Last edited:
    Back