• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Pokemon: The Revelations has one or two spots left if anyone is interested. It's essentially a Pokemon RP set in ancient times, so check it out if you like Pokemon RPs with a fantasy twist.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Always room for new people! Just beware though, this corner of the PC where we all RP is such a constant ball of love I might be worried we were all robots if love wasn't the least robotty thing (unless you count a certain kind of love and some very pathetic basement nerds). We always love to assimilate bring in more people!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Aside from Greiger re-making one of his old RPs, are anyone else here in the middle of planning on having a go at their own RP? :3 Also, welcome to all you new folks!

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    I was thinking about making a sandbox digimon roleplay, but I'm not 100% sure if i want to do it.

Basically the roleplay would take place in a digital world similar to the one in Xros where it's cut up into different sections that have a code crowns (I might name them something different). If you have a code crown you have absolute control over the area. You're free to set laws for digimon that have that land set as their home in their coding or whatever else you want with it. I'd have to develop the idea further, but that's the gist of it.

Usually a powerful digimon will be the one in charge of crowns and if you manage to defeat them you can take the crown from them. There are a number of fractions that have their own crowns with their own allies and enemies (think demon lord, royal knights, etc.) So there tends to be a lot of war and fighting and such.

Recently a large number of humans have entered the digital world (Why? I haven't decided. It's there so people are free to join in whenever with a character that has always been in the digital world, just as a means of keeping the roleplay alive).

Humans have a lot of power in this world because 1. They can't die (You can trap them and such to defeat them though), 2. They have digivices. Digivices are only compatible with humans and have the power to temporary evolve digimon, among other things I would need to device on. Normally digimon have to progressively go through the various stages manually and can only devolve via death or having their data drained through some means.

Humans are highly valued in this world and are the main source of power shifts regarding lands, so digimon are quick to make partnerships and try to have them join their factions. Some of the more powerful factions will likely have a number of humans under them already.

The main downside to the digivice and jumping evolution is that you have to have a deep relationship with the digimon in order to make them jump to higher states. So you can't just find a random digimon and have them be able to jump to mega. Though, if you do befriend a digimon that wasn't necessarily your partner as a rookie, if your bond is deep enough digivolution can happen, though it can't devolve past it's natural form. So humans aren't necessarily powerful until they create a strong bond with a digimon, so they can still be defeated by more powerful natural digimon. It should be noted that digimon that digivolve with a digivice will not have to follow a standard evolution line and it could vary throughout the roleplay.

The goal of the roleplay would be to let players have a lot of freedom to do whatever they want with their characters really. Players are free to be a tamer or just a solo digimon with their own goals, join or create any fraction, make up your own evolutionary branches as the roleplay goes (I would have the sign up only include your rookie digimon, when it comes time for evolution, you're free to do whatever. You can even change your champion evolution to something else if it felt appropriate), make your own lands to challenge, etc.

I'd let the roleplay start off as the grind to reaching mega level as your influence is pretty limited otherwise. During this phase I hope people would be able to develop their characters, motivations, and goals, so when it comes to a point where they could be a serious power, there could be reasons for others to challenge that or for them to defend it. I doubt the roleplay would live that long, but it would be fun if it came to that point.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • An extremely late welcome to everyone who has recently joined!

@Sir Bastian: Ohohoh, I do have one that may soon be ready for RPC consumption.

It's practically Homestuck for people who've never read or understood Homestuck. It's a prequel to the canon, and takes place in a slowly crumbling world and a game that eventually turns out to be much, much more than it lets on. I'll give you a tidbit from the opening post.

Spoiler:

Okay fine, that was more than a tidbit. Whatever. The OP is already done, if you're interested. I'm just planning IC events in advance.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • As several of you already know, my activity has been quite low as of late. The reason for this is that I'll be moving soon to an old new house and have been working on painting it and fixing stuff up among other things. On top of that is an upcoming academic competition that I've been needing to study a lot for. So pretty much I'm sorry but I won't be able to get back to my best until all of that is over in a few weeks. I'll try my best to get whatever I can up, though.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    For those of you interested in a... certain rp, then know that the Shattered Era is coming back. Keep a look out for it and I know you have been wanting in Red's, so keep a eye out. XD

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Said Shattered Era will be GM'ed by both Greiger and yours truly! /o/ Hope to see a good amount of people signing up, wanting to either save the world with rules and laws, or have complete and utter chaos and anarchy, like those filthy Mechanists :3

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Sounds cool, I'ma have to give it a look see, especially with mah old buddy Bastian involved :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    For those of you interested in a... certain rp, then know that the Shattered Era is coming back. Keep a look out for it and I know you have been wanting in Red's, so keep a eye out. XD
    Said Shattered Era will be GM'ed by both Greiger and yours truly! /o/ Hope to see a good amount of people signing up, wanting to either save the world with rules and laws, or have complete and utter chaos and anarchy, like those filthy Mechanists :3
    YOU CAN COUNT ON ME. Maybe I'll try being a mechanist this time around. Filthy? xD

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Heh, they aren't filthy! The knights are only mad that they can't have any of their dirt. :P

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • That's a very good question! It's one of the factions of Greiger's and my new (Or rather, revived) RP! You can read about the Mechanists and the Knights here; http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=317781 since our thread has -just- been accepted!

And of course, everybody's welcome to come have a look ^^ I personally can't wait to get started, so I hope I see a couple of you in there! Feel free to ask us any questions, too :3

/End self-promoting rant

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Uh... well... a large turnout. O.o We have one spot left to be reserved for the rp, so if you want that spot you better be quick to fill it!

Edit 1: Eh... every spot is filled.... in seven hours.... yeah. Well if anyone is still interested in joining you can always lay a hex on someone so their SU utterly fails and a spot is opened up. :P

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Awesome! So much interest for Shattered Era! Thanks a ton guys! :D

However, as we had our 8 spots filled in 7 hours, which is amazing if you ask me, Greiger and I are considering opening up two additional spots, but I want to see if there is enough interest in it for more people to want to join.

So, what sayeth ye, guys? If there were more spots, would you consider writing up an SU?

EDIT: Whelp, didn't take long for people to be interested XD Sorry guys, but the spots have already been opened -and- filled, within ten minutes of me posting this. Again, thank you so much for the support!

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Due to VERY high demand, we have opened two more spots... unfortunately they were immediately filled for two more players. As stated before keep a look out for any players that may have their SUs denied.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • *Puts on mask to hide true identity*

Well, I wanted to wait as long as I could before finally breaking down, but it's that time again. Shameless advertising!

Vale Institute of Magic has five, yes that's right, five spots open ranging from all basic elements except air. If you like the idea of a more modern and scientific take on magic all in a school setting then head on over to the OOC. The first IC day is coming to a close soon, so it's a good time to jump in. You can find the OOC here, and if you'd rather read some of the IC to judge the quality you can find that here.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Come on guys, check out SOULBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOND

SOULBOND

Spoiler:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • *switches on shameless advertising mode*\

Anyway, guys join Hoenn Diaries. The Gm's are nice and I offer cookies. not really

Edit: Anyway would anybody be interested if I revived Unova: Dark Days which is my old RP. Here's the link if you want.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back