• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Running Shoes inside buildings

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
sorry but i'm so bad in scripting that i don't understand -_-'

well in fact the first part i understand but not the second with the offsets...........

edit:
in fact i have another question, is it possible to change it also with the bicycle to be able to drive with the bike in the houses? that would also be great^^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
sorry but i'm so bad in scripting that i don't understand -_-'

well in fact the first part i understand but not the second with the offsets...........

edit:
in fact i have another question, is it possible to change it also with the bicycle to be able to drive with the bike in the houses? that would also be great^^
You open a hex editor, go to the specified offset and change the 08 found there with 00.

Biking anywhere is theoretically possible, but not with this.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
ah ok^^
i haven't got hex editor i'm making scripts with something alse, probably worse :S

so i'll download hex editor maybe i'll understand^^

thanx :D

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
i just now read a scripting tutorial, now i understand your tutorial also^^

in fact i just didn't know this scripting language....... but hex editor is much better than my old programm^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
i couldnt find offset BD494...all i could find was BD490 and so i changed that and it works fine but is it dangerous to change that?

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
THIS....IS....AMAZING!
great minds :D what will they think of next :P
hooray for hackmew!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I thought you can already do this through Advance Map? Im not home so I cant check which drop-down you have to change. But other than that, at least this teaches us to use a hex editor and some, what a hex editor is...

hitsu.

♪`ichirin no hana`♫
Years
I still don't get what you have to do =(
Open your ROM in a Hex Editor. Go to the offset Andrea listed (make sure it's for the ROM you're using). Press 0 twice, save it. The end.

KotovSyndrome_

Consumer of many asparagus.
Years

Open your ROM in a Hex Editor. Go to the offset Andrea listed (make sure it's for the ROM you're using). Press 0 twice, save it. The end.

I did this in Hex Workshop.. Nothing happened. :/

What Editor are you using?

EDIT: I switched to HxD and it's working :D

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I think he wants to extend the routine to add in extra stuff for keypresses.

For people interested in having the Running Shoes hack on Ruby, you're in for some good news ^^ I've come up with my own hack for Ruby since I don't think the same way works, AFAIK. Anyways, let's get down to business.. My hack revolves around Map Type byte. There are a lot of routines reading that and one of them checks if the Map type is indoors, if it is then you 'Can't Run' otherwise you can.

Code:
080e5dfc  4802 ldr r0, [$080e5e08] (=$0202e828) @ Map Type Flag is stored here
080e5dfe  7dc0 ldrb r0, [r0, #0x17]
080e5e00  2808 cmp r0, #0x8 @ Indoor Map Type
080e5e02  d103 bne $080e5e0c
080e5e04  2001 mov r0, #0x1
080e5e06  e002 b $080e5e0e
What we are gonna do is change that 08 to 00, since no Map uses 00 anyway as far as it matters just change it to any other value that doesn't involve Maps that you can run on. So, to apply this hack simply put 00 at 0xE5E00.

Enjoy!

:O i did the same thing, only i used 0x6 because maybe some buildings were OK to run in. So every map type you can run in, excluding the type '0x6' :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
Hex editor... where can I find one. Or is there one in XSE? Thanks in advance =)

Kininja

Where is Wally?
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2011
I'm using Hexacute? its a hex editor i've foundwhen i find BD494 it's just FFs all across what do i do :(

Back