• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Favourite B&W Pokémon .

Years
  • 1: Hydregion

2: Zoroark

3: Chandelure

4: Haxorus

5: Eelektross

6: Gothitelle

7: Serperior

8: Accelgor

9: Mienshao

10: Druddigon

11: Golett

12: Pawniard

13: Volcarona

14: Unfezant

15: Gigalith

16: Excadrill

17: Whirlipede

18: Sigilyph

19: Archeops

20: Cofagrigus

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Emolga, it may not be the Pachirusu evolution I had hoped for but it's the closest thing we got. Plus I love sugar gliders and flying squirrels both.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • do y'all not know me

548.png

Raichael

The Weeaboo Wazzock
    Years
  • I like quite a few B&W Pokemon. But I think my favourites have to be:
    * Snivy/Servine/Serperior (I picked a Snivy)
    * Oshawott (even though I'm not too keen on Samurott's design, Oshawott is such a cutie!)
    * Munna/Musharna
    * Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure
    * Meloetta

Shitik

Generic Bio
    Years
  • Not in any order:

- Zebstrika
    - Hydregion
    - Haxorus
    - Chandelure
    - Zoroark

Probably many more that I've forgot. I'm sure of it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Time to rank the Gen 5 Pokemon.

S Rank (Absolute favourite):
    Spoiler:

A Rank (Love):
    Spoiler:

B Rank (Really like):
    Spoiler:

C Rank (Like):
    Spoiler:

D Rank (Meh):
    Spoiler:

E Rank (Dislike):
    Spoiler:

F Rank (Hate):
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Time to rank the Gen 5 Pokemon.

S Rank (Absolute favourite):
    Spoiler:

A Rank (Love):
    Spoiler:

B Rank (Really like):
    Spoiler:

C Rank (Like):
    Spoiler:

D Rank (Meh):
    Spoiler:

E Rank (Dislike):
    Spoiler:

F Rank (Hate):
    Spoiler:

Ok so since it is all about favourites... let's talk about Volcarona. Why is that your absolute favourite, what brings it over the line compared to say... Litwick?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok so since it is all about favourites... let's talk about Volcarona. Why is that your absolute favourite, what brings it over the line compared to say... Litwick?
    When I first saw Volcarona, I really liked its design. I was also intrigued by its typing of Fire/Bug, and its move Quiver Dance. As soon as I could, I headed to the Relic Castle to catch it. And I didn't regret catching it. Whenever I went to battle the Elite Four again, Volcarona was the one who put up the most work.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Here are some of my favourites! Like... Reuniclus!
    579.gif
    When the games came out, this Pokemon immediately stood out for me as one of the main reasons why I chose to play White instead of Black first! But yeah, it's a little on the slow side, but amazingly strong, and really durable! It's Magic Guard ability is sooo good so that it can negate any residual damage like from burns and poison, making it the perfect pivot for them!

Lilligant is another one of my favourites!
    549.gif
    An awesome flower who has pretty impressive artwork! Like a floral woman, ohoho. I also like it's attacks like Giga Drain, Quiver Dance, and Sleep Powder which makes it a pretty potent sweeper if maybe you attach it with Hidden Power Ground or Hidden Power Fire! I use it on my White runs when I can too. Team wouldn't feel the same without her. :')

Another favourite is good ol' Mienshao, a great Fighting type!
    620.gif
    I really love the artwork; like an advanced monk! It's also really fast, speed wise, and it has really strong moves like Hi-Jump Kick, or Drain Punch for recovery in-game. Regenerator for it is also amazing. Competitive wise, it makes for a great scouter, or a member of Volt-Turn cores, utilizing U-Turn! Another pokemon who I regularly use for my Pokemon White runs!

Ohh another strong favourite of mine is Volcarona.
    637.gif
    It's really powerful once it gets a Quiver Dance going, using moves like Fire Blast, Bug Buzz, Fiery Dance, even Giga Drain from it's buff! A really strong special sweeper indeed! Love the artwork because it looks majestic-looking even as a sort of moth pokemon, colorful, and easy on the eyes too. I don't really get the chance to use one before post-game in the 5th gen games, however, because Larvesta takes too long to evolve, rugh. But when I get to, it destroys everythiiiing.

Haxorus is also really big and cool!
    612.gif
    Like, I use one all the time while playing the original BW games, because it's really strong and especially outstanding with Dragon Dance and it's Mold Breaker ability! Like, I used this instead of going for Zekrom/Reshiram against N, and it managed to take the legendary pokemon down with just a slither of it's health left!

Another fav is Meloetta!
    648.gif
    648-pirouette.gif
    Cool, cool and cute Meloetta. Relic Song is a cool move; can make the foe fall asleep, and it changes form! It's really a surprise when it does; it gets a boost of speed compared to the original, and Close Combat hits haaard. I don't really get much chances to use it but it still is adorable!

Last one is Audino!
    531.gif
    Super Audino. Super Audino is really helpful! Runnin' at the speed of sound, GOT ITSELF A SITUATION, IT'S IN A NEW LOCATION! But really, it's a blessing this thing exists cause it gives truckloads of EXP, but I also love how happy and sweet it looks; it's like.. the caretaker of pokemon, alongside Chansey and Blissey! Hadn't used it much in battle before, but I do admire it's talents. :]

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
  • Scraggy. Easiest decision. The Best. He is my second favorite Pokemon of all time, and when they had first been spoiled, I used to hate his design. I thought he looked stupid, the design was awful, was my least favorite from the gen. I ran across him in the desert, ready to knock him out, and then he did it. He did the thing. He pulled his pants up to his waste, stuck out his hands and I knew he was saying, "Ta-dah!" Been one of the best ever since.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • Zorua/Zoroark - Zorua is really cute, yet mischievous. Zoroark was for me the Lucario of Gen V, and I used it when I played the game (which is very little, stopped after E4), and was really useful.
    Emolga - One of my favorite Pikachu-clones. Just really adorable and I don't get the hate (but know the arguments.)
    Braviary - Love the concept and design.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Volcorona! I love it's design, it's movepool, it's stat distribution, it's lore. It's amazing! I'd definitely have one in real life if it existed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2017
    Emolga - The first of Pika-clones I liked, probably because it has Flying-type, so it has a nice gimmick to its name.
    Trubbish/Garbodor - OMG, THE GARBAGE POKÉMON, HOW CAN YOU- I don't know, it just grew on me, sort of...
    Mienfoo/Mienshao - Though it's sort of bothersome having to wait up to Lv 50 for it to evolve, good grief, they're stylish.
    Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon - HAIL HYDRA- Nah, just kidding, but I do have a thing for pseudos.

Back