• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Favourite B&W Pokémon .

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
  • Sawsbuck is my favorite. A very beautiful deer Pokemon that changes with the seasons and has such beautiful forms.

Samurott is my favorite final starter of any generation. I really like Zebstrika and Elgyem and Beeheeyum as well. Litwick is adorable, but I don't really care for its evolutions.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Druddigon gets a lot of hate for it's color scheme and looking like a child's drawing, but I loved the thing since laying eyes upon it. I find it charming for some reason, and I like how it's "wings" aren't really wings but more of solar panels.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My favourite Gen 5 Pokemon is Lilligant. I really like the design of the Flowering Pokemon and how it is a very effective Pokemon in game with a very effective Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance and Petal Dance combination.

Whilst it may be seen as Gen 5s version of Bellossom by some, Lilligant has a much more attractive design and logically there are no male Lilligant. Lilligant also has an understated yet pleasing Shiny Form with a suitably feminine pink flower.

Other Pokemon I really like from Gen 5 are Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Sawsbuck Whimsicott, Haxorus and Female Jellicent.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    I don't have a favorite. It's the one generation where I like all the Pokemon. But I may be biased because Black was my first Pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    hydreigon was my favorite, then Druddigon. Emboar and crookadile were pretty cool too.

I don't have a favorite. It's the one generation where I like all the Pokemon. But I may be biased because Black was my first Pokemon game.

its my favorite generation and i started with a square red cartridge in grade 4.

I'm new to Gen 5 (I know, I'm behind) and I didn't realize there's controversy over Vanilluxe. It doesn't surprise me cause it's a friggin' Pokemon designed after an ice cream cone, but fuc it, I love it. I made room for one on my team in Pokemon White as soon as I found one (well, as soon as I found Vanillite)

i picked that pokemon up pretty fast on my first playthrough. It wasn't until years later that i realized one of my favorite pokemon was one of the dumbest ideas that made no sense. I mean an icecream pokemon? Its no wonder i also loved chandelure. I mean... wtf is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My favourite Gen 5 Pokemon is Lilligant. I really like the design of the Flowering Pokemon and how it is a very effective Pokemon in game with a very effective Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance and Petal Dance combination.

Whilst it may be seen as Gen 5s version of Bellossom by some, Lilligant has a much more attractive design and logically there are no male Lilligant. Lilligant also has an understated yet pleasing Shiny Form with a suitably feminine pink flower.

Other Pokemon I really like from Gen 5 are Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Sawsbuck Whimsicott, Haxorus and Female Jellicent.
    I actually really liked Lilligant at the start but I dunno I feel as if it lacked in enough power to really have an edge over other Pokémon. It's way cooler than Whimisicott battle wise buuuut it just sort of got lost in amongst Unova's other grass types (Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, Simisage all stand out). That and having Volcarona in the same gen makes Lilligant not really able to stand out. Imo anyway!

Still a cool Pokémon but the above is why more people probs don't like it as much.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I actually really liked Lilligant at the start but I dunno I feel as if it lacked in enough power to really have an edge over other Pokémon. It's way cooler than Whimisicott battle wise buuuut it just sort of got lost in amongst Unova's other grass types (Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, Simisage all stand out). That and having Volcarona in the same gen makes Lilligant not really able to stand out. Imo anyway!

Still a cool Pokémon but the above is why more people probs don't like it as much.

Lilligant is an excellent Pokemon in terms of design but it is admittedly hurt by a lack of coverage moves outside of Hidden Power and Dream Eater. She is still great fun to use however and is very useful both in game and in the PWT. Also the Flowering Pokemon is my favourite Pokemon in the Franchise. :)

Whimsicott might be the cutest Pokemon ever and priority status is always nice.

Amoonguss is the only Gen 5 Grass Type I have never used and with its uninspiring design it's likely to stay that way. It may be good competitively but I have never planned my teams on tiers or competitive viability. I have used Ferrothorn but it wasn't much fun to use. Being a largely defensive Pokémon it doesn't really fit with my playstyle. Exploding on things to take them out was fun though.

I like Simisage and it gets a nice amount of coverage moves through TMs to beat things in game. (Very useful for a Monotype run) but as I reached the Elite Four it lacked power leaving the end game to Lilligant and the underrated Sawsbuck. A shame as for me it was the most well designed of the Elemental Monkeys.

Overall though Gen 5 was an excellent Gen for Grass Types.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Pignite is probably my fave Gen 5 Pokemom

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I haven't fully seen or experienced every pokemon in Unova but I'd say mine as of now is my Serperior just 'cause it looks well superior. {XD}

I hated this pokemon for the longest time. Now i think it looks cool ><, and will use it as much as possible.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    This was by far my favorite generation for some reason. IDK. Its kind of hard for me to pick favorites.
    I'd say its between Hydreigon or Druddigon.

Hydreigon just looks bad@$$ and its just way too OP. Druddigon looks kind of lame i'll admit, but it has such a diverse moveset and it can do 1/4hp dammage to anything that hits it when it has a rocky helmet on. Focus on maxing its defence stats and that thing is a mean machine. I wish Druddigon could learn drain punch or something. It would be...well...*drools*...

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    Black & White is one of the few, rare generations where I love all 3 starter Pokemon. The Unova region has really awesome Pokemon overall so it's really difficult to choose just 1, but I would say Victini is my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon because it combines two of my favorite types: Fire & Psychic. I also love that it has blue eyes & amazing base stats ^-^

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Top fav is Zekrom.

Speaking of the Starters, Oshawott's the best & Tepig's cool too, though its evos are just about okay. But for some reason, I never really liked Snivy or its evos.

Pika Pika :chu:

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Okay , so I am gonna go with Victini , Joltik and Zekrom . (PS Garbodor sorry XOXO :p )

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    :chu: Oshawott. It is very quick and has a very high attack stat. The only thing is it's defense is very low. Also its so cute!

Years
  • Gosh. My favorite Unova Pokémon have to be Hydreigon and Volcorona. Golurk is pretty good as well as Krookodile and Bisharp. There were so many good Pokémon introduced it's hard to choose just one!

Back