• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] [IC] Darker than it Seems: A Brighter Future

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years

• Route 2; Dusk
    Before Alex walked across the long bridge that went over the dark river, he healed up his Dratini in case it turned into a pokemon battle. He was a little worried about Emery as the the sun went down below the horizon. He was pretty sure that there would be more out there, looking for them. He was sure she could handle 1 or 2, maybe even 3 people. But no one could handle more than that, especially with an Eevee at a low level.

"What the hell was she thinking trying to leave, at night, by herself? Especially after what had happened." He said, trying to spot Emery. It was dark, so it would be difficult.

He didn't risk calling out her name, it may cause her to run or attack. It may also draw unwanted attention. Not only that, but it felt like something was watching him and possibly her when he had gotten to the far side of the bridge.

For most, it's foolish to run out in the dead of night; however, Versai has never felt the slightest ounce of trouble traveling in the dark. In fact, she prefers it, which she can now chalk up to her dark typing. She could see clearly, she could hear sounds that she was oblivious to in the day, and she felt somehow more awake and aware as the sun set.

That being said…neither Emery nor Alex had her typing. Emery stormed off in a frantic huff, angry at Ryan and frightened of encountering the police…there's no way she's thinking clearly. Alex is trailing her, angry that she took off on them, and likely on edge due to the darkness that surrounded them. She had to find the both of them, and fast…before the darkness of the night envelopes them both. There could still be grunts, there could be wild Pokémon, hell, there could be random thugs and thieves that simply don't want to be seen by children.

Fennekin, perched on Versai's shoulder, nudged her trainer with her nose. Her ears were perked upward, detecting footsteps not far off. Versai nods and quickly, though quietly, jogs towards those footsteps. "Emery?" She whispers. "Alex?"

Alex thought he heard foot steps behind him. He thought he heard a voice. Further away he thought it heard multiple voices. Quickly he started to panic. He wanted to find her quickly before she was caught. It was then he remembered that she was a fire type and had flash fire as her ability. As an ice type, he might be able to feel her out. He stopped near a bush that was off to the side and started to feel for Emery's heat. The reason she had given him the weary feeling was because she was giving off heat because of her fire type.

He closed his eyes to enable his other senses to become stronger for a few moments. After about five minutes of trying to sense out her heat, he picked up the heat signal and quickly ran in that direction. The heat signal was getting stronger with every step, finally he found her. He tackled her to the ground, pinned her arms with his hands and firmly place his body on her's pinning her so she couldn't move. The voices got closer. Afraid that she was going to yell, he kissed her so she couldn't talk. If he had used a hand to cover her mouth, she would have a free arm.

At that moment, at least five grunts ran by, "Do you think they went this way!?" One called.
    "Possibly! We can't go back to the lab, but we know a few of them headed north. We might be able to catch them in the forest!" Another yelled.

As they were out of ear shot. He stopped the kiss, but kept her pinned.

"What the hell were you thinking!?" Alex yelled. "And be quiet! We can't get in another battle like the one at the lab!" He spit off to the side.

Just as Myra got inside of the Lab, people were already running out. The peices she got were that Emery ran away and people were going to get her. Myra dropped the pecha berries on Brians chest and ran out of the lab grabbing Garett's hand. There was no way she was going in the dark and alone. Myra continued to run following the warmth in the air. She wasn't sure why it was warm but it was.

Garett stood by the door and watched as people ran out. "What's going on?" Garett asked before Myra ran by and grabbed his hand. Meric fell off Garett's shoulder and flew after the two as they ran out of the lab. "Is there another fight or something?" Garett asked, but got no answer.

Myra stopped for a minute. She felt some kind of connection close to her. She looked around her until she saw what looked like Alex kissing Emery. At least that was what she thought. She dragged Garett further into the trees and saw it really was Alex and Emery.

"Oh. My. God." she said letting her jaw drop open. I mean, they just met and they're already kissing? Myra looked at Garett and blushed looking back at Emery who was pinned to the ground. She wanted to see how she handled being kissed. Not like it's ever happened before.

Garett followed Myra's eyes and saw Alex and Emery kissing. "Um, this is what you dragged me out here for?"

"No! We can leave." she said her face red as a Cherubi.

"Okay..." Garett shrugged and turned around then started making his way back.

"Do you think they went this way?!" Cried an unfamiliar voice, which immediately caused Versai to sidestep behind a large tree. She didn't dare peer away from the bark, lest they see her face, but she was able to see their shadows move along the ground as they ran by. Five. Five on three aren't terrible odds, if she can find Alex and Emery. Five on one…if they find them separately…

Versai grits her teeth as she jogs back onto the path. She has to work faster, has to find them—

And that's when she sees a struggling flock of red hair being held down by a male figure. Versai jerks into action, darting towards the two and jerking the man upward by his collar. Her knee jerks upward to smash into his groin, but stops in the knick of time. Alex…

"Are you out of your mind?" She whispers, though it's a harsh whisper.

"I was trying to help." Alex said, relieved that it was Versai and not one of the grunts who had dragged him off.

Garett stopped and turned back as he heard another person moving. He walked back to Myra and watched as Versai stopped just s kneeing Alex.Damn.

As if she weren't pissed off enough. To top off Alex tackling her, then kissing her, he then decided to belittle her. As if it were her fault that the loudmouth called the police and she left to avoid that catastrophe.

If Versai hadn't ripped him off of her - Emery would have done damage far beyond repair.

Getting to her feet, Emery grabs onto his shoulders, pushing him out of Versai's grasp and against a tree.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you where you stand."

As he was pinned to a tree by Emery, he used his body weight to his advantage, turning it against Emery and slamming her into the same tree she slammed him into.

"What do you think you can do alone! I did what I had to to save your ass and mine. If I hadn't slammed you to the ground and kissed you to make you shut up, we would have been caught, out numbered. Nothing to do, but give up or die. I wasn't aware that Versai or the others were following!" He hissed in a low voice.

He glared into her eyes, "I have studied about the hybrids for a long time. If they are after us, they will come in large numbers! If it hadn't been for Shadow, one of the Prime 5, Arryn would have died the night they met because she was too stubborn to understand the danger! She almost died and she was a hybrid! What chance do you have if more than three had attacked you? You don't have your powers and your Eevee is a new born!" He scolded.

He looked at the others for a moment and turned back to her, letting her go and stepping back, "They could have done all kinds of things to you and me, more so to you! Far worse than what I did! I didn't won't you to fall victim to something like that because of stubborness. I know you are afraid of the cops, I can tell by the way you ran from the lab. Everything possible by the police, pales in comparrison to what these men can do to a young 20 year old, stubborn, immature, little girl! Especially when there's more than one normal person can handle! We don't have our powers yet. We aren't hybrids and I highly doubt we will ever be as strong." He growled in a low tone so he couldn't be heard by the enemy that was running to the forest.

"You are coming back with us, and that is final." He demanded. It was in the moment that Alex knew he had messed up.

[I}Shit.... this is gonna hurt.[/I] He thought. He wasn't even sure why he had been so harsh to her. Was it really just because he wanted to keep himself safe, or did he truly want to keep them all safe now that they were all in the same boat?

With her arms free, she feigns looking elsewhere and aims a punch directly at his jaw. She follows it through, almost stumbling with the force she put behind it. This kid was out of his mind - all day he had been pushing her but this, this was just asking for trouble.

"You don't know me," she says in a low voice, daunting. "You have no clue what I've done to survive."

Three men was a challenge, but not more than she could handle. She knew how to fight, not just to punch and get her way - but fight. She had learned from the best and she had no problem showing this outspoken worm what she was capable of.

The fool knew nothing. Afraid of the cops, immature, thinking I might actually listen to him?

From his spot on the ground, she grabs his shirt to lift him towards her and slams her knee into his ribs.

"If you think I'm stepping foot near that Lab, then maybe you're more stupid than I gave you credit for."

Alex had been punched in the jaw, hard, making him fall to the ground. He tried to get up, but he was lifted and slammed in the ribs, where the burn had been. He collpses to the ground. He couldn't feel his side. He wanted to convience her, but how? Why did he even care.

"Emery, do you honestly think the cops are going to show up after what he said? There is probably cameras in the lab that we can checkm proving we had nothing to do with what happened. All I am trying to do, is do what is best for all of us." Alex tried to explain.

"But you won't listen. I know far more than anyone, but maybe Brian, about the hybrids. And what you are doing.... is a death sentence because you are too stubborn to listen to someone who actually cares," Alex said, falling to the ground. He struggled to stand, but he was able to with the help of the tree, He spit blood from his mouth and leaned up against said tree, trying to recover.

"No one can survive alone. I don't care what you have survived in the past. You are walking into something you know nothing of.... little girl." Alex finished, trying to taunt her into listening to him in the dumbest way possible.

Not a single thing Alex just did was right. His actions, his reactions, his words, his understanding. Does he truly think that knowing about previous hybrids was going to help them survive? That it made him better and more capable than the rest of them? Knowing fanboyish facts about the first hybrids was hardly something to be bragging about in this situation. If anything; thinking that such facts were in anyway helpful was going to get him killed that much faster.

Manhandling his teammates, running off without a word or a plan into the unknown, leaving the rest of them in the vulnerable state of simply following. Demanding that Emery go with him, like kissing her established him as her owner. Not even she, who holds so dearly to the idea of a peaceful resolve, can force herself to step in as Emery dishes back out everything she was just served.

She steps aside as Alex makes his final attack on Emery, and she can't help but question what part of him thinks that a single thing he just said will in any way encourage her to come back to them. He stumbles away, and Versai draws in a deep breath, her shoulders relaxing and her eyes softening from their previous intensity.

"No one will make you go back to the lab, Emery. No one has that power, or that right." There's something about this girl, likely the fierce coldness in her eyes that draws Versai (and apparently Alex) to her. A large, and currently, very vocal part of her wants to reach out to this one—in a calmer, less forceful and less…enslaving way.

Myra watched as the whole scene unfolded. It was absolutely wild. Myra loved every second of it. Alex was getting beat up left and right, then he did a dramatic exit, it was very powerful. Myra's jaw was still open, the whole time. She was a little offended though.

"Excuse me? I think I know more about Hyrbid's then you do." she chimed in and crossed her arms. She took a step closer to Emery and Versai. "I mean do you even know who Tulip's boyfriend was before she met Arryn? No. It was Volkner. See." she said with a know it all attitude.

"And for another thing. Emery isnt alone. She has us." she said simply.

Alex laughed as the three girls somewhat teamed up against him, "Yeah that is why she left the group isn't it? She doesn't care about anyone here, but herself. Just like me." Alex said as he walked toward the females, and then pass them, going toward the forest.

"If you don't want my help. Then there is no reason for me to stay with any of you. i'd rather die on my own, then watch people I failed to try to protect, die" Alex announced harshly.

"Oh please. You can't speak for her. And please just cut the shit. We are safer in a group. How about you pull up your big boy pants, suck in your ego, and realize if you throw this diva fit that you have a chance of getting hurt. Okay? Okay. Now if this is done, lets all go back to the lab. Forgive but not forget. That's the motto." she said tossing her signature golden locks.

Emery scoffs at Myra's attempt. She's had no one. For years. Not once did that spoilt brat ever approach her - and she was right not to. Myra wouldn't have lasted simply from her tongue-lashing.

The only reason why she's even still lingering around is Versai's words - talking like she understands, and will respect whatever decision Emery makes in the end. Interest peaked, Emery watches her, eyes searching hers for a kindred spirit.

She's smarter than the rest, deadly to those that meant harm - Emery's lips twitch when she remembers the deathly cold look as Versai held a grunt by the throat. It's almost enough to make her stay.

"Alex, let's make a deal," Emery challenges. He didn't seem like one to say 'no' to a competition. "Battle me. If you win, I'll go back to the Lab. If I win, I never see your face again."

Those eyes, those fiery eyes that somehow managed to entrance her, they look back to her for the first time—and Versai can't help but feel a small spark. A…flicker of something…understanding, perhaps? A willingness to give the shadow hybrid a chance if she sticks to her promise not to trap Emery. Fire cannot be contained, Alex's attempts to do so only made that fire more wild.

Eyes are the window to the soul, and Emery's seem to be searching Versai for something—perhaps that same spark she just felt. Understanding, acceptance. Versai smiles kindly when Emery's lips twitch in the tiniest of smiles. It's a wonderful sight, seeing her warming up, if only the slightest bit.

Versai's caring eyes only leaving the fire type when she offers to make a deal with Alex, which makes the dark type rather proud. She nods encouragingly to Emery before looking to Alex for his answer. If he says no…she'll stay with Emery while the others return to the lab. They can meet back here later, if that's what it takes.

Alex stopped as he heard Emery speak. In truth, he was willing to leave. He thought his actions were just for someone like Emery, but apparently he had been wrong. He didn't want to leave the group to face something like this alone. He had studied the hybrid conflict over the internet and newspapers when they had happened. He was 10 after all when everything was going on. He had envied them and he felt sorry for them. He wanted to see them treated like normal people, but they were always cast aside. He had watched news takes of battles that had happened.

"Why now? And how can we even trust each other's word? Neither of us are exactly the trust worthy types." He asked.

"But I accept your challenge." Alex said, turning around to face the others, even if he lost, he would watch Emery from afar to make sure she stayed safe. He was drawn to her like a moth to a flame. He might die in a fiery death, but at least he could try to get her to understand that she isn't alone and that more people out there were like her.

"Excuse me? I am very trustworthy. My parents raised me with morals. I dont know about others bu-"

"Not you blondey. I know you are trustworthy." He smiled, walking over to her, messing up her hair once again.

"Versai... Thank you for coming. Without you, I am not sure my chance would have been there if you hadn't come. Everything could have went wrong. I am glad there is someone who cares for the group." Alex said, he was harsh. But the only way to fight fire, was with fire. At least, that is what he thought. He winced in pain as he tried to stand straight. He tried to hide it, but he was in pain. Water Veil wouldn't protect him from anything, It wasn't exactly common to be burned, but if he was going to be around Emery, it was a good ability to have.

Garett decided to walk up to the group, getting tired of the constant fighting. "I understand you wanting to go solo. I'm not too keen on the idea of traveling with a group of strangers either". Garett said as he turned to face Emery. "Under normal conditions I would be alone at the other end of this forest by now. But things aren't normal. We all just learned that we're half pokemon freaks. People attacked us and will attack us again."

Garett looked to Alex then back to Emery. "If you two still want to fight, then fine. I won't stop you. But I'm sure even you will agree that the most logical thing to do, for our own survival, is to be in a group. At least until we figure out how to properly use our powers. You heard that woman. Those people will be back. And none of us are capable of taking on a large group of people on our own".At least not yet.

Their audience had grown - or maybe she hadn't noticed Garett there before. It unnerved her how much these people cared; not about her, but keeping her with them.

Eevee who had perched herself in a tree came down as Emery whistled to her. We're alike already, Emery thinks, more than warmed that they bonded so fast. They did well in the battle against Team Morons - there's no reason why they won't do even better now.

Ten minutes had passed by the time Emery and Alex had taken up spots in the center of Route 2. Garett was on his way back to the lab, dragging Myra with him. Alex and Emery had reluctantly made up their minds to wait in case the grunts were still near.

"Wave, come out!" Alex commanded.

Eevee takes her place in front of Emery.

Dratini came out of its pokeball and Eevee took up its place. Alex couldn't tell if they shared the same feelings for one another as Emery and Alex currently did. If the pokemon did, they didn't show it too much.

"Emery, are you ready?" Alex asked.

"If you are," Emery smirks.

Alex sighed. He really didn't want this to be a rivalry of hate, even though it seemed like that is what he was aiming for. His words had been harsh. He wished he could take back everything, but that wasn't possible.

"Eevee! Sand Attack!"

"Aqua Jet!" Alex commanded.

The Eevee immediately started to try to fling sand at the Dratini. However, this failed, much like the Sandile had in the lab. The sand turned to mud and Eevee was struck by the veil of water around the Dratini, making it slide back.

"Tail Whip!"

"Wave use thunder wave!" Alex yelled.

Dratini tried to summon a thunder wave, but Eevee was quicker and slammed the Dratini with its tail. Dratini rolled over a few times, but sprang back up.

"Eevee, Tackle while he's stunned!"

"Wave, use aqua jet to get away from Eevee!"

Dratini listened as Eevee started to charge at Dratini. Dratini easily dodged the tackle attack with aqua jet.

"Sand attack!" Emery repeats.

Eevee listened, but the attack failed as it hit the water, turning to mud.

"Use Sand attack again!"

Alex kept his cool. It seemed obvious that he was better when it came to Pokemon battles for now.

"Wave... Aqua Jet, knock down the sand and then wrap!" Alex yelled.

As sand flew, Dratini easily knocked it down, once again turning it to mud. It sprang at Eevee, wrapping it around, squeezing it. The Eevee cried out in pain as it was being squeezed.

Emery stops herself from running in to intervene. All she can do is watch in mixed horror and frustration as her Eevee cries.

"Wave finish it! Spring in the air with your tail and change into an aqua jet! Use thunder wave and slam Eevee into the ground!"

Wave started to do this, it sprang into the air.

"Enough!" Emery runs forward, ready to knock the Dratini out herself if Eevee wasn't released.

"Wave, let Eevee down gently." Alex said.

The Dratini did, Emery ran over to Eevee to check on it. Alex started to walk toward her, returning Dratini. He stopped just over her and squated down to look at Eevee.

"I win." Alex said, placing a hand on Eevee to feel it.

On her knees, Emery returns her Eevee to it's caramel coloured Pokeball just as Alex touches the small Fox. Angered that he took it that far, Emery springs to her feet and shoves him back by his shoulders, her amber eyes flashing. Kai always remarked that they resembled fire when she was at her angriest - how right he was.

"You won? Let's see how long you last against me," Emery clenches her hand and lashes out - before her fist can connect with his jaw, fire flickers before her knuckles. It's not much, not nearly enough to cause a burn; just the strike of a match, but it shocks her enough that she tries to stop herself last second and stumbles backwards.

Alex watches as her fist lights up with fire. He puts his hand up to catch it, but Emery stops herself and falls backwards. His hand is scorched, but he ignores the pain as water veil takes over. He walks over to where Emery had fallen back. Looking down at her for a moment. He offers a hand down to her to help her to her feet.

"Yes I won. But it was hardly a fair fight. Emery, I am not going to force you to come back with us, but we need you and you need us. I would rather not see you go. I cannot end a fight when the trainer doesn't give up. I wanted to see if you had a nice side. And you do. Now please take my hand and let me help you up." Alex explained.

She stares at him, bitter. Nice side. As if I'm some kind of villain. Emery grabs his hand and pulls herself up.

Before Emery can start walking away, he puts a hand on her shoulder, "Wait. I am sorry for what I have said. I could have handled things better. But what I did earlier, was the best idea I had in my head at the time. I pinned you down, so you wouldn't be seen and I kissed you because I didn't won't you to yell and attract the attention of the idiots after us. I didn't mean to be harsh as I was. And I certainly didn't mean to belittle you like I did. I was angry and I lost control. I deserved everything you did to me. But I don't won't us to hate each other forever." Alex finished, letting go of her shoulder and walking by her. He held his side as he started heading back toward Aquacorde.

Uncomfortable with apologies and meaningful moments, Emery pointedly looks away. Only few people have been able to get close to her, and she wasn't fine with adding any more to her short list. Before anyone else can try to appeal to her 'nice side', Emery walks straight back down Route 2, towards the Lab.

As Alex was walking back toward Aquacorde, he heard a chuckle in his head. One he was not familiar with. He looked around, but no one else seemed to hear it. He said nothing and continued walking.
    shatteredxfrost as EmeryIcyIce as AlexElBurrito as GarettLinearAxel as VersaiZatanna as Myra

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • Versai PenumbraIt Begins

Sahara_zpspdyr5rg4.png

V_zpszb0ugcsc.gif
    It's almost embarrassing to watch; the more Alex tries to shove himself closer to Emery, the more he's going to push her away. This forceful behavior won't be making any of them any friends. Versai breathes, removing Fennekin from her shoulder and holding her close to her chest.

Emery begins to walk back towards the lab, and Versai remains still for several seconds. She wants to comfort her kindred spirit, but she can tell the girl is in desperate need of space. She takes the time to nestle her face into Fennekin's ears, letting the events of the day seep in completely.

"What am I going to tell my brother..." She whispers. She said she would call him once she left the lab...a lab that is one hour away from home. Surely he already knows something is up...if she doesn't call, he will come looking. If she does call, what will she tell him?

That thought dances around in her mind as she walks, several feet behind the fire starter. It shouldn't be hard to tell her dear brother that she forgot to call, being so caught up in the moment...and that everything is normal. Yes, she has to convince him that everything is normal.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• 4KYk8wb.jpg

Name: Alex Hunt

Night had completely fallen now as Alex walked back toward the lab. He was in serious pain now as he walked all the way. Sneaking, away from the group, he hid behind a tree. He put his back to the tree and as soon as he did, his body gave out and crashed to the ground. He cringed in pain as all of it hit him at once. The pain was so strong that it made his eyes water. It was just physical pain either, he felt useless to the group. He felt that everyone had turned on him. Everyone ignored everything he had done to save Emery. He looked back, still holding his side. He looked back at Route 2, wanting to get away from them. He closed his eyes, wishing all of it would end. He could hear the breathing of a bug pokemon above him.

"I bet they wouldn't even know if I was gone. And if they did, they would probably over joyed." Alex muttered to himself.

He slowly got to his feet and started walking back toward Route 2. He didn't hear anyone come after him. He was sad and happy at the same time.

He saw a beautiful polar pattern Vivillon flying over. He threw a poke ball and it was easily caught.. He ran over to the poke ball and instantly fell in love with the snowy night design. He smiled and continued to walk away from the group, still not hearing anyone coming after him. As he walked, getting closer to the forest, a voice hit him.

"Are you really going to give up so soon?" A unisex voice sounded.

"That voice... you are what I heard earlier?" Alex asked.

"Indeed, I was laughing at the strong feelings that the group has. Reminds me of the Prime 5 and the others." The voice sounded.

"Why talk to me like this? Why not show yourself?"

"Very well." The voice said, and a figure in a black cloak appeared.

Alex tried to see if it was a man or a woman, but there was no way of telling.

"Who are you?" Alex asked.

The figure chuckled, "Who knows? I could be Arryn, Gray, Shadow, Phoena, Lydia, Rex, Orchid, Tulip, or Jason. I could even be Giovanni."

"Giovanni!? But you are evil! Why come to me?" Alex asked.

"Evil... in some eyes yes. But Giovanni was hardly the evil one. He helped the hybrids become what they are. And he indirectly saved the world because of that." The cloaked figure said.

"Leave me alone. It isn't like anyone cares. All I am is a big nobody. Everyone would be glad if I was gone." Alex snarled.

"Do you really believe that? If no one cared about you, Dratini wouldn't have chosen you. What you did may have been harsh, but it is far from what Orchid or the others could have done to Emery if she had been caught. You are truly stupid if you believe they wouldn't notice you were gone." The cloaked figure said.

"What does that have anything to do with Dratini choosing me? I said I would help it fly. Wave agreed to go with." Alex spat.

"Wrong you idiot. Dratini chose you because you have the heart of a dragon. You see something and you go after it. You didn't stop trying to get Emery to stay with the group until she agreed." The cloaked figure said.

"She came back because she lost! She didn't care. She was probably going to leave."

"But she didn't. She chose to return with the group. She respected and honored that deal because you agreed to it. Why ask you and not Versai if she didn't have the slightest respect for you?" The cloaked man questioned. "She may have more respect for others right now, but you did just meet."

Alex couldn't think of anything to say.

"See. Do you understand now?"

"I guess, but it is hard to believe they would want me back. They didn't even come after to me."

"Idiot!" The cloaked figure said, knocking the hell out of Alex.

Suddenly the pain returned to Alex. He cried out in pain from his side and a poke ball rolled in his lap. He picked it up. He was next to the tree he had collapsed at.

"Was that a dream?" Alex asked.

No longer hearing the snoring bug pokemon that was above him. He tried to regain his composer and slowly got up. He looked at Route 2 and back at Aquacorde. The dream filled his head and he turned toward Aquacorde and walked back toward the group, but slowly.

He looked at the pokeball and scanned it with the holodex. A Polar design Vivillon appeared on the holo.

"How..... how did I catch this? Did I catch it in my sleep?" Alex asked himself.

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

Years
  • The walk back to the Lab feels longer with every step. Ten minutes felt like twenty. Every breath turns into a sigh. The weight of Eevee's Pokeball gets heavier the more Emery thinks back to the fight. She never knew what it felt like to be a sore loser, because she never lost; though she had limited experience when battling with Pokemon.

Just as night falls, Emery enters Aquacorde and spots the Lab from the entry way. She looks over her shoulder, immediately spotting Versai following just behind. Not everyone is useless. The woman handled herself well with the grunts, even better when figuring out how to handle Emery's own destructive behavior. She looks away from Versai as the Lab gets closer.

Alex is nowhere to be seen. Myra and Garett returned before the battle began - and loudmouth is still inside, Emery discovers as she pushes the Lab door open.

"Still half-dead?" She looks over at Brian's motionless body, still sprawled out on the floor.

She walks over, pulls out her Holodex and scans the Professor's body. Fire & Fairy type. Her body stiffens. Fire? Emery was far from a nurse, only knowing how to attend to small scratches - she once stitched a wound on her arm by herself, but that was at a young age.

Emery walks away from him - how to help with poison was foreign to her; being poisoned by a Hybrid even more so. She sits in front of the stairs leading to the Pokemon greenhouse and props her elbows on the step behind her. All she can do is wait for him to improve. Then she can learn from him.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years

• Garett Temero

Garett stepped into the lab and glanced at Brian, still unconscious on the floor. I'm going to guess those berries weren't very effective. Garett turned to say something to Myra but stopped as his stomach rumbled. "Well since we're staying here for the night I'm gonna go see if this guy has any food." he said before walking away.

Garett found his way to what he assumed was a storage room for food. "Meric, mind kicking those boxes off the top shelf for me?" The Rufflet flew off Garett's shoulder and started pushing boxes down to it's trainer. Garett turned around with his arms full of boxes and noticed a freezer. His eyes went wide and he rushed to open the freezer. Please tell me there's some in here...

Minutes later Garett returned with a bucket of ice cream and various boxes of snack foods. He set the boxes on a counter then leaned against a wall, holding the ice cream like his life depended on it. "So" Garett said between bites of ice cream, "Now that we sort of have things figured out... do we just...

go on with our journeys and pretend this... didn't happen?"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• 4KYk8wb.jpg

Alex had stopped by a 24-Hour Poke Mart before he returned to the others. He needed to heal up from today's activities, and he still had a torn shirt. It probably wouldn't be a good idea for him to walk around with his now very bruised side. His mouth was also still bleeding and he was as hungry as a snorlax still. He thought for a few moment, trying to remember if anyone else had been injured to day. He thought he remembered Ryan getting bit by a pokemon and he knew that Emery had fallen twice and slammed up against a tree.

"Hmm... Emery will be fine, I doubt she was really hurt. Ryan probably needs the bite cleaned and Brian probably needs to be looked at as well." Alex said to himself.

In the end, Alex bought 5 potions, a burn heal, and an antidote. He also bought some water so that he could make a mix of berry juice with the Pecha Berries that Myra was supposed to have gotten. He also went to the edge of town to get some oran berries. He placed everything in his bag and visited a Cafe that was still open at night.

"Ah, you must be a new trainer. Nice to have young people still interested in my cafe. What can I get you?" The woman at the counter asked, watching Alex enter. She wasn't too much older than Alex, but still older, maybe around the age of Versai.

"Good heavens! Your shirt is torn! My husband might have an extra if you wish to take one. He has more than enough shirt. He won't miss one." The woman announced.

Alex smiled, "I do not want to cause you any trouble, but a shirt like this would be nice. Also I would like..... eight mocha lattes if you could make those to go."

"Not a problem at all! I can also get you some to go cups as well! Just give me a few minutes." The woman clapped as she went to the back.

After a few minutes, she returns with two trays of what he assumed was Mochas and also a shirt that matched his.

"Here you go young man! Don't worry about paying me this time around! Seems like you have already had a pretty rough day. Just make sure you come on back now you hear!" The young woman places the stuff on the counter.

"Well thank you ma'am. And you have no idea how appreciative I am. I will make sure to return when i come back around." Alex said.

The woman at the counter smiled as Alex took the stuff and left. He placed the drinks on a table that had six chairs around it. He took his bag on the table and took off his old shirt. He pulled out two potions and a burn heal. He sprayed his side and and burned as bad as what he thought Emery's flames would feel like, but then a icy coolness over came the burning and most of the pain drifted away. He did this to his face with the second he had pulled out. The same sensations crossed his face. And again, the pain drifted away. Some pain remained, which he thought it would for a bit.

Last he looked at his hand. Emery had attempted to punch him again, but she had stopped when a fire engulfed her fist. However, he still felt it. His hand was black from the burn. He grabbed the burn heal and cringed as he sprayed it. He let out a silent cry, followed by furious hand waving. He wanted to jump into the water, because it was burning so bad. His ability was not yet strong enough to heal a burn, but with the help of a burn heal. The black skin changed into a more normal color. He felt so much better. He quickly put on the new shirt and took a bite one of the oran berries. He grabbed the mochas and walked back to the lab.

He walked back into the lab and he completely forgot about the kid who had arrived right after the battle.

Oh well. He shouldn't have been late. He can enjoy watching everyone drinking these drinks. I guess someone could give him their drink, but that is none of my concern.

He walked into the lab, looking as he did that morning. His shirt was new and he had healed his bruises and wounds, though some of the pain remained. He went to one of the tables and put down the drinks and his bag.

"Sorry I am late. I went to buy some supplies and got everyone some mocha lattes if you wish to have one. Except for the new guy, but he showed up late... so I forgot about him." Alex said, taking his own mocha and bringing out the potions and berries.

"I also got oran berries and potions. With us having some sort of pokemon DNA or something, the potions and things work on us. I have already healed myself, so take what you need." Alex said, placing three more potions and oran berries on the counter.

Alex grabbed a bottle of water and went over to Brian, however, it looked like Brian had already been tended to, so Alex returned everything back to his bag, but the potions.

Alex ignored the to pokemon and started searching for more poke balls. He took a few and placed them in his bag. He took a seat over in the corner and started to drink his latte. He wondered where all the grunts had went, but wasn't sure what had happened to them. Maybe the cops had come after all.

And about that time the C-Gear, that the girl Ayla had slapped over his wrist, started to ring.

Last edited:
    Years

• Ryan Anders

☆Earlier...☆

While Ryan was explaining the situation to the new guy, the others seemingly vanished. Tyre was the last to leave, taking a Pecha Berry and glaring at Ryan. He wasn't sure what the glare was for, but he assumed Tyre was still mad Ryan had called the police. "Seems like everyone's getting on my case for trying to do the right thing..." Ryan said to the new guy, but he didn't see him anywhere. "Wait, they're seriously leaving me alone here?!"

He sighed in resignation, determined to make sense of this mess. "First things first..." He tended to Brian, making a paste with some of the Pecha Berries to apply directly to the wound. There were still a couple berries left, which he left on the Professor's chest in case he woke up and needed one. A Chespin was sniffing at the Professor's coat, so Ryan picked the hedgehog up and took him back to the Pokemon room.

Some of the goons were beginning to stir, so Ryan grabbed some rope to tie them up. He was surprised to find an entire box of rope stashed at the back of the lab, but decided not to question it. Some of the goons had to be knocked out again, and by the time he'd finished tying them all up, Chespin had wandered back out to investigate. Ryan sighed, carrying the Pokemon back to his room, and dropping him off by a Porygon. "Either stay here or make yourself useful. I don't care which."

He had a considerable amount of difficulty dragging all the goons outside, even accidentally dropping one at one point. He felt really bad about it, but decided she deserved it after the way she'd treated him and his friends. After getting all ten outside, he stashed them inside a dumpster, then had an attack of conscience, wondering how his life had come to this point. After his existential crisis (and catching his breath), he returned inside to find Chespin rummaging through a trash can. Finally losing his patience, he grabbed Chespin by the scruff of the neck, hauling him back to the Pokemon room. There, he found a crate full of Pokemon food and tossed the unruly hedgehog into it. "Stay put, or I'm nailing that box shut!"

The sun was sinking over the horizon as Ryan finished cleaning up after the attack. The door was still broken, and the Professor still unconscious, but otherwise the room looked good. At this point, the others started coming back.

☆Now...☆

Ryan had found a nice corner to rest in as the others returned. Chespin was back at the top of the stairs, but as long as he stayed up there, Ryan was too tired to care. Emery gave him a look that sent chills down his spine, and he decided to give her her space for a while. Garrett went to another room, only to return with ice cream and boxes of snacks. Ryan was pretty hungry after all the work he'd done, and went to investigate. To his dismay, it was all junk food. "What's all this? I mean, this is all well and good, but you don't expect us to eat just this, do you?"

Alex returned, bearing coffee. Ryan sighed, politely declining the drink. "Thanks, but I don't drink coffee. Give mine to the new guy. I'll see if I can get something more substantial for us." With that, he went down to the kitchen to find some real food. He didn't know if everyone would want some, but he certainly did.

LinearAxel

Years

tumblr_nrmqm6AHdP1unmg1mo1_500.gif

V_zpszb0ugcsc.gif
    The walk back to the lab was silent; Ryan wandered off the beaten path and Emery wasn't speaking, though the multiple thoughts running rampant in Versai's head were more than enough to keep her occupied. When they got back to the lab she would log onto one of the computers and send Itsuki an e-mail. It would be much easier to convince him that everything was normal if she didn't have to look in his eyes… or use her voice to convey it.

At least that's one problem with a simple solution; however, it hardly calms the growing certainty that she, along with the rest of this group, are now on the run. There's simply no way they can go out on a normal journey, collecting badges, making allies and rivals…not now. There are people hunting them. They want to kill them. Then there's the nagging question…how do they have these powers? Where did they come from? How did Brian know? Something's not right…she was born and raised under very average circumstances. Unless…somehow their brains were tampered with; unless her memories are not her own…and they were all created in a lab somewhere…

The touch of a wet nose on her cheek causes Versai to gasp quietly. She was so caught up in her own thoughts she practically left the real world behind. Her head turns to the little fox on her shoulder, who seems rather concerned about Versai's frantically increasing heartrate.

"We'll be alright." She offers a sad smile. There's no use letting her mind run wild with theories, it will only distract her from the now…and if she doesn't focus on the now, their pasts won't matter.

She once more pulls fennekin into her arms to hold as she steps back into the lab. It's impossible not to notice that Brian is still on the floor, though upon closer inspection she notes a paste like substance over his stab wound, which seems to be made from the Pecha berries. Hopefully it was enough, and Brian would wake soon.

Next she looks to Garrett, casually leaning against the wall with a gallon of ice cream. "I doubt that woman will let us pretend." Even if they go about like it never happened, never speak of it, never speak to one another again…there's a decent sized establishment that is going to be looking for them, and will want to kill them upon finding them.

She looks away from Garrett as she speaks; the thought of eating junk food right now makes her feel nauseous. Her stomach is already in knots due to the events of the day, the idea of piling nutritionless, processed sugar on top of it is enough to make her queasy. If they're going to go on the run, they'll need nourishment…real food to fuel them for what are certain to be the long days ahead.

I'll see if I can get something more substantial for us."

Now there's an idea. Versai's expression visibly brightens as she walks towards Ryan. "I'll come with you."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• 4KYk8wb.jpg

His C-Gear continued to ring as he watching everyone in the room in silence. After a few more seconds, Alex finally let out a long sigh and put his mocha down for a second. He clicked on the call button and an angry girl, with a mad jigglypuff face appeared on his screen.

"What took you so long!?" The girl scolded him.

"Well-"

"Be quiet! You better be glad you answered! I was about to jump on Gogoat and come looking for your little ass!" The girl yelled.

Alex put his free hand on his face, covering it. It shook his head as the girl continued to nag about everything little thing as if he were listenign.

"A-Are you even listening!?" Ayla yelled.

The sudden scream from the C-Gear made Alex jumped.

"No.. not really... What did you want? It has been a long day." Alex asked.

"Don't give me that! You ruined my camera and then I had to explain was I was short a few pictures! My boss is not someone you was to piss off!!" Ayla yelled.

"And I care... why?" Alex asked again, a bored look on his face.

Ayla closed her eyes and her cheeks puffed out like an angry jigglypuff again.

"You fu-" Ayla started to yell, Alex quickly muted the volume. And her mouth was moving at 100mhp.

Alex put a finger over his lips to get her to calm down, she finally did, flatting out her shirt and fixing her hair. He unmuted the volume.

"You better have a damn good reason why you muted me." Her voice was sinister.

"Could you please just explain what you wanted Ayla."

"Hmpf! Fine." Ayla took a deep breath.

"Your first photo shoot is within the next few days. It will take place on Route 3, Route 4, or Santalune City. You will need 2 Vivillon. One would remind people of the sun and the other would remind people of the moon. You will have to wear certain clothing and then you will have to pose a few times so I can take a few pictures. You will be payed $100, but then I will take it all and you get nothing. However you will get some new clothing to represent my business." Ayla explained.

"Wait what... Why-"

"Quiet! Let me finish. There is a festival in a different region that celebrates the Sun and the Moon. They would like photos of a male and female with the two Vivillon. The make and female will both where colors to match the Vivillon." Ayla explained.

"Why Vivillon? And why form some unknown model like me?"

"I don't know, why does a boy not watch where he is going when looking around a town, tripping over my pokemon, fall into me and knock my camera into the fountain! Huh why!?"

Alex let out a loud sigh, "You are never gonna let that go are you?"

"Nope! Never! Not even after you pay me back." Ayla smiled, holding up a peace sign with her fingers, sticking her tongue out at me.

"Ok fine... but when?" Alex asked.

"Whenever we run into one another again. I would have much rather asked a better model, but since I now have to get a new camera, because I am using an old piece of a grimer camera, I couldn't afford one! So until then, we are stuck together as partners!" Ayla yelled.

"You got to stop yelling...." Alex said.

"Well I am going to go now. You better show up or-"

"Yeah yeah, or you will hunt me down yourself and let you Gogoat trample over me." Alex finished.

"Hmpf! Bye!" Ayla said, hanging up.

Alex let out yet another sigh and clicked the C-Gear off. He leaned his head up against the wall to rest. The remaining pain slowly going away.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years
  • [/FONT]

CK9hVjM.png
    ♡Myra Rose♡​

Myra was dragged from the forest, back to the Laboratory. Usually she didn't like to be dragged.She liked to do the dragging but since Garett was holding her hand, she didn't mind. She was blushing a little and had a goofy grin on her face but she quickly shook it off.

Myra watched as Garett went to find food. She crawled over to the professor and started to feed him the Pecha berry. She tore off the leaves and shoved the berry into the professors mouth. She gently put her hand on his jaw and moved it up and down to help chew up the food. She lifted up Brians body and put his head on her lap so he wouldn't choke.

Once he finished one of the berries, she laid him back down examining the puncture on his neck. She needed a potion and an antidote. She stood up and looked around some of the cabinets until she found a Full Restore. She wanted to save it for herself but she decided the Professor needed it. She sprayed the full restore all over the man. The puncture slowly started to heal.

Myra stood up knowing there wasn't anything else that she could do to help him. She let out a small sigh and looked around at the mess. Myra pulled her hair back and tied it with her pink ribbon to get her locks of gold out of her face and she bit the inside of her cheek.

She went over to one of the closet and took out a broom, a dustpan, and a mop. She ran around sweeping up broken glass and left over debris. She swept it all into the dustpan and put it in the trash looking at the floor. The only thing left was to mop up some of the blood and the floor. After the floor was completely clean Myra looked around the space. It was a pretty open space, there was a lot of room for the gang to sleep on a clean floor now. But there was no way in the distortion world that Myra was going to sleep on the floor.

Luckily she didn't have too. Myra rummaged through the seemingly small bag and pulled out a large bag, that she seemed to have shoved into the smaller bag. She placed it on the floor and pressed the little button, watching as the sleeping bag / air mattress inflated. It was pretty big, comfortable, and pink.

Myra went back over to her bag and took out her pink night gown and eye mask that read 'Princess" over the eyes and took them to the back. She quickly changed and came out, climbing into the bed and getting under the pink blanket.

"Well. If you guys don't mind I'm going to sleep. I need my beauty rest. Wake me if something super serious happens. K?" She said sweetly.

Myra slipped the eye mask over her eyes and yawned cutely. "Goodnight!" she said happy she was sticking to her sleep schedule. However this bed wasn't as big as her bed at home. At least she didn't have to share. All though she wouldn't really mind sharing... Her big bed was always so lonely. Maybe it would be nice to sleep with a friend.
    Myra tossed and then sat up with a pout.

"Garett... I can't sleep. Can you make me some Herbal Lavender Rose tea? There might be a tea bag in the front of my backpack. Thank you!" she said sweetly.

"Oh. And if anyone wants to keep me company in this big mattress, I wouldn't mind the company..." she said giggling a little, trying to be kind so everyone wouldn't think she's just some big bitch. She would need some friends on this journey.

Last edited:

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years

• Garett Temero

Garett looked at Versai as she entered the lab and spoke. "True. Especially since I kind of killed one of the grunts." Garett muttered as he looked back at the door. Garett felt something tug on his leg and looked down to see a Chespin staring at him. Chespin pointed at the ice cream in Garett's hand then pointed at it's open mouth. "Nobody gets my ice cream. Get your own." Garett pointed to the counter with the boxes on it.

Chespin angrily puffed his cheeks and kicked Garett's leg. Garett kicked the grass pokemon back. Chespin grumbled then used a Vine Whip to knock the boxes of food off the counter before running away. That was weird.

Garett ate his ice cream and watched as Myra cleaned the room and setup an air mattress. An air mattress? Really? Garett looked down at the empty bucket in his hand and tossed it aside. He looked up as Myra requested that he make her some tea. "As fun as that sounds. I'd rather not." Garett yawned then slid down the wall and sat on the floor. "Besides, Alex brought us drinks. If you're really thirsty you could take one of those."

Garett yawned then put his arms behind his head and closed his eyes. I know Versai and that other
    guy are working on better food, but I might fall asleep before they get back. Meric hopped off of Garett's shoulder and sat down on his lap, tucking in his wings and closing his eyes. "If you're really nice I Might be nice and make you some tea in the morning. As long as you don't try making me carry you to Santalune."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• 4KYk8wb.jpg

Alex hear his holocaster starting to beep. He got up from his spot and walked by Myra who was now sleeping on the floor on an air mattress, he smiled, but continued to walk. He walked by Emery and the others, he took up a second Mocha and walked upstairs.

He walked up stairs and into the night air on the roof. He could hear the small waterfall that Dratini was in when they met. He walked over to the edge of the room and looked down. He could see the dumpster moving and eventually a few grunts crawled out and fell to the ground. Some of them were being helped, by others were on their own. They all ran away from the lab, getting as far away as possible. He continued to hear a faint beeping sound in his pack. He quickly opened his bag and saw the holocaster blinking.

He looked for a boulder and then placed the holocaster on it. He pressed a button and a hologram of his parents appeared.

"Ah finally!" His father exclaimed.

"Where have you been young man? We have been worried sick." His mother scolded him.

Alex put a hand on his head, rubbing his forehead again.

"Sorry guys. It has been a long day and a lot has happened." Alex explained

"Has something happened? Where are you?" His father asked.

"A lot of different things, but don't worry. It is all handled now. I am still at the lab. Spending the night... maybe." Alex answered.

"You are still at the lab? I figures you would be at the forest at least by now. Well anyway, have you made new friends? Maybe a girl?" His mother asked with a smirk, elbowing his ribs.

Alex thought at this for a moment. He thought about everyone he had met. So far he mainly knew about Myra and Emery. He knew nothing about the other guys.

"Four girls and four guys. I have mainly only talked to the girls. I wouldn't exactly call them friends." Alex said.

"What a pity. Well tell us, how were the girls? Were any of them keepers?" His mom asked.

Alex put his face and his palm and shook his head, "Really mom? And currently I don't know. All I do know is one is a rich girl who seems to nice. I upset her a few times because I messed her hair up. I like teasing her though in a fun way. We should get along. I think she is younger though, but not sure. She hasn't given her age. One of the girls is older, I think, but she hasn't said much, but she seems protective. One girl... has had a rough history and I fear she is going down a wrong path. When i tried to help her, she punched me in the face and nearly broke my ribs. And one girl got pissed because I was looking for the lab and tripped over her pokemon, knocking her over and her camera into the water. She then slapped a C-gear over my wrist and is forcing me to work with her until I pay her off. So you tell me if they are keepers. As far as I am concerned, I would be better off alone, but we have insisted to travel together."

He looked at his parents's faces, they were both blank, blinking and his dad started to laugh chaotically.

"Women are a handful aren't they lad! Welcome to the real world." The man laughed.

"Well... that seems to be a very active day. But that still doesn't explain why you are still at the lab. Are you all sleeping there? Well at least each guy gets a girl."

"One girl left on her Gogoat, she had to report to whoever her boss is to explain what happened. She wasn't one of the new trainers. Which happens to be the one I pissed off this morning." Alex said. "As far as the lab goes, we got attacked by some psychos, who I just watched leave the dumpster that one of the boys seemed to have put them in. We tried to call the cops, but they didn't listen. I went to get the one girl back so she wasn't alone with whoever those people were that attacked us, which led to me getting messed up."

"Wait you were attacked? By who?" His father asked.

"I don't know." Alex answered.

"Me and your father will be leaving town for a few days on a trip. Keep us up-to-date with that group who attacked you. We will see if we can find anything on them. Maybe we can get the police to listen in the future. Just try to enjoy your journey for now. Bye, Love you." His mom said and the hologram ended.

"Easier said than done..." Alex said, picking up his hologram and placing it back in the bag.

Alex walked to the edge. He saw a shadow disappear from one of the roof tops, but he didn't take too much notice in it. Disregarding it as if it was never there or was a pokemon that was flying by, which happened all the time. He pointed his hand to the sky, trying to summon ice in a similar way as Emery had done with the fire. He felt a surge of power, but as it was about to release, it poofed and only a small bit of mist or very small and fine ice crystals fell to the ground, melting before touching.

"Hmm... I know I saw her fist light up with fire... was it unlocked from anger? But I usually never get that mad... how am I possibly going to learn how to use my typing if I can't even get an ice crystal to form... Damn it..." Alex muttered to himself, taking a seat on the boulder he had placed his holocaster on, trying to think of a way to unlock his powers.

Fire is the opposite of Ice... so maybe I need to be overly happy to unlock my powers. Alex thought.

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years

• --Tyre's Data--​
    Spoiler:

Tyre

After catching my adamant nature Poochyena, I was headed back to the lab. There I would be greeted by everybody who was chosen for a companion Pokemon.

Wait a second...

"Why should I go back? The professor is dead... I already have my Pokemon. I found out I'm a hybrid, a walking weapon. Sticking with that worthless group won't get me anywhere. I don't belong there anyway. Heh, I don't even know any of there names."

I stopped walking and stood in place.

"Since they don't even notice me, me going back is pointless. So where should I be headed? A Pokecenter in the next town?... Nah... Maybe I can go searching for the Prime 5..."

"As If... The prime 5 can't just be found. That's too easy. So what should I do? Maybe becoming a Pokemon detective can shorten the gap between me and the Prime 5."

I pondered for a bit.

"Since I'm a Hybrid, I'll have to keep that on the low... Even if Steel typing is useless."

I sat down on the grass shortly before laying down.

"I can do whatever I want... Many would kill for a life like mine right now... So what should I do with it?"

LinearAxel

Years

V_zpszb0ugcsc.gif

About thirty minutes had passed since Versai disappeared into the kitchen. In that time she had managed to scrounge up enough ingredients to make some decent burgers. She ate roughly half of one before giving the rest to her Fennekin, then placed the others in sealed bags in the refrigerator. Since finding the kitchen she had not heard a peep nor a shuffle of movement, so she could only assume the others had settled down for the night. That's good, they'll need that rest…they can eat when they wake.

The dark type breathes out a heavy sigh as she leans against the counter. She should be sleeping too…yet she can't seem to stand still, let alone sit or lay long enough for her mind to enter any type of sleep. She glances to the window; the dark sky above enveloping her senses and giving her a new surge of energy. Suddenly these walls seem suffocating, and she yearns to be out under the comforting veil of night.

Versai picks up Fennekin and quietly makes her way to the lab's entrance, where she opens the door slowly to avoid any unnecessary squeaking hinges, and shuts it just as cautiously. Once outside she sets Fennekin on the ground, allowing the fox to curl up under a bush and rest. Purple eyes gaze to the moon above, the woman's arms slowly reaching outward as she basks in the comfort of the night.

…If there was ever a time to begin learning, it was now. She closes her eyes as she thinks of all the dark type moves she knows of; Punishment, Payback, Knock Off…Night Daze. Yes, she can see that move play out in her mind. Alright, now she just needs to focus; focus on the darkness…on the energy that swirls within her own body, on the power she gains from the shadowy veil above her. Her arms slowly raise over her head as she attempts to summon the dark energies that are somehow locked away in her body. After several seconds of intense focus she slams her arms down to the cold ground below, her eyes shooting opened as her palms smash into the earth.

It was fleeting, and clearly had no impact on the area around her, but she saw the maleficent dark aura right before it faded away. She…created that. This was…without a doubt, without any plausible deniability, real…she shoves down the fear that comes with this undeniable proof as she stands. She has to keep focusing, lest that fear hinder her incapable of doing anything. She'll try again…this time with Night Slash.

shatteredxfrost

Years

• After all the dramatics ended and the others were starting to settle down, Emery stands to retrieve a Latte and pockets a Potion that Alex had bought. At least it's free. She stands by the stairway, sipping on her drink thoughtfully - it wasn't the first time she has been hunted and certainly will not be the last if Team Whatever had something to say about it.

Versai leaves the Lab, Fennekin in her grasp and Emery follows her outside, careful not to startle her. If there were anyone she would be able to speak to naturally, it would be the same woman who knew not to pressure her into joining a group way in over their heads.

Emery thinks to when her own move manifested - how the small embers flickered just for a second before her knuckles, leaving a satisfying warmth behind as she stumbled away in shock.

"You don't disappoint," Emery walks slowly towards Versai, leaving a few feet between them - her eyes glued to the ground where an aura erupted as her palms collide with the earth.

LinearAxel

Years

V_zpszb0ugcsc.gif
    "I do my best." Versai speaks quietly as she turns to fully face the redhead. Her own eyes follow Emery to the ground, relieved to see that the grass had laid down in a circle, instead of an imprint of her hand. That meant some amount of energy had released from her palms upon impact, and perhaps…if she continued to bring that energy forward, she won't be as helpless as she currently felt.

Looking back to Emery, the faint whispers in the back of her mind grow louder: She is the oldest of these hybrids, which (in her mind) makes the others hers to protect. She cannot fail them—especially not this one. She has the eyes of someone who has been failed by others far too many times.

"To be sleeping so easily…" She begins, her eyes briefly shifting back to the entrance to the laboratory. "I wonder if this has really hit them." It seems to have struck Emery; this…life shattering news they received only hours ago, the realization that they are in so very far over their heads that they may never find their way back up…Or even live long enough to try.

Those fiery eyes look a bit different now, as if there's the tiniest bit of openness that wasn't there in the forest. Did Emery seek her out to talk? Right now, that's likely the best thing for them to do. The information that was thrown at them is…crushing, and keeping their thoughts on this situation locked inside will only serve to break them from the inside out.

"I'm glad you came back." She begins with a delicate smile. "Though I couldn't blame you for leaving." A cooling breeze blows by, and Versai tucks a strand of her long hair behind her ear, to keep it from blowing around her face. There's a moment's hesitation before she speaks again. "I…might not have been far behind you."

After everything that happened, it was only natural to want to get as far away from this place as possible, and this group was quickly disproving the safety in numbers theory. Their numbers had dropped by one since she followed Ryan down to the kitchen, and she was fairly certain that, come morning, their numbers would deplete again.

shatteredxfrost

Years

• Most of the kids inside didn't seem to understand the weight of what they were about to face - berry picking, going on latte runs and outright leaving without a word to anyone. People dealt with news different, but it was odd trying to adjust to the others' way of thinking.

The woman in front of her was attempting to get a grasp on their abilities - Emery felt oddly proud that at least one other person other than her was doing the same.

"I'm glad you came back. Though I couldn't blame you for leaving. I… might not have been far behind you."

With pursed lips, Emery crosses her arms. A strong urge to leave with Versai right then and there was almost paralyzing - but she made a deal and she would honor it… until it no longer suited her.

"I might hold you to that…" She was a creature of solitude, comfortable with herself and doing things her way. Versai was too intriguing for Emery to go at it alone - her appearance was the perfect image of her typing; Dark and Emery didn't want to miss a second of what she was capable of.

Which is why Emery's lip curls up in a half-smile. "Might as well figure out how to use our abilities together, right? Try doing what you just did on me."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• 4KYk8wb.jpg

For 30 minutes, Alex tried his best to use his powers. He was starting to become annoyed with himself, and ready to kick himself to try harder. He didn't want to sit on the side lines if there was another fight.

Tyre had disappeared and Alex had no motive to find him. He didn't care about someone who cared nothing for others who only seemed to care about themselves. Not only that, but the last time he went after someone, he turned into be a terrible choice. But he couldn't let her go. Everything he had done was right to him. Nothing was wrong, although he guessed the kiss was a little much.

He knew he shouldn't have left the other when they walked back to the lab, but the pain was unbearable and he had no wish to show how injured he was. He wanted to get something to make up for what he had done, but it seemed like mostly everyone had ignored the drinks he had brought.

He looked up at the sun, wishing the day would end as it was a terrible first day to him. He has been useless to the whole group. Hell, he couldn't even use his powers like everyone seemed to be able to have a knowledge of something about them. All he knew was a useless ability that did nothing. He couldn't even full protect him from the burns.

"I got to do something..." He said, bringing his town map out, looking at the news.

He couldn't find anything about the people who had attacked them. He wished he could be useful in the least, but so far, all of his acts have only had negative results. There wasn't a single positive result from anything he had done today, other than get a Dratini.

"Is this the price for getting such a strong pokemon at the start? To be completely useless?" He asked himself, walking back and forth on the roof. He could hear voices down below, he thought they were Emery and Versai, but he wasn't 100% sure. And he didn't want to try to listen more than he should. Both already seemed to dislike him.

He wonder if the others even cared about the situation they were in. He wondered if anyone had the slightest clue about what they faced.

He had studied so much about the hybrids in Vanville, by listening to the news and reading posts online about these hybrids. He searched through reports of old villains. Finally he found something about the Orre Region, his eyes widened in fear.

"Oh no..." He muttered to himself.

'Shadows have fallen over the Orre Region again, but this time, there is no hope. A new evil has said to be rising as Shadows cross the borders of Orre and spread to the rest of the world. If rumors are true, may Arceus help all of us.'

A news post said.

"Could these be connected? And if so.... does that mean they have found a new way to close the heart to pokemon again? And if so.... could they use this on hybrids... and even us?" Alex talked to himself.

"No it can't be... there is no way...." Alex said, quickly closing the map.

New worries crept into his mind. He had a possible lead, but he didn't want to mention it to the group until Brian had woken up. He started to worry about everyone, including his parents. If these people knew about their identity, did that also make their parents a target? Did simply fighting back, put their families at risk? Do they know about our families?

He tried his best not to allow it to get to him. Until he knew more, he wouldn't say anything.

"It isn't like they would believe me anyway. To them, I am just a sicko who likes dragging females to the ground and kissing them. Just look how people reacted when I tried to get Emery back and then tried to save her from the people looking for them. They could careless about my true motives, so until I know more... I will stay silent." Alex told himself, as he walked back down to the main floor.

Years

• Ryan Anders

Making dinner for the others had been... awkward. Versai had come in to help out, but it seemed like she had barely noticed him. The two hadn't even spoken, and after everything was cooked, she had gone to check on the others. Ryan had served up food for everyone, and Versai had returned to put it all away. Apparently no one else was hungry, so Ryan had taken his food and left.

Now, he was feeling a little better with some food in him. It was almost enough to make him forget about the day's events. That he was some bizarre chimera of human and Pokemon, that he had fought for his life against a mysterious group intent on his destruction, that he had then dumped his attackers in a dumpster and taken their wallets. He wasn't sure where his life was going, or who the people he was traveling with were.

"You're the only one i have any idea about, little guy." He idly scratched Froakie behind the ears, stopping after realizing that Froakie didn't have ears. "You and I are partners, no matter what. Whatever happens, whatever the others decide to do, we'll have each other's backs." Froakie croaked with determination, hopping up onto Ryan's shoulder. "You need a name. I'm gonna call you... hmmm... Eddie! You like it?"

Eddie tilted his head, croaking softly, but nodded. Ryan patted Eddie's head lightly, grinning. "It's probably not half as clever as I think it is, but it's still a good name. Let's take a walk." The pair exited the supply closet they had been in, seeing some of the others already bunking down for the night. "I'm not ready to sleep yet. Let's go outside." Ryan whispered as they headed for the stairs.

They passed Alex, on his way back from the roof, Ryan giving a friendly nod and a wave. Ryan thought he could hear voices, possibly Versai and Emery, and decided not to interrupt them. He pushed open the door to the roof, and Eddie hopped down, picking up a piece of brick. Ryan took it from him, idly tossing it in his hand as he looked out over the town. Eddie kept jumping for it, trying to take it back, but Ryan was oblivious.

"You know, I've always liked the night. The gentle light of the moon and the stars, the sounds of nature going to sleep. I used to look out at this city at night and see the lights in the distance... they always seemed inviting, like they were calling to me. I thought they'd be brighter up close, but they seem the same." The door swung shut behind him with a soft *click*, and Eddie stopped jumping.

"I don't really know anything of the world, I guess. I moved to Vaniville when I was five, and don't remember much of life before then. After my dad adopted me, he spent years preparing me for life, wherever it may take me. But after today, I don't know where that may be. The lights used to look inviting, the world so full of promise... but now? I guess... it's darker than it seems." He tossed the piece of brick off the roof, looking at the town.

After a while, he scooped up Eddie, who was looking at the door with his arms crossed over his chest. "Let's go back in. I think the others are all asleep now." He grabbed the door handle, but it wouldn't turn. "What the?" He pushed, he pulled, he turned the handle as hard as he could, but the door refused to open. Eddie pointed to a faded sign on the door that Ryan had to wipe dust off of to read.

"Caution: Door automatically locks behind you?!" The wind blew, accentuating how quiet it had suddenly become. "I... guess we're stuck up here until someone comes looking for us." Ryan sat down, with his back to the wall. He took a deep breath, letting it out with a sigh. "Today is not my day..."

Years

• Brian was laying there on the brink of death, wondering how the kids were doing. Obviously he knew that he wasn't dead. Death would be a lot less painful than enduring this agony. The poison was strong, and super-effective, but he was going to make it. He wasn't strong enough to wake up entirely, but he moved his hand to his pocket and fingered around until he came across a small metal device. He slid his finger over the top and then passed out again.

The button, glowing bright red, emitted a pulse of energy that kick-started the lab. Everything in the lab turned on: the lights, the computers, the coffee machine, the leaf blower, pretty much everything that was plugged in. But the most important thing that turned on was a robot. It had an AI that could almost pass for human, if not for its extremely odd-shaped steel body. It was box shaped, and the size of a refrigerator, but with a large flat screen on the front. It displayed the image of Grant, one of the current gym leaders. It began to speak.

"Hello! Welcome to Professor Sage's Pokemon Lab! My name is Guidebot, and I'll be your tour guide today!"

It paused, processing data, and then continued.

"It appears as though I was deactivated. Upon further inspection, I was reactivated with the message: 'Help the birds leave the nest.' Which I was programmed to interpret as helping a group of students start their journey. So, it appears as though you guys and gals need a lesson on how to begin your journey! I myself know all there is to know about journeys! And that's not because I'm able to access the internet via satellite and process all scholarly journals about the subject in question. First, let's give you all a retina scan to make sure I've got the right group. Just walk up in front of me and I'll take care of the rest!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt was terrified. This robot would be able to tell that he's not Andrew. There's no telling how it will react. He had to go. Right now.

Within seconds of the robot mentioning the retina scan, he bolted away. He ran as fast as he could back to headquarters. He was going to have a talk with Beacon. The stupid idiot wouldn't let him use his ghost abilities to possess Andrew. He said it would be too risky keeping him alive. He said there was no need to use a disguise. "Well, it looks like I'm right again." he mumbled, wishing he could punch the stupid man in the face. "One day Mathew, one day you'll be the head of this operation and nobody will stand in your way."

Back