• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whoa, That Looks like a Pokémon!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • Do you ever just look at something and think that it would make for a great Pokémon, be it an animal, plant, or some other object? I've seen people talk about Glaucus antlanticus in this regard, but what are other things you think are just Pokémon waiting to happen?
    Spoiler:

I was prompted to make this thread after stumbling upon one such creature online: the Mary River turtle. It's an endangered turtle species that's endemic to Mary River, in Queensland, Australia, and you need to see this thing to believe it. It'd make for a great Water/Grass-type.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • That first image is absolutely gorgeous - I'd love seeing a Pokémon like this!

Personally, I think it would be great to see a kirin/qilin-type Pokémon. I know we have several hooved mons already but there's something about mythical/fantasy creatures that really interests me, and I'd be super interested to see how they look as Pokémon.

For people who don't know much about kirin/qilin, here's an amazing illustration done by Zach Gange:

Spoiler:

Years
  • I'm pretty sure I've seen the Glaucus antlanticus one as a Fakemon. Honestly looks way too cool for Game Freak to ignore.

Also, has there been a peacock Pokemon yet? I dunno if Ho-oh counts, but if so, one that isn't Legendary? heh

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2021
    I've seen some interesting art...with nothing to do with pokemon.. that totally remind me of our cutie little creatures. i wish i could find some of it now to reference.

Back