• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Not like I was expecting anything, but decided to give Boruto the Movie a try and see what the new generation is like. And man, it kind of starts out interesting, following this family drama about family issues like Naruto never having time for his son, despite knowing how it feels not to have a father. And instead of being a movie about Naruto and Boruto working it out, it's turns into a generic shounen movie, and they bring a villain just so everyone could fight him and call it a day. Pretty much nothing gets resolved.

Most shocking thing? Sasuke was among the better characters. He was a good rolemodel for Boruto, and might even become a Piccolo to Boruto's Gohan. Guess it turns out that the pairing everybody had the least faith in turned out to be the best pair lol. SasuSaku turned out to be great parents who even help others, while NaruHina turned into an awkward family with a distance between them. Nothing much to say about others, as they didn't have much screentime, other than Rock Lee as the referee and Shikamaru as Naruto's assistant.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Good god the Goku Black arc is starting to turn into something special, now that the show is doing its own world building after the tournament set up other universes, I really want to see were it all leads.
Spoiler:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That feeling when everyone you know watches Dragon Ball Super and you don't :L

Get to it! Skip everything's ng before episode 28, all you really need to know is that Goku and vegeta are super chill with the god of destruction and his butler, and they get some kick ass neon blue powerups from em before then. Everything from the tourney onwards is solid content besides the filler betweej that and the Future Trunks Arc, so its more or less 20 episodes or so, not a lot to catch up on. Anomation isn't on par with DBZ, sure, but Dragonball characterizations and storytelling mixed in with DBZ tier fights and story arcs is the best thing a fam could have ever hoped for with this series.

Years
What animation did Dragon Ball Z have? You saw two guys fly up, exchange blows, they'd vanish, exchange blows again thirty feet away, repeat repeat.

Years
Not watching but then again...
m5OJ8iQ.png

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That made me even more confused.
Hey I get it, you aren't into DB, fine by me. Everyone has different tastes. It just sucks I have no else to discuss it with here.
What animation did Dragon Ball Z have? You saw two guys fly up, exchange blows, they'd vanish, exchange blows again thirty feet away, repeat repeat.
The artstyle at the very least was based on Toriyama' actual drawings, so maybe artstyle would be more appropriate. But even then the fast paced battles aren't as detailed or have that edge of the seat feel DBZ had. Even then its still fun to watch, stuff like Cabba VS Vegeta or Goku VS Hit was some top tier battles. Next week should be the next great battle, or at least a great curbstomp till the real deal.

As for bleach, I never really followed it, and after getting through the entirety of Fairy Tail and Naruto in almost 3 months coccurently, I don't think I can handle another Mega Manga to read through this year. Like One Piece, I am never going to touch that for the sheer amount of reading

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I don't think it's as much about my tastes as it is about lacking context, but all right, sure.

Nadia: the Secret of Blue Water was a good time. The alternate history elements were especially enjoyable, rare to see that done well in anime. I was also reminded of how much I like Anno's style of editing.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I don't think it's as much about my tastes as it is about lacking context, but all right, sure.

Nadia: the Secret of Blue Water was a good time. The alternate history elements were especially enjoyable, rare to see that done well in anime. I was also reminded of how much I like Anno's style of editing.

Ah okay. Well if its context you lack, basically what I said in my post is this:
Episodes 1-28 are mostly retellings of the two most recent DBZ movies, with little to none new content in between to flesh out the arcs. The only really important thing is that Goku and Vegeta gain God Ki to unlock Super Saiyan Blue, which is basically God Ki+SSJ1. That's like really powerful. Anyway, after episode 28 its all new content and introduces key characters that may or may not show up again, from Earth's twin Universe, and then its basically spoilers from here on out. The show up till now, at least, focused on story arcs that last a good 10-15 episodes, but Future Trunks is bringing back the hype with an arc that is looking to last a good 20episodes if not more.
As for how I described the show, its exactly that. Classic Toriyama humor, with even the gods and the higher echelon taking part in some slice of life humor now and then, mixed in with the high stakes action and world saving plotlines of DBZ. Those two have been mostly separate with the off time between arcs having more slice of life humor, but its slowly seeping into the main arcs as well, and honestly its not bad.

I understand why anyone would not want to watch the show if they wete never a fan of DB/DBZ in the first place, but if its cause of shilling or doing something more with the franchise and just continuing it for now reason, just look at one piece and where its at and come back and say that. At least DBS was after 20 years of mostly movies and one series we don't talk about, and despite the questionable artstyle, it rewally does feel like the continuation DBZ deserved and not GT.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
It kinda still is. I mean DBZ was all about the world in danger stakes cause Goku was already the strongest in the world, and he already is one of the last of the universe's strongest race. Super still does this, but Goku has the biggest hard on since forever with training and fighting for the hell of it. We already have him training under Whis for the Twin Universe Tournament Arc, and its heavily implied after Future Trunks Arc there will be more training under some even more powerful beings for the All-Universe Tournament. The martial art focus is just on a cosmic scale now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back