• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Sun and Moon region revealed: The Alola Region

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Welcome to the Alola region!

So from the looks of it (the name, the area) the region is based around Hawaii almost definitely. How do you feel about this? Would've you preferred Spain (as people predicted?) Do you like the name? What do you think we can expect in this region knowing it's most likely like, 99% based on Hawaii now?

Read article

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
Years
Re-watching the trailer and I'm loving how colourful the Region looks! It seems like we start out to the east of the Region right along the coastline and then move west towards the main Region where the cities are located.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
I'm delighted that the region seems to be based on Hawaii, as it's a place I've always wanted to visit (thanks to Elvis Presley and the 'Lilo & Stitch' movie :D ) I wonder if the villainous group will want to impact the environment, one way or another?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope that's not the entire map. Kind of doubt it's all, but I thought the same thing about Kalos.

I wonder if the region will focus on the them of 'welcome' like Kalos was 'beauty'. The Japanese video's life action parts implies that the meaning of 'Aloha' wasn't missed by the directors.

Years
I knew we were getting a Hawaiian region from the moment the concept art was first leaked, and I think they really paid attention to detail with the atmosphere of the region, along with the buildings and palm trees.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yep I love that it is Hawaii. Although I think it will take things from other island countries since Hawaii is very small.

If you look at the map, it is very possible that it is connected to Kalos on the north side where the Cave with the legendary bird is.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The region and overwolrd looks beautiful! It's a huge setup from XY! I can't wait to see what is in store for it!

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I looked at the full Alola picture on Serebii and it doesn't appear big enough for 8 gyms...

Might we see a second region? Or is this just a portion of Alola.

blue

gucci
Years
alola.jpg

Here's a more clearer image of what was shown in the trailer. It seems too small to be a Region with eight gyms and so on, so perhaps we will be able to travel to multiple islands? Hawaii is made up of several relatively large islands, maybe it will be possible to travel between them being close to one another?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It looks small to me as well. But I don't know why they would just show Island one.

Hawaii has 8? Islands I think. Maybe each island is a gym.

The south water route is not blocked. It continues south. This could be to other islands or Kalos. Remember that Masuda said that XY storyline would be wrapped up in a unique way and in the same interview, he said 'flowers'.

Looking at the image, it looks like there is 1 somewhat big town and then maybe 2 small towns.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The top looks a little cut off tbh. I think island travel would be cool (I know someone was asking for non-linear so hey if that's the case you have your wish!!) Although I wouldn't mind it all being connected BUT WHATEVER if that means we get Surf early.... (maybe??) then I'm good.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
alola.jpg

Here's a more clearer image of what was shown in the trailer. It seems too small to be a Region with eight gyms and so on, so perhaps we will be able to travel to multiple islands? Hawaii is made up of several relatively large islands, maybe it will be possible to travel between them being close to one another?

Kind of looks like a small Hoenn with thos islands to the right xD. Looking at the shape of the island it looks like the most populated island (I had looked it up back in March, irc it's Maui).

Edit: I misremembered. It's Oahu with the most people. Looking at the shape it seems about right ^_^.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
People were predicting Spain? Lol. I saw a video a month or two ago that analyzed the initial announcement of Sun and Moon and basically proved to me it would be Hawaii, so I got exactly what I expected with this, and I'm happy about that.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Expected it. Name seems to simple and just lazy to me but meh, I'm more concerned with its visuals.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Obviously Hawaii. What we can see in the video is way too small for a region. Wouldn't be a surprise to have multiple islands like real Hawaii.

The only thing I regret a bit is another tropical region after Hoenn. But Hawaii is a great place so they can do awesome stuff here!

Back