• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Welcome Manozz! I feel yeah ima quick learner too and completely lost in ivs Evs and blah blah blah blah. I wish Pokemon didn't have so much MATH.its a kids game for gods sake.welcome again by the way. Im new too :3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2014
Thanks Arceus! I don't know if you have seen the picture or not, but it is like mini comic that says
"Pokemon Now
Okay I need 6IV pokemon with EV's in spc.attk and def. if I use this I can raise blah blah blah"
Then the bottom picture says
"Pokemon Then
I'MMA EARTHQUAKE ALL YOU MUTHA F****"

Never before have I seen a more truer picture lmao.

Years
Yup that's amazingly accurate. People just iv an ev. Why put evs on eevee(see what I did there :p) when it perfect the way it is. Just use it the way it was caught. Like for rizzles

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Hello, everyone! I played and became a Pokemon Master back around when Pokemon Red first came out. I never really got back into the series though...but because of a certain stream, I've gotten a huge urge to start playing and catch up again. I have no idea what is going on or what to expect, story and generation-wise...it probably doesn't help that every single hacks looks fun and interesting.

Forgive my ignorance for the following question...it's going on 3am here and I need to get some sleep. How would I go about finding someone to commission a custom trainer sprite? --and would it be possible to edit/carry it across generations, somehow?

Nice to meet you all! I look forward to hanging around here. :3

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Well hello everyone. I am Manozz.

For the first time in life I have finally been able to get the newest pokemon game before it's been out for two or three years.

So that being said I am entirely new to the scene of Global trading and even Extreme pokemon training.

I've got EV training down and I kind of know how to breed for Shinies. If you bring up IV's and all that fancy stuff I'm completely lost, but I'm currently doing my research.

Basically I'm trying to be in the competitive scene so I can connect with people around the world who enjoy Pokemon just as much as I do. I also want to become a breeder and open up shop one day so I can send out all kinds of pokemon.

Also all terminology is lost on me. I couldn't tell a hacked pokemon from a legit one. I Saw mention of someone wanting a pokemon with Memories and I was totally lost on that. So if you bring up things I don't understand please bear with me when I ask you questions about it. I'll get it eventually. If I am one thing it's a quick learner.

Hi theree Manozz! Great to have you here with us today :D I'm Autumn Reverie, but if that's too long for you, you may just call me Autumn, or Amanda if you prefer. Nice to meet you ^-^

Haha that's good to hear! I haven't yet gotten my own copy of the newest X & Y nor do I own a 3DS, so I guess that'll be my case until they make an emulator. ;; Anyways, I should introduce you to the Battle Center, home of all things battling! You'll get to learn a whole lot over there. Also. do drop by our Battle Server where you can create instant teams and battle other members or just enjoy chatting with them. :3 Hope to see you there!

If you have anything you'd like to ask me, I'd be more than happy to help. I'm sure a quick learner such as yourself wouldn't have much trouble adjusting to the forums though! Enjoy your stay and happy posting~

Hello, everyone! I played and became and Pokemon master back around when Pokemon Red first came out. I never really got back into the series...but because of a certain stream, I've gotta a huge urge to start playing and catch up again. I have no idea what is going on or what to expect...it probably doesn't help that every single hacks looks fun and interesting.

Forgive my ignorance for the following question...it's going on 3am here and I need to get some sleep. How would I go about finding someone to commission a custom trainer sprite? --and would it be possible to edit/carry it across generations, somehow?

Nice to meet you all! I look forward to hanging around here. :3

Hiya Verhzus~ Welcome to PC! Haha let me guess - that certain stream was Twitch Plays Pokemon? Yeaah, that stream really drew me in during the first run and gave me lots of nostalgic feelings. :P It's great to have you with us!

Let me point you to the direction of Emulation & ROM Hacking. There you can find lots of hacks made by our very own members! I've been told that they're really good, so go check them out! Also, I think you'd want to check out the Art & Design section for your custom trainer sprite. There are several members who have put up shops and are allowing requests. Perhaps you could request your sprite there!

Wishing you lots of great times! If anything, I'll be here. Catch ya later~

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to PokéCommunity, Verhzus! Yes, you should definitely check out our Emulation & ROM Hacking forum that Autumn pointed you towards; we've got a lot of hacks over there just waiting to be played, so I'm sure you'll find something that would interest you. n_n" One of my most favorites would be Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians. Storyline is simply astonishing, and had been addicted to this game ever since I started playing. Reigns of Legends isn't so bad, either. Few other hacks you could try are Light Platinum, Liquid Crystal, and Flora Sky. Anyway, hope you enjoy your visits here. If you ever need somebody to chat, I'm here--feel free to shoot me some message, and I'll respond as soon as I can. See you around!

Years
Hi everyone, I'm DarkAqua, though you guys can just call me Joey. I've been into Pokemon since I was 5 but I basically gave up the obsession at 14, now quite a few years later I've sort of rediscovered the games (bought a 3DS to play Y and the DS games.) Though i'm not particularly fond of the anime past Hoenn. I've also taken a great interest in the hacks, which is what led me here.

Hopefully i'll stick around for a while!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hiya, Joey; nice to meet you. Welcome to PokéCommunity! I go by Peitharchia here, but you're free to refer to me as Ashley if you like. :] Ah, yeah, I'm sort of like you; I've also been into Pokémon since I was around that age. Since you're getting into the ROM hacking scene, you should definitely check out our Emulation & ROM Hacking board. We've got a lot of people over there who expertise in these kind of stuff, so the more you hang out with them, the more things you'll get to learn. Have fun here, and let me know if you ever need some forum-related guidance; I will try my best to help!

Years
And a big hello to you as well Joey! Nice to hear you picked a great community to join, because PC is well-known for its hacking community, and Ashley's got that covered for ya so do check out the Emulation board if you haven't done so yet.

I've been into Pokemon for around as long as you have but I never took a break between generations. Even at age 21 I'm still playing Pokemon games, and glad to hear X and Y is what's brought you back because those games seem to be getting loads of old-timers back into the games.

Well, I do hope you enjoy PC and I'll see you around!

- Hikari

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 29, 2014
Wanted to say hi to everybody here! I joined mainly to get a lot of friend safaris, trade, and talk general poke teams. I haven't played since my assistant principle confiscated and "lost" my leaf green with all my sapphire pokes. My sister got me Y as a gift, and I'm back in it!

Years
Wanted to say hi to everybody here! I joined mainly to get a lot of friend safaris, trade, and talk general poke teams. I haven't played since my assistant principle confiscated and "lost" my leaf green with all my sapphire pokes. My sister got me Y as a gift, and I'm back in it!

Well hi there Starlight, welcome to the forums!

If you came to trade you will definitely love everything the Trade Corner has to offer. It's got everything you need to make sure you get what you need, plus the regulars and mods there are very knowledgeable and are always on hand to help with any trading concerns you have. Also, do leave your friend code in the XY Friend Code thread so you can hopefully add more friend safaris and for trading as well.

I do hope you enjoy it here at PC today, and if you need help just ask a moderator in the bold blue names, or any other staff members in general. I'll be seeing you around the forums, and happy trading!

- Hikari

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Glad you're back into Pokémon! I have Y, too, but it wasn't gifted--I bought it myself. xD Pre-ordered it, and it arrived to my door day after it was released. How are you liking it so far, though? Personally, I love it. One of the things I like most about Pokémon Y is character customization; I've always wanted to personalize my player and whatnot. Aside from that, I really like their mega-evolution system. If you want to trade or share friend codes, you should definitely check out the links Hikamaru pointed you towards. Hope you enjoy your stay here! If you've ever got any questions or concerns related to the forum, you're always free to approach staff members. If you like, you may also post them in Community Questions & Feedback. Hope you stick around!

Years
Hello My name is Dragonitedragondancer and I'm 17, I've been a Pokemon fan on and off since I was young,I recently bought X (yesterday),I rekindled my passion for Pokemon in 2010 with Pokemon ruby and I started to get more involved with the series playing the classics and the newer regions and beat the Pokemon leagues except for Unova and Kalos mainly because I never got around to it but I'm hoping I do eventually and meet wonderful people playing. if you wanna swap Fcs and such pm me :) Thanks

Years
Hello there Dragonite! I'll just call you that since that username is kinda long. Welcome to the forums!

I've been a Pokemon fan at a very young age, and now at age 21 I am still into Pokemon. Most people I knew never even liked Pokemon so that led to me joining this forum around 3 years ago, and I met so many awesome people here and I'm sure you can make some friends here too. Nice to hear you're having fun with Pokemon X, the 6th Generation surely is amazing given all the new mechanics not to mention introducing so many cute Pokemon!

If you want to leave your friend code do check out XY Friend Code thread and you should hopefully add some people soon. Have fun and I do hope to see you around, Dragonite! Feel free to leave me a visitor message if you wanna chat.

- Hikamaru

Years
Hydrogen, hello and welcome to PokeCommunity! I was kinda shocked your name wasn't taken yet so I bet you're glad you snapped it up because I think it looks cool on ya nonetheless.

And yes PC is a fun place indeed, complete with an active and friendly memberbase. You should make an introduction thread here if you haven't done so already, or you can tell us more about yourself so we can recommend topics for you to check out. We won't bite that's for sure!

I do hope to see you get active, and contact any moderators if you need help!

- Hikamaru

Last edited:

MadKing

The only verdict is Vengeance.
Years
Hello, new guy here :D
I joined 'cause I'm a huge pokémon fan and play it everytime(well, when I'm not on LoL) and I want some place to post and discuss my favorite way to play(nuzlocke, egglockes).
I hope to have lots of fun here :D

Years
Hello, new guy here :D
I joined 'cause I'm a huge pokémon fan and play it everytime(well, when I'm not on LoL) and I want some place to post and discuss my favorite way to play(nuzlocke, egglockes).
I hope to have lots of fun here :D

Hello to you too and welcome to PC!

I saw you posting around the Challenges section so that's great to see you found somewhere to hang out. Challenges are always fun to do because they add that little bit of extra twist to your playthroughs, and aside from that check out the rest of the Pokemon topics when you can.

I do hope to see you active during your stay and have an awesome time at PC. Contact the staff if you have any questions or concerns! I'll be sure to see ya around the forums.

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Since you're looking for different ways to play Pokémon, you should definitely check out our Challenges board. We've got a ton of threads there, with each having their own set of gameplay style and whatnot; you're free to take on whatever you like. :] Anyway, welcome to PokéCommunity, MadKing. I really hope you have a fun stay here. If there's anything you need, feel free to contact me and I will try my best to guide you. See ya around!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 29, 2014
Well hi there Starlight, welcome to the forums!

If you came to trade you will definitely love everything the Trade Corner has to offer. It's got everything you need to make sure you get what you need, plus the regulars and mods there are very knowledgeable and are always on hand to help with any trading concerns you have. Also, do leave your friend code in the XY Friend Code thread so you can hopefully add more friend safaris and for trading as well.

I do hope you enjoy it here at PC today, and if you need help just ask a moderator in the bold blue names, or any other staff members in general. I'll be seeing you around the forums, and happy trading!

- Hikari

Thanks for the warm welcome and helpful tips! I can't wait to expand my pokeknowledge with you guys here! :)

Glad you're back into Pokémon! I have Y, too, but it wasn't gifted--I bought it myself. xD Pre-ordered it, and it arrived to my door day after it was released. How are you liking it so far, though? Personally, I love it. One of the things I like most about Pokémon Y is character customization; I've always wanted to personalize my player and whatnot. Aside from that, I really like their mega-evolution system. If you want to trade or share friend codes, you should definitely check out the links Hikamaru pointed you towards. Hope you enjoy your stay here! If you've ever got any questions or concerns related to the forum, you're always free to approach staff members. If you like, you may also post them in Community Questions & Feedback. Hope you stick around!

I like it a lot! I really like the personalizing of characters too, it's so much better than the older boy or girl only options. I also like all the new Pokémon Ive missed out on since green/red. Thanks for the welcome and tips, I'm really digging this site more than some of the others out there. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back