• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Time Warp Challenge

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
Chapter 3: In which we introduce a Forgotten Character

It seems my mind has forgotten one event from my previous entry. It occurs in between the adventures of the Giant Turtle and the land of the Giant Sloths. In this adventure we became marooned in an Ocean of Sand. Huge dust storms had taken hold of the land and navigation by constellations became impossible. To the extent that the eye could see, only the Sand existed. Then we came across a marvel: a Giant, very ancient insect with characteristics of a trilopod and an ancient Plant species with the characteristics of a Sea Anenome. The bug was trying to eat the plant and the plant was trying to eat the bug.
We had never before interfered with ancient orders before, yet it did not stop me from putting my foot into the matter. Quite literally. The ancient plant creature uprooted itself and began accompanying us (MEGAFLORA have joined our team! •Lileep•)
With our newfound friend we managed to traverse back to non grainy lands.

**Thus concludes our interjection**
Chapter 3.5: The Real Chapter
We had decided to sleep at altitudes where the Giant SAUROPODs heads reached (and I'm of course talking about the spectacular Tropius that never quite made it into the team). In the very top of trees as strong as a fort. In the spook of Dawn we were suddenly attacked by raptors! There were many kinds of feathered fiends attacking us. Some jumped from branch to branch and others awaited us on ground level. We made our way down so as not to fall and break our legs or necks during their raid. Our PTERASAUR proved to be the better aviator as we battled and traveled. Soon the last of the few raptors stopped following us. They stood still watching as we ventured further into the Forest. When we reached the edge of the forest we stopped to catch our breath; and we also realized why the raptors stopped chasing us. We were face to face with the Fearsome Emuarius (Swablu)! And in its best we saw another piece of the machine. PTERASAUR scorched it, the nest, and the surrounding land with SHOCK WAVE. We left the land with the almost complete set of our machine but we felt the heat of the land on our backs for the rest of our lives.
Wanting to cool down we settled into the marine life. We swam, ate fish, and conquered the sea. We found ourselves one month on a deserted island. We ate the vegetation of the surrounding area and found ourselves hallucinating. We dreamt we fought the Sun and the Moon themselves. We came to our senses after I stumbled across another component of the machine. Our psyches restored, and our spirits rejuvenated we went to the beach. At the shore we decided we would need to find a creature who could travel the waters with ease. We captured a PLIOSAUR (Sharpedo) and used it as a guide.
We were pulled by currents underwater. A Giant MEGALODON (Kyogre) chaser after us. We tossed SAUROPOD at it and made our getaway (you'd do the same; don't lie). We found refuge in an underwater volcano. There was a clearing so we surfaced for air. We battled some forgettable Dinosaurs and installed the final piece of the time machine. After such a long and incredible journey I would finally be able to travel back to my time! Feeling of joy swept through me and at the same time a longing to return to technologies, society, and a natural structure that did not rely on the brutality of Survival of the Fittest. I missed the merchants found across the land, creatures that were domesticated and not trained for battle. Puppies! The tears that had pooled in my eyes became too heavy and I started weeping.
I daren't pull the lever. Not yet. I pressed a button that would start the process. A time vortex filled the sky, however, being a poor mechanic and an amateur pilot of the time the vortex had appeared several miles off the volcano. It showed up in the skies of a mountain. I turned to the team and said the first words I'd spoken in nineteen years, "It's time to leave. My journey is almost over."

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
Hues of Purple and Blues dominated the Mountain views.
Lightning emerged, ionized air was smelled when lightning surged.
One more trial, for time to be redialed.
Climbing the mountain was an easy task.
But in the shadows provided by the vortex our true enemies did bask.

SYDNEY: Ronin of the Dark
Four strangers we found at the mountains peak
"Defeating us is the only way to go back to our own time periods. If any of us are to lose we'll be stuck at the time period we've been found at. These are the rules imposed by the one who governs time: Dialga"
I led with MEGAFLORA to fight the Japanese Samurai, rearing to go
It dispatched their Mightyena, the embodiment of Bushido.
A farmer working the rice paddies revealed himself to be Cacturne
He fell to poison, a Toxic painful destruction in six short turns.
The mystical Tengu (Shiftry) arrived preparing some shocks
But he too was Entombed in Rocks.
"I am the Blade of Edo, Sharpedo" He was fearsome indeed.
But gunpowder prevailed and he failed when confronted with Bullet Seed.
His final warrior was a geisha wielding a scythe
She posed a huge problem when in pain Cradily struggled and writhed.
You wouldn't believe it, an ALLOSAURUS wielded a Bamboo blade,
Snatching victory with grace, he was the real Aerial Ace.
Defeated the warrior was sucked up in the vortex.
An ominous grin, "Looks like it's Conquest again!"

PHOEBE: Goddess of the Oasis
A bronzed woman trapped in in the ancients sands of Egypt approached cautiously.
"I'm pretty strong you know so don't hold back on me!"
One bound mummy, two buffed mummy
Three strong mummy, four tough mummy
Two pharaohs and their brides defended and attacked
Their bodies held sturdy and their moves felt stacked
The dead, no corpses, no I cannot, even now, deny
The spirits of Egyptian royalty were brought back alive!
Their attacks were strong and defenses bold,
But time is true and it could not hold.
They reverted back to dust and the only thing left was gems and gold.
It was not enough and back to the dunes she would have to depart.
With her back to me she cried hard
She turned her head to me, pointed dramatically
"Behold ye mighty-" and disappeared fantomtastically.

GLACIA: Survivor of the Arctic Tundra
No words exchanged we went straight into battle.
A survivor of the Ice Age survived on blubber.
She submerged my MEGAFLORA with her attacks
And put a damper on our megavolcano, DeccanTRAPS.
The Sheer Coldness of her demeanor
Could not stop me wishing for times more greener.
She eradicated the Dinosaurs but it was not savage.
We healed up and moved on with items we could barely scavenge.

DRAKE: A Triassic Trifle!
TITANOBOA and IGUANODON became extinct. Low leveled fighters; We sow what we reap
But in the lush vegetation and swamps, jungles, and forests our spirits did not shrink.
"These are my territories, I'm the dinosaur king!" Drake gave his introduction but we daren't speak.
"Very well then traveller, you know the rules!" He summoned an Anklyosaur (Shelgon)
"Only the strong survive, but don't let this fight be a bore!"
MEGAFLORA survived all the hits. More than could be said of the creature stuck in the TOXIC tar pits.
EMUARIUS, we'd already seen, was Rock Tomb'd and pelted with seeds.
Two dragonfly battled in its stead but the same strategy was implemented. Enough said.
His terrible actions led to his last partner. A fearsome creature, obviously a carnivore.
It took to the skies and looked really mean
But PTERASAUR took it down with only one Ice Beam.
"No, this cannot be! This is terrible! I, a king left agape, millions of light years from the first ape!"

STEVEN: The Traveller Lost in Time
I stepped into the vortex expecting to go home. In the process of black and white flashes I crashed into something. It was Steven. He was a real legend. The first time traveler. He disappeared and no one knows what happened to him. It was a risk that people were willing to take when time traveling. And here he stood before me. I'd already deduced that we'd have to battle. We exchanged glances, looking each other in the eye. This is how the challenge ended:
-DeccanTRAPS overheated Skarmory
-We both switch Pokémon
-ALLOSAURUS battles Claydol. Claydol shatters
-PTERASAUR floods Aggron into submission.
-Cradilly and Armaldo wipe out the last of the Dinosaurs
-Quick Claw activates in the final showdown Metagross goes down to OVERHEAT

EPILOGUE
In the time of of the Cretaceous gigantic creatures end up dying thanks to cataclysmic events such as the continuous spewing of fumes created by Volcanoes found in India. This, combined with a meteor which hit the earth around South America may have suffocated and incinerated most plantlife. But life continues. DeccanTRAPS and MEGAFLORA survive and the earth enters its next era.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
This run was fun but also not that challenging despite being in Set Mode. I suppose doing hardcore training had a lot to do with it but here's a rundown of the challenge. I started by getting a Flareon outcome for my rival. I then caught a level 3 Mankey and boxed my starter upon doing so. Trained and obliterated Brock with Low Kick and acquired my 2nd Team member in Magikarp for $500. After grinding Magikarp the hard way, I made my way through Mount Moon and acquired my Helix Fossil for Omanyte. Misty fell relatively easily thanks to Mankey and Gyadrados dishing out strong physical moves.

Then traveled to Vermilion City to where I caught a level 18 Diglett. Trained it to level 19 for it to learn Dig and proceeded to crush trainers on the S.S. Anne. Taught Cut to Diglett and trounced Lt.Surge. Proceeded through Rock Tunnel and arrived in Celadon City with little trouble. Acquired my fourth and fifth team members in Vulpix and Eevee(whom I evolved into Jolteon) and after some training, challenged Erika where she fell in short order. Fought my way to Fuchsia City where after considerable training, I challenged Koga with Ninetales. Her Flamethrower burnt his Bugs to a crisp ^_^ For Sabrina, I took her on with Dugtrio where its speed and STAB Earthquake KO'd her Psychic Types.

After traveling to Cinnabar, I revived and added my final team member in Omanyte. Trained it up to evolve it into Omastar and challenged Blaine where he swept him aside. For Giovanni, I challenged with Gyarados and swept him aside with ease. The Elite Four was not that hard either. Lorelei is extremely easy with Jolteon. Not only does Thunderbolt OHKO her Water Types but Pin Missile is extremely effective against her Jynx, effectively allowing me to solo her with this Eevolution. For Bruno, I opted to take him on with Omastar. His first Onix fell from Surf but his next two Fighting types were where it got interesting. I had no Super Effective counter for Fighting Types and Omastar was vulnerable to Fighting. Tack on a lower Speed and I had to endure their moves before retaliating. Hitmonchan was out first and hit with a Thunderpunch. It stung but fortunately Hitmonchan's special sucks and Omastar's special is 115(really good). I countered with a Surf attack that with STAB was enough to OHKO it. Up next was Hitmonlee and this time he used Double Team to raise his Evasion. Luckily I was able to hit with Surf and like with Hitmonchan took him down before he was able to do any real damage. Then Surf removed the 2nd Onix and the real test was Machamp. Submission did a number on me but I hanged on to unleash a Surf that almost knocked it out. He then finished me off with Submission before the recoil KO'd him as well.

Agatha was easy except for her Golbat. Opened with Dugtrio against her first Gengar but had to swap to Jolteon to dispose of Golbat and got hit with Toxic(removed with Full Heal post-battle). Then swapped back to Dugtrio wherein a Confuse Ray fortunately didn't cause any trouble. Rest of her Poison Types fell in short order(thank god no Levitate). For Lance, I opened with Omastar after reviving it with a Max Revive and took Gyarados down with Rock Slide. Unfortunately his first Dragonair knows Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt and I fell to its effects but not before dealing what damage I could. Brought in Gyarados where I swept the rest of his team with Ice Beam. Against Blue, I opened with Gyarados where his Sandslash, Alakazam and Exeggutor fell quite fast. Then Magneton enters and I swap to Dugtrio wherein it tried using Thunderbolt. Earthquake removed it from play. Next is Cloyster and I swap to Primeape where I take an Aurora Beam. A single Low Kick takes 75% of its HP off and I get hit with a Spike Cannon that deals minor damage. Low Kick finishes it off and out comes Flareon. For his Eevolution, I opted to swap to Gyarados where a Surf Attack takes his final Pokemon down to claim the win.

Next sign-up:

Username: CodeHelmet
Game: Yellow
Era: Westward Expansion

Planned Team: Tauros, Rapidash, Primeape, Graveler, Fearow and Haunter

Tauros and Rapidash are both Mandatory Pokemon and while I don't have to use both, I'm opting to do so. Primeape and Fearow are going to be my primary two fighters for most of the run. Should have this done by next Sunday.

Last edited:

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
Years
Just a little update to help keep me on track!
I was considering only using Charmeleon and Beedrill on this run until I got access to the fossil Pokemon, but then I figured it would be kinda boring to only have 2 pokemon until the 6th gym. I have to say, I am enjoying using Parasect!
As to where I am, I have both my fossil Pokemon. I have been trying to do a bit of exploring to get some extra items like revives and potions. I am backtracking and visiting some gyms to battle trainers I skipped, just to make leveling a bit easier.

(EDIT: Just something I thought I should mention, I used the Lapras Gift Pokemon as my Surfer Pokemon so I could get to Cinnabar Island and get Omanyte)

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders Defeated:
Spr_Y_Brock.png
|
Spr_Y_Misty.png
|
Spr_Y_Lt_Surge.png
|
Spr_Y_Erika.png
|
Spr_Y_Koga.png
|
Spr_Y_Sabrina.png
|
Spr_Y_Blaine.png

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Thankfully before I began my run, I realized that my planned team lacked a Pokemon who could learn Surf. As a result I had to swap Tauros for Snorlax, who is still viable due to Normal Types being allowed. Therefore Rapidash was my only mandatory Pokemon despite my desire to have both. I opted to go with Rapidash because I rarely, if ever use it due to one simple truth. It doesn't learn Flamethrower in Generation 1 and since Flamethrower TM doesn't exist, it can't be taught. Therefore its the lone Fire Type(outside of Moltres... which is another travesty) that can't learn the best Fire Type move in the game. So after sorting out my team, onto the run as they say. I opened by getting a Jolteon outcome for my rival. I consider Jolteon to be the hardest Eevolution to face so I figured I'd make it difficult. After catching Spearow and Mankey, I box my starter and begin training for my first Gym Battle. Brock was easily swept aside with Low Kick but Misty... ugh her Bubblebeam always finds a way to get Critical Hits. Thankfully I had enough firepower to defeat her Staryu and Starmie. I caught Geodude at Mount Moon and he made Lt.Surge a non-factor. With Geodude having Earthquake and Mankey with Low Kick, Rock Tunnel wasn't too hard. I survived the long grind and arrived in Celadon where I crushed Erika with Fearow's Drill Peck. After clearing Rocket Game Corner for Silph Scope, I caught my next team member in Gastly wherein I taught it Thunderbolt and Psychic to make the upcoming training grind easier. With PokeFlute, I then caught one of the Snorlax's for my 5th Team member. Finally cleared out Cycling Road and caught my final member in Ponyta along the way. Then the arduous grind to level 50 began but it was oh so worth it as it made Koga and Sabrina a breeze with Fearow and Snorlax crushing both respectively. For Blaine I used Graveler seeing as it would likely be the last time I use him in a Gym/Elite 4 Battle. For Giovanni, I opted to use Snorlax's Surf to great effect.

For the Elite 4, Lorelei was Primeape's time to shine, although her Slowbro and Jynx proved to be a real pain in the butt being Psychic Types. Fortunately Haunter's special is insanely good(115) and I was able to take Slowbro down with Thunderbolt while Rapidash used Fire Blast on Jynx. The rest of her Ice Types fell quickly to Primeape's Low Kick. For Bruno, I used Snorlax's Surf to take down his Onix while Fearow terrorized his Fighting Types. For Agatha, I used Graveler because why not? Although her first Gengar knows Mega Drain, it does little when you're already at full HP. Therefore 1 Earthquake and the first Gengar is down. Against Golbat, I swapped to Haunter where Thunderbolt takes him down. Back to Graveler for her Haunter and I get hit with Confuse Ray but take it down with Earthquake afterwards. For Arbok, I survive an Acid Attack only to take down Arbok with another Earthquake. The final Gengar was fortunately easy. It tried using Hypnosis but failed and I cleaned its clock with an Earthquake. When abilities don't exist, time to take advantage as they say lol.

Lance... was a pure showcasing of Snorlax's 160 HP stat.... I opened with Haunter to take down Gyarados with a x4 Thunderbolt. Then I swapped to Snorlax where I managed to get an Ice Beam off after being Paralyzed. It wasn't enough to KO it so I had to absorb a Thunderbolt before finishing it off with a Body Slam. I then used a Full Restore to open against the 2nd Dragonair wherein I took a Hyper Beam(took 30% off). I then unleash an Ice Beam since it has to recharge before it uses Bubblebeam against me(does like 5-10%... really minimal). Ice Beam finishes the 2nd Dragonair off and out comes the speed freak Aerodactyl. After absorbing a Hyper Beam, I finish it off with a Surf Attack. Now I use a 2nd Full Restore to open against Dragonite because Lance needs a taste of his own medicine. I take a Hyper Beam(which takes ~40% off) and I unleash an Ice Beam that nearly OHKO's it thanks to its x4 weakness. I then use a Max Potion to fully heal and take another Hyper Beam(which takes ~40% off). I finish Dragonite off with Ice Beam during the turn it has to recharge to claim the win.

For Blue, I open with Snorlax and unleash a Surf after he uses Earthquake on me to take ~40% of my HP. Sandslash falls and out comes Alakazam. I swap to Fearow where thanks to the level difference I'm faster and use Drill Peck to OHKO. I repeat the process on Exeggutor. Next is Cloyster so I send out Primeape where after a couple Low Kicks I defeat the Water/Ice Type. Ninetales is up next so I go to Graveler and defeat it with Earthquake and repeat the process on Jolteon to claim the win. MVP of the run to me was Fearow. Vast majority of my fights involved this Flying Type Pokemon and very rarely do I ever use Flying Types as much as I did during this run.

Next Sign-up:

User: CodeHelmet
Era: MobsterMania

Planned Team: Haunter(mandatory), Nidoking, Dragonite, Starmie, Kabutops(Blade-like appendage), Venusaur, Venomoth(eh a Bug Type!!!)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Overdue with my MobsterMania run result. Having to buy one of everything did make things interesting. Fortunately I was able to use them or toss them to make room for items such as the Awakening in Pokémon Tower just to advance... lol. Anyways, here's how each Gym Battle went down:

Brock: Nidoran with Double Kick for the win
Misty: Bulbasaur is king over Water Types
Lt.Surge: Nidoking being immune to Thunderbolt makes that so much easier
Erika: Venonat with STAB x4 Leech Life on Weepinbel/Gloom. Got to love Gen 1 type chart lol. Stun Spore can die though
Koga: Nidoking + Earthquake = easy sweep
Sabrina: Dragons maul Psychic Gym Leader. More news at 11
Blaine: Kabutops Rock Slides to Victory
Giovanni: Starmie Surfs to Victory

Lorelei: Kabutops + Venusaur make short work
Bruno: Starmie in straight sets
Agatha: Starmie crushes
Lance: Kabutops opens before Haunter takes over with Ice Beam. Being immune to Hyper Beam was a joy to watch.
Blue: Starmie crushes Sandslash. Kabutops clobbers Alakazam. Venomoth feasts on Exeggutor with Leech Life. Venusaur moves aside Cloyster. Dragonite overpowers Nninetales and Nidoking laughs at Jolteon before claiming the win.

Sign-up for the 2nd to final era. Never thought I'd be close to finishing an Ultimate on one game. This one looks to be insane though. Going to go with a modified L4D rule such that training in the wild(which is necessary in Gen 1) allows you to reuse that Pokémon Center again. The catch is that all of your Pokémon must still be able to fight and requires that you throw away one item. Since items are scarce, that limits how often a Pokémon Center can be reused. Should one of them faint while training, then that Pokémon Center is off-limits and must press on to the next one. If that is unsatisfactory then feel free to nullify this run.

Era: Post-Apocalyptic

Planned Team: Nidoking, Haunter, Venomoth(my tough looking Bug pick. Pinsir is only other option and I don't feel like using it), Ninetales, Tentacruel and Arcanine(learns Bite).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Username: transwiththeplans
Game: Ultra Sun
Era: Pirate Golden Age

As of right now, I only have two party members on my ship. I have broken one rule; I really have no reason for Flying types (Rowlet's only there for filler and Decidueye), so I'll be replacing it with Fire types.

Stolas, a Quiet natured Rowlet at Level 11. 38/18/19/17/18/13
Blackbeard, a Quiet natured Zorua at Level 11. 30/20/17/28/15/17

I hope the next time I update, I'll have beaten the first trial.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Update 2:

After a very frustrating evening wasted trying to find a Mearnie AND Crabrawler (the RNG Gods were not on my side), I beat the second trial with style and ease. I have to say, Blackbeard is a handy Pokemon for this game. I almost went with Inkay earlier, but after I realized Psychic was banned, I ditched the idea. There goes the team "kraken". Oh well.

Reiju the Docile Mareanie w/ Merciless, 55/33/35/29/32/30
Stolas the Quiet Dartrix, 74/44/45/41/44/29
Frankie the Modest Crabrawler w/ Hyper Cutter, 59/37/34/33/27/33
Blackbeard the Zorua, 52/37/30/53/26/32

Years
I think it's time for me to finally finish my Ultimate Industrial Era run and story of Zeman Twist...

The Industrial Era in Pokémon X

frogadier.gif
fletchinder.gif
wartortle.gif
pancham.gif
honedge.gif

CHAPTER 22 - The Legendary Trainer

It has been years since we liberated Pokémon world. The adults were forced to take us kids as equals. We worked together on creating brave new world. The perfect utopia. I've become the hero who made this dream a reality. But I never became a champion or a leader myself. I traveled and encouraged little kids to chase their own dreams. Why? I don't know. I kinda forgot about my character traits. Or I just don't care at this point anymore.

But this utopia was challenged by a group of adults again. I had to travel to Kalos to stop them. I decided to travel alone and incognito. When I arrived, local military group found me literally the moment I stepped out of my hotel. They wanted to join and help me and before I could tell them to get lost, they crafted a plan. We'll pretend to be a group of amateur trainers. That seemed like a funny idea, so I accepted it. But I also told them that they can't call me Zeman. No one can know I'm in Kalos. So they decided to give me a nickname. I suggested names like Li'l Z, Z-Meister or Big Z, but they decided to call me General. Those idiots.

And so we got ourselves a starter Pokémon from our allies in Lumiose City and set of on an adventure. Like the good old days. I was superior trainer. I mean I'm the guy who singlehandedly saved the world multiple times. I even controlled a legendary droggo. And so I cut through every trainer like knife through a piece of cement, but those evil adults were nowhere to find. But hey, at least I'm having fun battling all those poor trainers and Gym Leaders - or to be honest only one Gym Leader so far.

I'm currently heading to Ambrette Town, where I'll hopefully find more about my enemies.

Team

frogadier.gif

Ninrog, Jolly Male Frogadier
lvl 20, Torrent
- Water Pulse
- Lick
- Quick Attack
- Growl

fletchinder.gif

Wright, Timid Male Fletchinder
lvl 19, Flame Body
- Peck
- Ember
- Quick Attack
- Agility

wartortle.gif

Turtleboi, Modest Male Wartortle
lvl 17, Torrent
- Tackle
- Bite
- Water Gun
- Withdraw

pancham.gif

Bearma, Timid Female Pancham
lvl 15, Iron Fist
- Karate Chop
- Leer
- Comet Punch
- Work Up

honedge.gif

Brienne, Adamnat Honedge
lvl 12, No Guard
- Tackle
- Swords Dance
- Fury Cutter
- Metal Sound​

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So before I recount my Apocalypse run on Yellow, I wanted to note the rules I'd be playing by. Firstly, I modified the L4D rule to where I could re-use a Pokemon Center if and only if my entire party was still able to battle and I threw away an item. As a consequence to that, I modified the Salvage rule to where I couldn't use PokeMarts at all(having to rely on what I find for items). That meant that I had finite uses of the Pokemon Center and had to make my training count as they say. Also my planned team lacked a Pokemon who could learn Cut so I had to swap Ninetales out for Charmander and effectively play the entire run with 5 Pokemon. Made little sense to train Charmander since its final form was banned and ultimately I'd have Arcanine for a Fire Type anyway since it learns Bite(a required move). Anyways, here's how the run went down:

Brock: Relatively uneventful but training Nidoran early on was a bit of a challenge with few items at my disposal and needing those Pokeballs to catch the rest of my team. Despite that challenge, having a Super Effective move along with Horn Attack made all the difference in the world.

Misty: I had to battle Blue and conquer Nugget Bridge just to get my 2nd Team member in Venonat(along with Charmander who'd become my HM slave of sorts). Training both on those Grass Types proved to be a long slog but eventually got both to a sufficient level to where I was able to defeat Misty. She ironically didn't put up as much of a fight like she normally does too(which surprised me).

Lt.Surge: Pretty straightforward bout with Nidoking. With no Thunderbolt to worry about meant that Nidoking ran rough shot over it with a couple Horn Attacks.

Erika: I have a new respect for Bugs despite the fact they're so weak in Generation 1. Even though Bugs are inherently weak to Poison, the fact I have a Poison Bug meant Acid only did normal damage. Ironically Bug does x4 to Grass/Poison in Generation 1, hence any damage I got from Erika, I absorbed back. Stun Spore can die though.

Koga: Earthquake = easy win

Sabrina: Why does 4/5 of my team have to be vulnerable to Psychic moves? Seriously.... ugh. After getting Surf onto Tentacool, I opted to fight my way to Cinnabar to get Growlithe. I then trained the living crap out of it to get it to level 50 to have it learn Flamethrower before evolving it into Arcanine. Then taught it Body Slam to go with Bite for physical moves and began to take advantage of its strong Attack stat to take down Sabrina.

Blaine: Tentacruel is an underrated powerhouse in Generation 1. 100 speed to go with 120 Special... pretty dope if it wasn't vulnerable to OP Psychic types.

Giovanni: Tentacruel for the win as they say.

Lorelei: Haunter took over and used his fast speed and decent special to unleash Thunderbolt on Lorelei. Had to be careful against her Jynx but fortunately Arcanine took care of that. Only her Slowbro proved to be a concern but using Amnesia as opposed to Psychic made taking it easier.

Bruno: Tentacruel to crush the Onix, Haunter to take care of the Fighting Types :)

Agatha: Mixture of Nidoking and Haunter for this one. With no way to Poison me, all I had to worry about was Confuse Ray(which fortunately didn't cause any harm).

Lance: Opened with Haunter for Gyarados and Thunderbolted it for the KO. Then swapped to Tentacruel to Ice Beam his Dragonairs before using Surf on Aerodactly(where its speed didn't play a factor for a change). Finally KO'd Dragonite with x4 Ice Beam after avoiding a Thunder attack.

Blue: Opened with Tentacruel to remove Sandslash with Surf. Then opted for Arcanine to KO Alakazam and Exeggutor and deal decent damage to Cloyster before swapping to Tentacruel to finish it off with Thunderbolt. Then eliminated Ninetales with Surf before swapping to Nidoking to claim the win on Jolteon.

Out of all the challenges I've done so far, I consider this one by far the hardest. Having finite items to heal made training a real headache. Of course if the host of this challenge wishes to invalidate this run, I will accept it.

The final challenge or Time Warp will be done at a future date after I've sorted out the order of Era's and exactly how it would work.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Ok final signup for the Time Rift Era Challenge.

Era: Time Rift

Planned Team: Pikachu, Kadabra(Mandatory), Fearow, Snorlax, Dragonite and Sandslash(won't use Sandslash in E4 but I'll be using it for most of my Era's and the fact it learns Cut)

Order of Era's:
Ancient Greece(starting with my Electric Starter and will fight Brock 1v1)
Sci-Fi Future(keeping my Electric Starter valid for Misty)
Stone Age(using Ground Type so I can catch and use Sandshrew for Lt.Surge)
Ancient India(using Ground Type so I can Cut my way to the Gym. Probably will have to use Fearow to win though)
Mobster Mania(using Psychic Type to sweep Koga)
Progressive Era(Normal Type so Snorlax can make his acquaintance)
Industrial Revolution(Ground Type for Sandslash to roll Blaine)
Egyptian Era(Ground Typing for Sandslash)

Wish me luck :)

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
Username: Pikachukid
Era: Egyptian
Game: Emerald

So I kinda want to do another run. HOWEVER I'll technically be breaking the rules for pulling a "reverse" Sphinx rule. In this case the Sphinx's nose is special because it fell off. In this run I'll be using Nosepass because that's what everyone remembers about the Sphinx. That's right, I'll be parading the Sphinx's nose throughout the game, lol.
Technically it's my mandatory Pokémon. And I added rock to the typings because the pyramids are made of rock (they even had limestone coating back in the day) anyways that's my reasoning for adding one Pokémon for a gag Sphinx/Egyptian run.

Also my run ends when I participate in the Pyramid challenge of the Battle Resort. I'll never in a million years beat it with my three planned Pokémon so it ends with a visit. It sounds lame and you might think I'm a weenie for it but I'm just being realistic.

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
Years
It's been a little while! I have been quite busy over the last month or so, and started a new job. At the very least, if I catch the bus to work I have quite a bit of time to train my pokemon. But usually I am actually carpooling with a friend haha.
In terms of what I've done since last update - not much it feels like. I defeated Viridian gym relatively easily. My main problem now is having to level up my pokemon for the Elite 4. It's crazy how most of the game I have felt either over-leveled or equal to the gym battles. But now I have been grinding for ages! I have ended up adding another member to my team - Venomoth! This was not part of my original plan, but after coming across a bunch of them in Victory Road, I thought it would be silly not to have one!
So yes, I am very close to the end. Just need to keep leveling! Hopefully it isnt too long until my next update!

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders Defeated:
Spr_RG_Brock.png
|
Spr_RG_Misty.png
|
Spr_RG_Lt_Surge.png
|
Spr_RG_Erika.png
|
Spr_RG_Koga.png
|
Spr_RG_Sabrina.png
|
Spr_RG_Blaine.png
|
Spr_RG_Giovanni.png

Years
I think it's time for me to finally finish my Ultimate Industrial Era run and story of Zeman Twist...

The Industrial Era in Pokémon X
The Ultimate Industrial Era run

talonflame.gif
blastoise.gif
pangoro.gif
aegislash.gif
heliolisk.gif
klefki.gif

EPILOGUE

Oh god... it's over! It's finally over! Excuse the lack of story, but I don't think I'll be ever finishing it. To be honest it was my least favourite part of the whole thing, but it's my fault for sticking to it. The story of Zeman Twist will never be completed...

Let's quickly talk about this Kalos part. I really wanted to finish it quickly, even though it's my favourite region. But the selection of Pokémon with my added restriction to use only Kalos Pokémon left me with pretty boring roster. So I just picked first Pokémon that I could find for each type and that was it. There really isn't much to say about the run. Given that I've used overpowered Pokémon and had them for majority of the game, I had no problem dealing with anything that the game could offer.

Here's Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

As far as the whole Challenge goes I had really a blast playing it. I don't regret spending whole year on it. Each region had pretty nice selection of Pokémon, aside from Kalos as I mentioned before, and the rules were okay. Nothing active that I would have to constantly pay attention, but I could still feel them being applied to the run. When I finish my other Challenges I think I'll return and try another eras. I have few in mind, but I have so many Challenges that I signed up to complete, that it might take another year to return for another time travel adventure.

Team

talonflame.gif

Wright, Timid Male Talonflame
lvl 67, Flame Body
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Attack
- Steel Wing

blastoise.gif
/
blastoise-mega.gif

Turtleboi, Modest Male Blastoise
lvl 68, Torrent
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam

pangoro.gif

Bearma, Timid Female Pangoro
lvl 66, Iron Fist
- Hammer Arm
- Power-Up Punch
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

aegislash.gif

Brienne, Adamant Aegislash
lvl 68, Stance Change
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

heliolisk.gif

Ousko, Lax Female Heliolisk
lvl 65, Sand Veil
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

klefki.gif

Sheppard, Lax Male Klefki
lvl 69, Prankster
- Crafty Shield
- Dazzling Beam
- Spikes
- Mirror Shot​

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
Years
I DID IT! I've finally completed this challenge.
After many hours spent grinding, I was able to defeat the Elite 4 and Champion. Once my pokemon were at a decent level (see below their final levels) the E4 and Champ were much easier than I thought it would be. By the time I was finished grinding, I did 2 practice runs to get a strategy down and (hopefully) level up some more, and on my 3rd try I won! It's funny because the 3rd run was just going to be another leveling run, so the only items I took with me were 4 Potions and 1 Revive (and I had quite a few max potions and max revives saved up!).

Just because it was fun to keep track of, below is how the battles went:
Lorelai
Spoiler:

Bruno
Spoiler:

Agatha
Spoiler:

Lance
Spoiler:

Blue (AKA LOSER)
Spoiler:

Final Thoughts:
All in all, I really enjoyed this challenge! I enjoy challenges where I am forced to use Pokemon I would never normally use, and this certainly did that. Also the added challenge of this era with not being able to buy items at all was not as bad as I thought it would be, and I also enjoyed that aspect more than I thought I would. One of my favourite aspects was playing around with TM's and trying to get good type coverage despite the few types of Pokemon I had to work with. The Pokemon that I enjoyed using the most was probably Venomoth, even though I only had it at the end of the game haha. I wish I got it sooner because I think it made my E4 run much easier than it would have been. Next was probably Parasect - once it learnt Mega Drain it was a real powerhouse for me to use.

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Proof:
https://imgur.com/a/eZzUd4R

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 3, 2021
Username*: SamHershy
Game: Ultimate- Dark Violet, Storm Silver, Emerald, Platinum, White.
(I am only doing up to fifth gen because I do not have access to gen 6 and 7 I hope that is OK)
Era: Post apocalyptic.
Extra rule:
-Nickname all pokemon
-Full team of 6
- Update after every 2 badges
- no using duplicate pokemon in any save file

Back