• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

awaken the legends. // legends of dusk win!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
day one.
the peace is broken.
It was a quiet night; I only woke from my slumber once when a fierce wind started blowing out of nowhere.

When I woke I surveyed the island, finding a pile of glowing scales near the body of Pecilia. Tragically ironic.

786.png

As it flutters about, it scatters its strangely glowing scales. Touching them is said to restore good health on the spot.

Pecilia is dead. He was Tapu Lele.

Day One will last approx 48 hours.
[/size]
even legends play by the rules.
★ Votes may be formatted in any variation of [Lynch] Player. Just please make sure to bold your vote.
★ Missing two votes or night actions in a row will result in your removal from the game and your replacement.
★ Day phases will last 48 hours, and night phases will last 24 hours, unless otherwise specified.
★ Submit day or night actions to me by PM or by Discord (josh#0044).
★ Do not share your PMs! Furthermore, all game related conversation should be kept to this thread or to specified discord chats.
★ If you are dead, you are dead. You get one death post that may not contain any in-game information. after that you're barred from haunting the thread.
★ Do not post in the thread during the night phase.
★ You cannot abstain. You are however free to change your votes.
★ The player who receives the most votes in the day phase is lynched.
★ In the event of a tie for lynch votes, a coin toss will determine who dies.
★ All PC/UG rules apply.
player list.
★ Pecilia as Tapu Lele
★ Simply Dunsparce as ???
★ Superjolt as ???
★ jdthebud as ???
★ gimmepie as ???
★ Corviknight as ???
★ aeternum as ???
★ juliorain as ???
★ Midnight Umbreon as ???
★ Earth Traveler as ???
★ Anteros as ???
★ Aldo as ???
★ Omicron as ???

Years
If we can work out what Pokemon we're dealing with we can possibly work out what some of the roles in the game are. In the flavour we have a fierce wind and glowing scales. The wind could be Tornadus, Rayaquaza or Suicune. I'm way less sure about the scales though... Cresselia?

Edit: I'm dumb, Lele has the scales. Does this mean Peci copped their own action? Alternatively they could ave been the doc going by the dex entry.

Last edited:
Years
Gimmepie said:
If we can work out what Pokemon we're dealing with we can possibly work out what some of the roles in the game are. In the flavour we have a fierce wind and glowing scales. The wind could be Tornadus, Rayaquaza or Suicune. I'm way less sure about the scales though... Cresselia?

Edit: I'm dumb, Lele has the scales. Does this mean Peci copped their own action? Alternatively they could ave been the doc going by the dex entry.

Yeah I'm guessing all the PRs are based on the legends' dex entries, and my first guess was that Peci was probably the Doctor, or maybe the blacksmith? since they "scatter" their healing scales. Also I think you're reading a bit too much into the death flavor; the scales being around the body are just like the equivalent of bloodstains imo.

And regarding the fierce wind, while figuring out the flavor of the role could be important, I think it's also useful to consider what exactly a fierce wind would do. Seems like it might be some sort of roleblocker or maybe bus driver type role? Also I don't think it would be Rayquaza, since not one of its dex entries mentions it producing strong winds. I do think Lugia is a possible candidate since, one, it's right in the banner, and two, several of its dex entries mention that it can start up 40-day storms by flapping its wings. Again, as far as roles go, it's likely some sort of obstruction to PRs.

Years
Yeah I'm guessing all the PRs are based on the legends' dex entries, and my first guess was that Peci was probably the Doctor, or maybe the blacksmith? since they "scatter" their healing scales. Also I think you're reading a bit too much into the death flavor; the scales being around the body are just like the equivalent of bloodstains imo.

And regarding the fierce wind, while figuring out the flavor of the role could be important, I think it's also useful to consider what exactly a fierce wind would do. Seems like it might be some sort of roleblocker or maybe bus driver type role? Also I don't think it would be Rayquaza, since not one of its dex entries mentions it producing strong winds. I do think Lugia is a possible candidate since, one, it's right in the banner, and two, several of its dex entries mention that it can start up 40-day storms by flapping its wings. Again, as far as roles go, it's likely some sort of obstruction to PRs.

Forgot about Lugia doing windy stuff. I agree Rayquaza isn't necessarily the most likely candidate but don't forget Delta Stream. I think your ability assessments make sense though.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
My internet isn't being too good rn no guarantee it'll stay up for long so I used a random number generator to lynch...
[Lynch] juliorain

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024

I mean flavor text is whatever. How often does it actually matter on PC? Like the frequency.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I mean flavor text is whatever. How often does it actually matter on PC? Like the frequency.

It depends on the GM and the game. Typically when roles aren't given upon death, the flavor text will hint towards what they could have been and what could still be at play.

That being said, I am going to go ahead and go for worst case scenario and take it to mean that peci was the doc. Although, another option (and much more hopeful) could be that she gave out scales as a substitute for vests, in which case we could still have a doc out there and there could also be someone who has a vest.

As for the crazy wind, I'm going to assume its a third party and it could either be landorus or lugia. I don't think there would be any benefit to the town to have a character that could cause chaos. Maybe it's a type of bomb that'll kill off half of the players after x amount of time? It wouldn't be the first time it's been put into a game. Looking at other normal roles I can't really think of anything else.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I'm getting townieness from ET so far as I like his thoughts on the role flavor. Sure he could be scum trying to be "Look I'm helpful" but that's not my read right now.

I'm placing my bet that someone has Hoopa as their legendary.
Why do you say this? Not exactly a helpful post otherwise...

Years
Using an RNG to pick votes after a few posts in D1...catastrophic.

Considering it is specifically winds? That's a Tornadus we've got in the game, in terms of abilities.........IDK at this point it's too early to tell for sure but we could either go along the actual "wind" itself maybe being something like a Driver that redirects people, or go off its actual Ability Prankster, which would probably involve something like switching or stealing Items I reckon.

Either way, a big Town loss from N0, not good at all.

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
gimmepie didn't begin the game the same way he always does as mafia, but the content is similar. Hm... It's a shame the latest game didn't provide the remaining flips to ease the job.

Most likely won't pay attention to flavor unless crucial/desperate. juliorain's exhaling his town tone the way I remember, for sure. Despite just 2 posts.

It's possible the wind isn't something we're familiar with. I, myself, don't seem to have a traditional role, per see. But killing half the players alive would be something too extreme!

Years
gimmepie didn't begin the game the same way he always does as mafia, but the content is similar. Hm... It's a shame the latest game didn't provide the remaining flips to ease the job.

This might surprise you, but I'm pretty good at this game by now. I post pretty similar stuff regardless of my alignment because playing obviously different depending on your side is a great way to die early. If it helps you, I was town-sided in Jolt's game but also had a second independent win condition I could fulfil (and I did).

Ignoring flavour, a potential source of information, in a closed setup like this doesn't make much sense. Any extra info we can gain is useful.

Currently I haven't seen anything particular alignment-indicative but I do share jd's concerns on Dunsparce.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Sorry, everyone. Had to prepare for an exam earlier today. But I am now back and caught up.

Worst case scenario does seem to be that Pecilia was the doc. The tragically ironic bit of the flavour text, anyway.

To me wind seems most likely to be a redirection effect or something similar.

I'm placing my bet that someone has Hoopa as their legendary.

Do you know something we don't?

Years
Umbreon and Dunsparce chose not to contribute anything helpful to the game except for, as others have noted, maybe some kind of weird soft by Dunsparce? The vote RNG is pretty weird but it is better that we lynch somebody than nobody and as long as we don't stack it shouldn't matter.

aeternum's post seems kinda weird to me. The first part is helpful, but the second part just seems to parrot what I said, and then the last part seems to make some wild assumptions with an undue amount of certainty, like randomly guessing Landorus as being behind the fierce wind...? Landorus' dex entries all talk about how praised it is for bringing abundance to the land, nothing to do with wind. Also assuming whoever is behind the wind is a third-party seems a little... presumptive. While whatever the wind does is very likely anti-town, that leaves two potential factions behind it, the mafia and a third-party that we aren't sure exists. And then he comes up with nothing on what the role could be, making it seem he both did and did not read me or gimmepie's posts.

Corviknight's post just feels like a lot of noise to me to be honest. He says a couple obvious things, then makes some speculation about what a Tornadus might be able to do... I guess it's okay.

I respect Aldo's opinion on juliorain's playstyle since I've never played with him before, but at the same time, juliorain has two posts that say basically nothing, so I'm much less confident. Not to mention that you've decided to ignore our only means of sussing out the dead roles...? Seems a bit sus to me.

That's pretty much all that's stuck out to me so far. I would say that Umbreon is probably the best D1 lynch so far, with Dunsparce right behind him and Anteros and Jolt right behind both of them, seeing as they haven't said anything so far today.

Years
I'm not sure I see Umbreon as particularly suss. I could potentially get behind an Aldo lynch here though.
So far ET is looking quite townie to me, but it's early days yet.

Back