• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm from the future

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I'm from the year 3100 and the planet Earth doesn't exist anymore.

Okay so maybe not but still..... Do you believe time travel could be or is real? How far into the future would you want to go? OR How far back into the past would you want to go?

Years
could be real? i mean probably eventually, no one can say for sure, but as we stand now, i'd say that we're realllllyyyy far from that point.

i'd be more curious to see what the past would be like rather than the future. the past is interesting would be nice to learn from.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
if time travel was real, someone would have driven over woody allen in 1982 so no, i have no faith in the concept

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
if time travel was real, someone would have driven over woody allen in 1982 so no, i have no faith in the concept
They would have driven over Trump before he could run for president too so I really can't believe in that shit one bit.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Not much has changed, but we live underwater.

If time travel is real I'd like to know exactly how it works - is it like Legends of Tomorrow time travel, or Steins;Gate worldlines, Back to the Future, or something else?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
okay thats fair you could apply that joke to literally any terrible person to be honest like im sure a time traveler would have go back to the 1940s to take Hilter out or something

Last edited:
Years
Well, depends on what you consider time travel, I guess. The progression of time is affected by gravity so the less gravity you're in the faster time progresses for you. If you're up on a mountain, for example, your actually experiencing time faster than those at sea level because you're further from the Earth's gravitational centre.

So theoretically if you could swing by an area of really intense gravity, like a black hole, you'd come back to an Earth that was well into the future from what you know. Or if you spend enough time in no gravity you'll age way faster than the rest of the Earth but that's less interesting. But yeah, it's permanent but you could kind of consider that time travel.

In the movie sense where you're bouncing back and forward through time at your leisure? Never going to happen.
I spend too much time watching documentaries about space and physics.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
if trunks can go back in time through the power of multiverse theory then perhaps so can i

TheBatPrince

Banned
Years
Ah,

Well I would go back to the fabled Era that came before the Prehistoric! The land of the Gods.

Believe it or not; most people don't actually seem to ever put together that Humans have long existed alongside Animals since before even the first Dinosaur set foot on the Planet. Nobody ever understands that everything in their DNA is always present in the Parents; and there's no reason that their Great Great Great Great Grandparents wouldn't have thought identical to them.

Then comes all the hullabaloo about Plagues, lack of Hygiene, being a Knight at 12, all kinds of hogwash. Simple DNA my friend, remember that. There's no reason if you don't like going to the bathroom in a bucket filled with other's "contents" from a Week's worth, that your Grandfathers wouldn't have hated it too. Plus its hysterical that people don't see that a type of "London Plague" environment filled with all sorts of Bodily filth on the roadsides, is going to pollute the Planet worse than 1,000,000,000 cars driving around every day needlessly. And if it had even happened for around a year, by 9,999BC we would have no more Earth.

But yes, virtually everything is Real and Possible, we just don't know how it all works yet. The Muggles anyway. ;P

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024

What if it actually happened but by doing so an alternate time line was created and we are just unlucky and unable to live there?

Back