• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comfort movie + comfort show + comfort album

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Inspired by this thread on twitter what are your comfort movie, comfort show and comfort album? What movie, show, and album make you feel happy and changes your mood every time you watch it? On my twitter I said

Comfort movie: My Neighbor Totoro
Comfort show: Parks and Recreation
Comfort album Ocean Eyes by Owl City

Though I'd add The Shape of Water as another comfort movie for me cause I've watched it so many times and it makes brings a smile to my face but also makes me cry at the same time.

Years
Comfort movie: Mamma Mia. Or Clue.
Comfort show: Parks and Rec! Or Community. or Pushing Daisies.
Comfort Album: E•MO•TION by Carly Rae Jepsen

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Movie(s): Detroit Rock City, Role Models, Drop Dead Fred, Treasure Planet
Show: Inbetweeners, King of the Hill, Game Grumps (does that count?)
Album: I don't really have one, I have a comfort playlist though!
Bonus!
Comfort game: Hamtaro HamHams Unite, Ham Ham Heartbreak, or any of the Pajama Sam games

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Movie(s): I guess something like a Studio Ghibli or old animation (El Dorado!). But don't rewatch films much!
Show: Black Books, Seinfeld, other comedies
Album: Uhhh various? Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, many a VGM OST...
Comfort game: Pokemon GSC/HGSS (but other Pokemon games also feature), Paper Mario: TTYD, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Monster Hunter...

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Comfort Album: E•MO•TION by Carly Rae Jepsen

YES

Comfort shows: Most sitcoms I find relaxing and can even put them on in the background (B99, The Office, Friends etc.)

Comfort movies: Harry Potter series, Wonder, most of the classic / famous childhood favourite movies of the 80s / 90s / early 00's

Comfort albums: Carly Rae Jepsen's albums (Emotion, Emotion Side B, Dedicated...) and now there's a new one that dropped today! So I'm sure that'll be on the list too. For other albums... Tourist History by Two Door Cinema Club, Artangels by Grimes, Dopamine by BØRNS... also Coldplay was a huge childhood favourite and their older songs (Clocks, The Scientist, Yellow etc.) are super comforting to me.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
YES

Comfort shows: Most sitcoms I find relaxing and can even put them on in the background (B99, The Office, Friends etc.)

Comfort movies: Harry Potter series, Wonder, most of the classic / famous childhood favourite movies of the 80s / 90s / early 00's

Comfort albums: Carly Rae Jepsen's albums (Emotion, Emotion Side B, Dedicated...) and now there's a new one that dropped today! So I'm sure that'll be on the list too. For other albums... Tourist History by Two Door Cinema Club, Artangels by Grimes, Dopamine by BØRNS... also Coldplay was a huge childhood favourite and their older songs (Clocks, The Scientist, Yellow etc.) are super comforting to me.

You have good taste my friend but I also hope you've listened to Dedicated Side B cause it's just as amazing and comforting as Dedicated. CRJ always making bops!!

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 19, 2020
movie- Milo and otis some old disney films and the first pokemon film
shows- always sunny in philadelphia
album- geggy tah - sacred cow, matisyahu - live at stubbs 1 youth and undercurrent

Years
movie- comedies from my childhood like scary movie i-iv
tv show- friends... or pokemon lol i watch them on the app or pokemon.tv
music- justin timberlake!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh wow, I actually do have this.

Comfort album: Coldplay X&Y
Reminds me of a time in life when everything was exciting, and makes me feel hopeful.

Comfort show: New Girl
Again, fills me with hope and is so funny, even though it's a bit too funny to be relatable at times.

Comfort movie, I'm not sure tbh. Could be The Good Dinosaur as it is so beautiful and just makes me feel good. Yeah I'll say that one.

Back