• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Um... what's that move do again?

Years
  • Any moves that you are hazy on the effect of? Ion deluge is one I can't tell you exactly what it does without looking up, I believe it is a non-damaging move. i don't even remember what type it is, electric or steel maybe.

Another one that I'm a uncertain about exactly how to use is snatch.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I tend to forget High Horsepower doesn't have a secondary effect, I think it has flinch chance for some reason. I also don't remember if Aurora Beam reduced Atk or Sp. Atk.

Years
  • I honestly can't ever remember what Haze and Mist do lmao. And if I do I often get them mixed up.

Years
  • I literally never remember what Feint does, had to google it now to find out haha. It just always fails whenever an opponent uses it and Pokemon I use rarely learn it!

Years
  • I literally never remember what Feint does, had to google it now to find out haha. It just always fails whenever an opponent uses it and Pokemon I use rarely learn it!

True. It's such a situational move. I've never even seen it's animation in battle before.

Years
  • hahaha, more than I thought! i realized this watching someone play through Sword, and how many moves I didn't recognize. a lot of them were introduced in sun & moon and I never saw them enough to memorize them. looking at the list of new moves in gen vii, I'd say I wouldn't know what at least half of them do from memory. :x and there are a lot!

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I was playing Showdown and someone used a move called Electrify. I just so happened to watch a youtube video recently where someone used fun Electrify strategies and that video was the only reason I knew that move even existed. It changes whatever move the target will use into an Electric type attack.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • I still actually haven't figured out exactly how the secondary effect of Zygarde's "Core Enforcer" kicks in and works.

"If the opponent's used it's moves, this will also knock out its ability. "

.....*has never knocked out their ability with said move yet*....

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    When my Monferno learned Feint, I successfully used it in that very battle just before Veilstone City in Diamond, then have never found success since haha

Years
  • Quash is one more that sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure exactly what it does either. I know that I have never used it before.

I just looked it up to refresh my memory, and I'm still a bit confused. As I thought, it's non-damaging. It's goal is to make the opponent go last on the turn it is used, but it has no priority, so if your opponent moves before you then the move just fails--you can't use this move to slow down an opponent faster than you, it only works if the enemy moves after you...in which case you still wouldn't gain anything in a 1 on 1 trainer battle because you were already going to move first, and have just spent a turn not attacking when you could have done something. Unless there is a detail I am missing I can't figure out when this move would be good. Now if quash had priority to guarantee it struck first, and your opponent stayed under the effects of quash and got slow for some turns then I could see this move being threatening, but I don't think that's case.

Eeerie Impulse is another one I will mention. It has an interesting name, and I think I have seen it on Electrode before, but still don't remember what it did exactly.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Quash is one more that sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure exactly what it does either. I know that I have never used it before.

I just looked it up to refresh my memory, and I'm still a bit confused. As I thought, it's non-damaging. It's goal is to make the opponent go last on the turn it is used, but it has no priority, so if your opponent moves before you then the move just fails--you can't use this move to slow down an opponent faster than you, it only works if the enemy moves after you...in which case you still wouldn't gain anything in a 1 on 1 trainer battle because you were already going to move first, and have just spent a turn not attacking when you could have done something. Unless there is a detail I am missing I can't figure out when this move would be good. Now if quash had priority to guarantee it struck first, and your opponent stayed under the effects of quash and got slow for some turns then I could see this move being threatening, but I don't think that's case.

Oh yeah I'm sure I had Quash used against me a few times but still couldn't figure out what it did.

Right now in my Black save my Throh has the move Storm Throw. It's a guaranteed critical hit, and even though I'm aware of this when I select it I still feel my face light up when I see "critical hit!" haha

Back