• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

pkmin3033

If we were lucky, it would have looked like a slime from Dragon Quest. If we weren't...well, fishing it up was probably a good idea.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

I would forgive Game Freak for all their faults if they made the Dragon Quest slime a Pokémon. xD They're unbearably cute, especially the one who helps you out in DQVII!!! Such a sweetheart. ;__;

Suppose I'll have to make do with shiny Ditto--it's certainly close enough. :D

pkmin3033

Just play Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, it's close enough to what you might be able to expect if that actually happened, haha. It's a shame the third game never made it to the West, but given how popular the series has become with XI, maybe we'll see a Switch continuation of that series in the future...

you have no idea how difficult it was to not make slime puns for this post

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

Ah, I completely forgot about that game! I meant to play it on DesMuMe because it looked awesome, but didn't find the time... Definitely gotta try it out. :D I would certainly love a DQ-like Pokémon game, at any rate. <3

Goo ahead, it's about slime we heard some puns! (slurp)

pkmin3033

Teeeeechnically speaking Pokemon titles are DQ-like games because monster catching as a gameplay mechanic originated from Dragon Quest V about 4 years before Gen I was released >:D
    DQ spinoffs are always pretty fun! Heroes was a fun distraction, and Builders is amazing. This coming from someone who adamantly refuses to play Minecraft. xD

Ooze gooing to make the most puns, I wonder? Only slime will tell...

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Gothita's line has always freaked me out a bit...it's the faces. But the Solosis line is just blobs of slime. Can't goo wrong with that. xD

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • 103 (?)

I guess at first I didn't really like them, but now it's better... that goes for both Gothita and Solosis lines

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Blobs are cute, and I love psychic types in general (though I agree, Gothita is... meh). Honestly, I love Goomy for that, it really shows how versatile the dragon type can be. Not just what we'd classically count as a dragon such as Charizard.

Whoa whoa, that's number 100! That makes you a ghostie! :o

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023

Yeah it was an interesting mechanic, but it is also annoying since you either need to grind for hours in a rainy place with low-leveled Pokemon or level up elsewhere and get close to the evolution level. Then fly to a rainy place and do the last amount of grinding there.

pkmin3033

You all have very...interesting definitions of the word "interesting" when it comes to game mechanics. Or maybe just more patience than I do. Although nothing was quite as annoying as having to trade to get Accelgor and Escavalier. xD

Whoa whoa, that's number 100! That makes you a ghostie! :o
    I think this is the second time this has happened :o

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

Sure, some of those evolution mechanics are fun, but some really aren't... especially if you have to get an Online pass thingy to even trade!

Years

I don't think I ever traded with another person during the link cable days... I didn't have friends as a child.

pkmin3033

My neighbour had Pokemon Blue, so I traded with him, but from that point forward I was on my own until Gen IV...and even then I've still cursed version exclusives since Day 1, because I don't like relying on other people for things. xD

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Moon was the only game of which I have an official copy and it took me a while to finish up the PokéDex because trading back and forth is a lot of effort. And not all that interesting to do tbh.

Remember having to flip the 3DS over to evolve Inkay? Fun times.

Yeah, that one is so weird! I like it a lot thematically.

Other than that not so much. There is no way someone could have figured that out without looking on the internet. I can imagine lots of people grinding Inkay to oblivion and waiting for the thing to finally evolve. xD

Back