• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
  • 54. Sorry I'm late, folks. When it comes to Pokemon music, here are my favorites region-wise:
    • Kanto: Pewter City theme (sounds basic though)
    • Johto: early routes theme (Route 29 perhaps?)
    • Hoenn: rainy / weather mess climax (the drought one is super creepy tho)
    • Sinnoh: Giratina battle theme
    • Unova: Route 10 and Iris champion battle theme
    • Kalos: Snowbelle City (?) theme
    • Alola: kahuna battle theme
    • Almia: Altru Tower and Ranger School themes
    • Oblivia: Arceus battle theme
    Sorry for the extras btw.

Wow, why did this stop? I think the ghosts scared everyone away... So, what's up folks?
    Well, Audino. I'm new here, so...

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

Well then, let's give the ghosts some company!

Have you guys heard much of the soundtrack from Sword/Shield yet? If so, what's been your favourite track? I haven't had the opportunity yet myself, but I'm going to change that soon! :D

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • 57. Sword and Shield soundtracks, huh? Nope, not yet. I'd rather wait for the official ones for the music (even though I'm fine with the leaks otherwise).

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • 59. This thread is like a phoenix.

Favourite music includes all of Sinnoh's routes
    Cynthia
    Primal Dialga theme
    Sea of Time
    Welcome to Alola~
    Red/Lance Theme
    RIval Silver's Theme
    Uhh, Ultra Necrozma
    Gladion
    Dennis
    N battle themes
    Route 15 from Kalos

Aaaah, there's a lot, but these are my top faves. Look, I said "all of Sinnoh" right at the beginning :rowlyikes:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

(Oooh, welcome back, Dawn!! ^^ It's been quite a long time since we've seen you around this thread!)

Primal Dialga theme
    Sea of Time

YESSS, I'm totally with you on these! The PMD Explorers soundtrack will always have a special place in my heart, and those two tracks are among my very favorites! While we're here, I'd also like to throw in Hidden Highland and Don't Ever Forget. These in particular flood my heart with so much emotion every time I hear them... ;__;

pkmin3033

63. I may or may not have forgotten it was here xD

tbh I actually think the PMD series is the best Pokemon has ever been. It has a superior narrative, a much better soundtrack, and more engaging gameplay. It also made the transition from 2D to 3D much more gracefully - Super Mystery Dungeon's models were much brighter and more colourful than the mainline 3DS titles.

...we'll just quietly forget that Gates to Infinity was ever a thing...

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years

How is it? I hear people say it's not as good as the previous titles. And your new avatar, isn't it from Monster Hunter? And I agree with you on PMD, it is very underrated.

I'd also like to throw in Hidden Highland and Don't Ever Forget.

Aargh , how could I not mention these?! 'Hidden Highland' had an ominous yet pleasant feel at the same time, (opinions) like something is happening and something bigger will happen, but be wary even now or else you won't reach the future. Also, don't stress too much! But I can't ever forget 'Don't Ever Forget' =(

pkmin3033

How is it? I hear people say it's not as good as the previous titles. And your new avatar, isn't it from Monster Hunter? And I agree with you on PMD, it is very underrated.
    It's...very watered-down. Putting it kindly. It is to other PMD titles as Pokemon Conquest is to other SRPGs - painfully basic and uninspired. It's also very Unova-focused, which I found to be off-putting...not only because I'm not overly keen on Unova, but because part of the appeal of the PMD titles for me is their inclusion of every Pokemon to date. Playing a Pokemon game where you actually CAN catch 'em all is very appealing.

Well, I suppose if you want to get technical about it you can only do that in Blue/Red Rescue Team and SMD, although the Explorers games are great as well for it. To be fair, Shaymin and Darkrai weren't officially revealed at the time of Darkness/Time, and Arceus was at least included as a statue at the top of that godawful dungeon in Sky. xD

And yes, it's Azure Rathalos~

Meadow

Years

tbh I actually think the PMD series is the best Pokemon has ever been. It has a superior narrative, a much better soundtrack, and more engaging gameplay. It also made the transition from 2D to 3D much more gracefully - Super Mystery Dungeon's models were much brighter and more colourful than the mainline 3DS titles.

This. This 100%! These are my exact feelings about the Mystery Dungeon series in relation to the other Pokémon games, though I can't really comment about Gates to Infinity since I never had a chance to play it, haha. I'm guessing I'm not missing out on too much, then? xD

pkmin3033

67. Well, in my opinion you're better off not playing it, but narrative is a subjective thing, and you might enjoy it more than I did...probably worth picking up if you can find it for a reasonable price if you're a fan of the PMD series. Then again, there are many, MANY better games you could spend your time and money on. xD

Meadow

Years

probably worth picking up if you can find it for a reasonable price if you're a fan of the PMD series. Then again, there are many, MANY better games you could spend your time and money on. xD

Oh! Luckily for me, I received a used copy of the game for free last year, but I kinda let it sit on my shelf and haven't really touched it yet! 😅

So at the very least, I won't have to worry about spending money on it, ahaha. As for spending time... we'll see! xP

pkmin3033

Best to see if the mood to play it ever takes you, then! Or if you find the time for it...that's a relatable mood. I have many, many games that I wish I had time for. xD;

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    Boxing day today!
    I'm waiting to get my hands on my 3ds, it's been a while since I've played the Omega Ruby nuzlocke. I have no idea how Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia is as a game, though I've known it for a while. It's at some corner of my mind, but all I know about it is it exists. :rowlyikes:

Anyway, has anyone here played Pokemon Masters? I started playing about two weeks ago and it seems interesting. I liked it more than GO because I don't have to move xp How's your experience been?

pkmin3033

71. I have not played Pokemon Masters yet...honestly, mobile games aren't really my thing. I DID play Pokemon Go for about six months but I got fed up with it, and my phone now is reserved mostly for browsing the internet, checking the BBC News app, and doing lots of Happy Colour. xD

I have decided to play through Pokemon White and White 2 next year...wish me luck. I'm going to need it =x

Meadow

Years

I'm not much of a mobile game person either, ahaha—I only use my phone for very few things, since I tend to be out of touch and all! But I have played a tiny bit of Pokémon GO from my sister's phone a few years ago, if that counts for anything!

I wish I could comment on Pokémon Masters, but I know literally nothing about the game as of right now! ^^; How's it like, Sid? =)

I have decided to play through Pokemon White and White 2 next year...wish me luck. I'm going to need it =x

Ooooh, I wonder what brings you to Unova? I remember you mentioning not long ago that you weren't too keen on it! x3

At any rate, good luck!! I'm sure you won't have any trouble beating the games, but whether they hold your interest is another story. :o

Back