• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Oooo a Torchic plush sounds cool! Though if I was to have a choice in what Pokemon plush to get then I'd go with Dunsparce.

pkmin3033

I think Dunsparce only has one plush, right? The recent-ish Johto collection one that was released in Japanese Pokecenters? I wish they'd do every other generation in that style, so I can dream about having a full set. xD

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

EDIT: Nevermind got mixed up haha! What kind of ghost were you again, Dawn? A permanent one? Otherwise I think Eleanor cleansed you and I!

Anyway, my favourite Pokémon never seem to get any plushies. :( I would love a quality Shinx plush and also that Helioptile one is super cute! A lot of the Shinx ones look hilariously bootleg, though, haha.

I have one plush, a Mudkip. I'd love more, it's just there's so little room to keep them and they're insanely expensive. :<

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I forgot to claim a Pokemon for the first page...oh well. I'll just have to try and hit 200 and become eternally damned get one then. xD

It's the eyes, I think. They can never get the eyes right with Shinx - the only one I've seen do so is this fanmade one which I just remembered existed. Custom plushies seem to vary wildly in quality but ones you can commission are always good quality...just pricey. Everything costs too much money ;-;

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

I always hang around to become a ghost but get ninja'd every time. xD

Yeah Shinx's eyes are tricky, even to draw (if you're doing it the official way)! I can never make them look right - they're just kind of creepy. 😅

I'm even quite a spendthrift when I want to be so normally I don't let prices bother me that much, but if I'm going to pay $30 - $60 (average plushie price here) I'd rather it be on something with at least one practical use. :( Unless it's for a collection, but I certainly can't afford to collect things at this point in my life!

Eleanor said:

What ghost did you want to be? :D

pkmin3033

RIP...or not. xD;

Prices from official sources are pretty horrifying, especially when you can get them for a fraction of the price on eBay...but on eBay you run the risk of getting a counterfeit product even if it looks genuine. Welp.
    I don't think there ever comes a time when collecting things is affordable unless you either make a six figure salary or win the lottery. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023

Yeah.....though recently I've been thinking of maybe making plushies? More as a hobby and since it would be a decent thing to do to pass the time. Since we are still suppose to be quarantined and not go out as much. So a hobby like that could be helpful to passing the time and destressing. Along with making something that no one is really making or selling.

pkmin3033

There are a lot of plushie makers on Etsy I think. If you can make them, power to you - that kind of thing looks extremely complicated to me xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023

Yeah I would think so as well. I think it would be a bit easier to do like cubes and triangles, but like making a paw or something might be challenging cause of the shape.

pkmin3033

Maybe start with something like a Porygon? Although I imagine that might be a bit difficult to stuff properly to keep the angles...honestly, I don't have the faintest idea! My mother has always been the one into crafting in the family - drawing was more my thing. Not that I'm very good at that either. Good luck to you if you decide to start :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023

I would think Porygon is both easy yet hard since you have to figure out how to attach all the shapes together. And when stitching the pieces together, you typically pull it inside out so the stitches are on the inside and the seams are on the outside that is not that visible.

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years

I would be terrified to rip a porygon plush apart since I would assume the pieces would be held together at the corners.

I have a crocheted psyduck that I got at a flea market last year. I adore him, he rides around in the back window of my car!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

that's cool! and yeah, i'd figure that stuff like wobbuffet would be easier to make as a plush than porygon.

What ghost did you want to be? :D

Porygon-Z if possible! I know it's not a ghost but it basically is in the anime, since it appeared for just 2 seconds in a movie and that's it.

pkmin3033

I want a Lucario punching bag...or just something Lucario-based that I can inflict damage on. xD

Years

Some day I'll give you my old Lucario Poke Plush and you can do whatever you want to it. xD

pkmin3033

Better stand by with the fire extinguisher >:3
    Also why do you have a Lucario plush

Years

I liked Lucario when I was 13 and it was actually my first Pokemon Center purchase I think.

pkmin3033

Huh. That said, I liked things I do not wish to speak of when I was teenager too. xD

Back