• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Masuda is back directing - but has he ever left?

Masuda is back directing – but has he ever left?

Masuda is back directing – but has he ever left?

He said he was going to stop after Let’s GO, but is back co-directing the Sinnoh games already.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I penned an article discussing things relating to Masuda co-directing these remakes, despite the games being developed by a different company.

Years
  • i guess so much for stepping back and letting the younger generation take over, huh Masuda?

to give him credit, he has done some rather admirable work in the past, but i really think he should perhaps step aside longer term so more fresh faces can work on the pokemon games. letting another company like ILCA develop the dp remakes is already a step in the right direction, but it's hard to tell how much influence Masuda is going to have on that project.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I'm slightly upset at myself for never realizing I could comment on these articles...but well written.

and it covers about everything I could be concerned about; so if he's on the sinnoh remake team, does that mean he's uninvolved with the arceus project?
    At least as of now.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • i guess so much for stepping back and letting the younger generation take over, huh Masuda?

to give him credit, he has done some rather admirable work in the past, but i really think he should perhaps step aside longer term so more fresh faces can work on the pokemon games. letting another company like ILCA develop the dp remakes is already a step in the right direction, but it's hard to tell how much influence Masuda is going to have on that project.
    He certainly did a lot for the franchise, but I do agree that he's been around so darn much, even when not directing... one wonders how much influence he has.
    I'm slightly upset at myself for never realizing I could comment on these articles...but well written.

and it covers about everything I could be concerned about; so if he's on the sinnoh remake team, does that mean he's uninvolved with the arceus project?
    At least as of now.
    Well, better late than never? Haha. Thanks for the compliment.

I wouldn't count on it - he is part of the higher ups of Game Freak, so I'd be surprised if he was completely uninvolved there.
    good article!

i also never knew i could comment on these.
    Thanks! And now you know.

Years
  • He certainly did a lot for the franchise, but I do agree that he's been around so darn much, even when not directing... one wonders how much influence he has.

still wild to me that Satoshi Taijiri hasn't (to my knowledge?) appears in any major interviews in years. you'd think the guy who's at the helm of Game Freak would say something, at the very least.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I honestly assume Masuda is still a key decision maker, and that's why he's still around as much as he is.

As for Taijiri, all I know is he hasn't been involved with Pokemon directly since rse, so I assume that's why he doesn't do interviews anymore.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I think he will always be present if it comes to remakes, but only until Gen 5, because I don't believe that Gen 6 onward will have a remake in the near future.

Years
  • I think he will always be present if it comes to remakes, but only until Gen 5, because I don't believe that Gen 6 onward will have a remake in the near future.

I think he should be present for any remakes such as let's go, or any other future generations that haven't been remade.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I didn't even realize Pokemon X/Y are turning 8 years old in a few days

Back