• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like your favorite Pokemon's shiny?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Kabutops and Ursaring: why you so green? (seriously though?)
    Jumpluff in pink is soooo cute.

Years
  • Jumpluff in pink is soooo cute.

Omg yeah! I forgot about this one.

189-00-shiny.png

It's so beautiful!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Shiny Celebi is cute! Shiny Gardevoir is cool, Phione doesn't really change much. Shiny Azumarill I can live without, same with Scizor. Skarmory I'm kind of on the fence. The green looks a little strange, but greyish color looks actually pretty ok.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    - Shiny Cosmog leaves a lot to be desired. The red cheeks are cute, but the rest is the same.

- Shiny Victini is kinda uninteresting.

- Shiny Dhelmise is striking with the red seaweed. I'm proud to have one.

- Shiny Braviary is majestic. Love the blue.

- Shiny Glaceon is okay. The colors are a bit faded.

Years
  • Glaceon: no. unless you pull the normal and a shiny side by side, you can't even tell. I like distinct shinies.
    Milotic: yes, absolutely amazing shiny.
    Salamence/Kommo-o: yes, nice different coloring.
    Delphox: honestly don't know. it's different enough, but not really the best colors imo.
    Ribombee: yes, no complaints.
    Gigalith: love it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It's kind of hard to say. There's not a whole lot you can do with a Zekrom shiny since it's literally the Deep Black/Black Yin Pokemon, you don't have much for color options lol (though this is fine).

In Gen 5 I prefer the original to the shiny since it's a real black and not the like....dark gray-green the shiny is. But after Gen 5 OG Zekrom is a medium or dark gray color for some reason and that narrows things a lot, to the point that idk if I have preference.

Would love to see it become black again, and for the difference between the shiny and non-shiny forms to be the color of the electricity pulsing within it. I mean, it does that already (the shiny is green electricity while the non-shiny is blue), but I want both to have the black color, and there's other colors that could be cool for the electricity too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2023
    My favorite is Goodra, and i love its shiny. Because it the color looks like a glue which Goodra really is.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Yes!!! I think Kantonian Ninetales has one of the loveliest shinies. The silvery purple colour is indescribably breathtaking!!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I love shiny Arcanine, PC user Sirfetch'd / Chase gave me one on Y years back when he found a shiny Growlithe in-game. It was cute and I love the shiny for that reason :D

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Charjabug's could be better, but it also could be worse. It's alright.
    Golurk's is alright too. Bonus points for having neon green in there.
    Tropius's is pretty bland.

JanicePlayground

Janice Playground
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Gardevoir

Well.... I absolutely LOVE her Shiny Mega Evolution. That black dress is beautiful.

Now... for the rest, nope. I prefer my regular green Gardevoir.

Years
  • I know green fits with the grass type, but the weird lime green on Torterra ruins everything he stands for to me, so no. Also, regular Torterra is literally all my favorite colors combined.

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    I do not. Shiny Grimmsnarl. Good god, it undoes everything awesome about the design. He looks like there's no Dark at all and he's just a mono-type Fairy pokemon.

Years
  • Espeon: Nope not at all, I wish she was more blue for her shiny.
    Jolteon: Its ok not good but a far better looking green shiny than Espeon.
    Vanillite: LOVE IT, The shiny couldn't be anymore perfect, the Pokémon is based off an Ice Cream and having its normal Vanilla look turn to a more strawberry look is great!
    Audino: I like it, its nothing to rave about It looks cool.
    Mudkip: Its ok, most water/blue looking Pokémon tend to get the Blue to purple treatment with their shinies and this is one I can't complain about really, its ok.
    Butterfree: I love this shiny, although its nothing drastic Its a great color swap that suites the Pokémon.
    Emboar: By far one of THE BEST shinies period, any Pokemon that as an open flame on its body should immediately be change to a bad ass color, blue, purple, its just perfect.
    Bulbasaur: Its fine, its just more green although I prefer Ivysaur and Venusaurs shinies over Bulbasaur only because their bulbs are yellow instead of red.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • This should be obvious for me, but yes. Black and blue has always been one of my favorite color combos. Outside of Umbreon my next favorite, Zoroark, also has a nice color combo, purple and black/gray.

Back