• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: A gameplay preview just dropped for Pokémon Legends: Arceus

A gameplay preview just dropped for Pokémon Legends: Arceus

A gameplay preview just dropped for Pokémon Legends: Arceus

Gathering items seems to be a key aspect, and you can distract wild Pokémon with Berries. NPCs can also make requests.
Years
  • Not much in the way of new and massively exciting things to discuss, but I'm happy finally seeing some more gameplay to get a feel for the game! Looks pretty fluid most of the time. One of those NPCs looked so much like Caitlin's butler though, really cannot unsee that aha. I can't wait to learn more about them. \o/

Years
  • Newer things are mainly the fact that u can distract pokemon with berries, items can be found everywhere in the map and can be used for crafting (could be noticed in the old trailers as well tho), NPC can give u more missions to accomplish. It's said that the Arc Phone is a map, which could be understood from another trailer. They said it's a strange device, therefore I m expecting some good focus on this. Time travel/Multiverse could be a thing. I hope, at least lol. More details on the Agile and Strong Style. They're nice and they consume more PP. Also, when the character catches the shinx and then gives it to the NPC, it can be noticed that it has a 3 in one of its statistics. That's the mechanics that could replace EV/IV in this game. As we already know, statistics are very different in this game, they're higher. There are circles near statistics with a number inside. This is just mere speculation, but if the caught shinx already had that 3 stat, then i guess they could quite work like EV. I think they can be boosted in some way too tho, like EV. I m just speculating tho.

Years
  • It looks pretty much exactly how I imagined it - watered down MH. The world looks empty, NPCs in the city stay still and lifeless on the streets, wild Pokémon just disappear after fainting and don't react at all to you catching their kin. I also fear it will be one huge boring grind. The bossfight and quests shown at least left me with this feeling. On the other hand the battle system looks like a nice improvement over mainline games', the crafting and item gathering might be fun and I like that your Pokémon can interact with enviroment.

I don't have much hope that it will run as smoothly and without bugs on launch as it did in the trailer tho, given that GF had sometimes problem with FPS drops when 2 Pokémon appeared on the screen in previous titles. It does run better than what was shown in the announcement trailer, but any powerpoint presentation can run better.

Years
  • It looks pretty much exactly how I imagined it - watered down MH. The world looks empty, NPCs in the city stay still and lifeless on the streets, wild Pokémon just disappear after fainting and don't react at all to you catching their kin. I also fear it will be one huge boring grind. The bossfight and quests shown at least left me with this feeling. On the other hand the battle system looks like a nice improvement over mainline games', the crafting and item gathering might be fun and I like that your Pokémon can interact with enviroment.

I don't have much hope that it will run as smoothly and without bugs on launch as it did in the trailer tho, given that GF had sometimes problem with FPS drops when 2 Pokémon appeared on the screen in previous titles. It does run better than what was shown in the announcement trailer, but any powerpoint presentation can run better.

When it comes to graphics and technical part, PLA never seemed like a good game, from the first trailer. Even if I haven't played any other open map game on the Switch yet, I can recognize many other games definitely look better. All I can say is that I feel like the good part of PLA may be the new gameplay and the story. I mean, those are my hopes at least. It looked like they wanted to be more careful about those two things, so I really hope they will turn out great. They have the opportunity to make a really good story and speculate on gen4 and the whole pokemon lore. I hope they will.

Years
  • Stealth Rock doing damage right away is pretty interesting, I wonder how many other moves will be altered like that? For SR it makes sense since it normally does damage on swapping and your opponent wild Pokémon can't really swap at all. Perhaps moves like Pursuit will have some kind of buff instead (like higher critical chance or something) to make up for the fact that the enemy can't switch so double power isn't possible. Curious to see what changes will happen there!

Years
  • Stealth Rock doing damage right away is pretty interesting, I wonder how many other moves will be altered like that? For SR it makes sense since it normally does damage on swapping and your opponent wild Pokémon can't really swap at all. Perhaps moves like Pursuit will have some kind of buff instead (like higher critical chance or something) to make up for the fact that the enemy can't switch so double power isn't possible. Curious to see what changes will happen there!

could be just a case, but i m considering the fact that in this game every move is basically an attack. Even roar is seen making damage

Years
  • Am I the only one who just thinks this game looks both pretty and really fun? I get more hyped for it with each subsequent video I see. I have to admit though, I'm very curious about how Stealth Rock did damage there. Maybe it's because the Kleavor was using Strong Style? Or is it because switches aren't a thing?

Years
  • Am I the only one who just thinks this game looks both pretty and really fun? I get more hyped for it with each subsequent video I see. I have to admit though, I'm very curious about how Stealth Rock did damage there. Maybe it's because the Kleavor was using Strong Style? Or is it because switches aren't a thing?

I m so excited lol. I like the game, I just think that graphically it could have been way better. If u compare it to some other nintendo switch games u can see how worse this looks. But about the content of the game, it looks quite rich and especially innovative, which is what many fans, me included, were waiting for :)

Years
  • I m so excited lol. I like the game, I just think that graphically it could have been way better. If u compare it to some other nintendo switch games u can see how worse this looks. But about the content of the game, it looks quite rich and especially innovative, which is what many fans, me included, were waiting for :)

Idk, I think some people expect too much from a franchise that has always been very stylised.

Years
  • Idk, I think some people expect too much from a franchise that has always been very stylised.

it's still one of the most profitable ones tho. U expect more when u realize many man people support the franchise. Given that, u expect GF to always do their best to make happy their fans and expand their fanbase as well. But that's another matter. Reality is that they don't really need to put much effort into a game because they will still have a huge amount of people buying the game anyway. Given that, pokemon games, despite everything, are surely not bad games. When it comes to fan expectations, we'll never be happy lol, because everyone wants something different in the games. But going back to the main topic: PLA, at least in its content, seems to be good. Graphically, they should have done more.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • We've also seen New Snap look pretty darn nice, both in Pokemon animations and environments. Much different to a game that aims to have large open areas (if not really "open world"), but you compare PLA to New Snap, or other major Switch games including launch titles, and it appears to fall quite short.

I am guessing gameplay will be fun from what we have seen and that's my first/main concern with any game, but I am already unimpressed with the visuals, albeit not really surprised. Tbh I think of all the mainline series games on Switch, it's the first one - Let's GO - that had the best overall visuals. Swsh had a few places here and there that outshone it, certainly, but those were few and far between, or only contained a small space with little to do in them.

Back