• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
The game sounds awsome but I think I'll wait to play it untill the next beta comes out. Could you PM me when it does?
Sure! I'll add you onto a (just started) list.

Hi! I just played the beta... It's really good! I'm no expert on anything when it comes to hacking so I can't really give much feedback... But I liked it a lot, and can't wait for the next release!

I found a tile that I can't walk through that I should be able to. Maybe you wanna check it out - it's the one my character is looking at in the following screen shot.

tileglitchinpokemonshiningopal.png
I discovered it earlier, but I was too far in the game to fix it. Just walk around it until the next Beta.

Oh good, it's nice to see some more posting, I was worried a bit then. ^^

Hope it's going well.
Yup, it is!

It's been a few days since someone has posted here, and I played the beta.
I must say, I loved it! ^^
Every script was really cool, and, though Mikachu seemed like a legendary..it's experience gain was hard, but the stats seemed similar to those of the average level 5 starter, which was good! ^^
The sprite was a mere edit, with the ears, and a nice mixture on the sprite between pink and yellow would've been cool too, but, that's okay.

I laughed when I just saw a ton of Police men every where saying the same thing! xD
I look forward to playing the next beta, and hopefully you haven't given up.

Well, good luck~
Hey, thanks for the awesome review! As I've already said, "No, I haven't given up."

hey i played the beta and it was great but il tell u some things i would change
1.the first pokemon gym should be in the town after where you placed it with the gyms pokemon at least lv 9 - 10
2.the mikachu sprite which i sent you
3.put more encounters and only the first evo of pokemon in the first few grass patches.
4.besides this it was a great hack and i loved it
5.if you liked my mikachu can you let me try and remake the rival sprite for you
6.oh and can you please tell me the unlz number for the hero back sprite
thanks
1. No, I like my order better, but now the second gym is farther away.
2. I'm doing that now.
3. Done.
4. Thanks!
5. Sure! The thing is, don't remake it directly; that is to say, let me send you a request by PM with more specific details and you can get started.
6. The hero backsprite's not on Un-Lz! There's a tutorial on how to edit it here.

Well, guys, thanks for supporting my hack! It might have started out small, but, slowly, it got better until a lot of people saw it and played it (namely, you guys!) and helped me find many glitches in the game. Thanks to some people who sent me sprites and those people who have helped me with scripts and all those whose tutorials I use frequently. Also, thanks to the guy that started me on the road to hacking: zel!

Expect new screenshots coming later on in the week!

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Lol, the mew and the pikachu combined. Good luck.

Sierraffinity

Years
I've been redoing most of the starting towns, and Rio's Lab now has a second story, Zigger Town has been expanded to more than twice its original size, Vantrek City gets some new routes leading to the north and east, and of course:
THE NEW RINTO BUS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!
More info on that to come.

New screenshots and videos to come, too!

Spread the word! Shining Opal's NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I've been redoing most of the starting towns, and Rio's Lab now has a second story, Zigger Town has been expanded to more than twice its original size, Vantrek City gets some new routes leading to the north and east, and of course:
THE NEW RINTO BUS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!
More info on that to come.

New screenshots and videos to come, too!

Spread the word! Shining Opal's NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Towns and Routes Bigger = More Gameplay and more space to explore.

Can't wait to find out how does the Bus System work.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
do you have the yellow PikaMew conbow on here that one's my favorite, it's yellow like pikachu and has Pikachu tail and ears, it's body's shaped like Mew's and it has Mew's arms and legs, that's the only part on it that's Mew is the body shape, the shape of the arms and the shape of the legs the rest looks like Pikachu

Sierraffinity

Years
Towns and Routes Bigger = More Gameplay and more space to explore.

Can't wait to find out how does the Bus System work.
The Bus System is pretty cool. You just have to wait!

do you have the yellow PikaMew conbow on here that one's my favorite, it's yellow like pikachu and has Pikachu tail and ears, it's body's shaped like Mew's and it has Mew's arms and legs, that's the only part on it that's Mew is the body shape, the shape of the arms and the shape of the legs the rest looks like Pikachu
That's on another hack.

axelrulezyeah

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
diego maybe you can update the thread with new photos cus im pretty sure people have been waiting to c them cus i have

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
ok, but that's not really answering my question of that 'you could tell me in my profile.'

axelrulezyeah

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
wow the new screens are great maybe u should tell people that the beta is different from the pics like in captions befor the download

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
Years
Wait, it's not finished? I thought it was... Hm, oh well. I'm behind ya all the way, and when I learn how, I'll also help you by inserting music! As soon as I'm done putting radios in my game...

zlayer200

Sw3den H4ck3r ;d
Years
Hey, this game looks great.
Im gonna try it when i get home frm school, like in 1hour.
Keep it up with the good work, then this hack might be one of the best.

Back