• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y: Released EVERYWHERE October 2013.

blue

gucci
Years
So, the localization comes within the same month as Japan rather than waiting several months! Although, the wait til the Release date is longer than usual (9 Months) How do you feel about this?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Great, at least I don't have to feel jealous of the Japanese people getting their games a lot earlier than the rest of the world.

Years
Longer than usual? Nah, it feels about right. Usually Pokemon games tend to come out in the fall in Japan and then Spring of the next year. Seeing as how 3DS games are region locked, I think this is a good thing. Now if only they had done this with Animal Crossing: New Leaf...

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I LOVE this! I'm very glad they were able to pull this off. Since the whole world can start playing the games at the same time, hopefully there will be even more connectivity features and shared Wi-Fi events!

Years
I really didn't see this coming, as it is very normal for Japan to get the games way before us. It is an interesting move from them, but one I am not complaining about.​

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I loved the fact that they're releasing the game worldwide at the same time, it's fair.
As for the 9 month wait, that's perfectly fine, I still have BW2 to take care of first.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I have a feeling Game Freak might be in sync since Black 2 and White 2 announcement is posted internationally after Pokemon Smash episode. And I think they are going to the right track that worldwide will receive Pokemon games at the same time!

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
A pleasant surprise from Nintendo to release the game simultaneously around the world. Kudos to them. This can only be a good thing for the franchise and hopefully pokemon will become a stronger entity because of it.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I didn't expect this actually, since usually Japan gets their hands on the games at least a couple of months earlier :3. But yeah it was quite a shock and good on Gamefreak for doing this :)

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
It's a wonderful surprise and a great idea. : D When Iwata mentioned during Red and Green that the delay had always been there for future releases, I thought he might be talking about a simultaneous release, but this is awesome. : D The Trailer looked so pretty.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
'Longer than usual' could just be that they announced it earlier than usual, is all.

About time though, I say. Good to see this, let's see if it actually ends up happening though.

Years
I love this! Normally it's a struggle to prevent myself from reading all about the storyline beforehand from those who can understand japanese, and by the time I actually get the Australian release I'm so far behind. Now I'm going to be right up there, a totally fresh plotline, unaware of exactly what is going to be coming up for the first time since my original Red and then Silver versions, almost 14 years ago!

When I got Sapphire in 2003, my cousin who I was staying with had already played through the game and that kind of ruined it. Diamond I read through the entirety of Marriland's walkthrough on GameFaqs because a) I didn't have an NDS and b) I couldn't wait to understand this new gen! HG/SS were awesome, but the plot was essentially nothing new, and I never got Black/White/B2/W2 until well after, when so many people had already figured out every aspect of the game.

So I love the simultaneous release!

\frantic typing

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I'm so glad this is happening. This way, every country learns about the game at exactly the same time. Hopefully they'll keep with this tradition.

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder where will get it first though, so it's October 2013 for everyone but assuming this game is based in Europe from the scenery, I'm hoping that Europe actually get it the earliest.

Years
Well, it won't be out on my Birthday, as that is a Sunday. Maybe the Friday or something?

Either way, I will end up buying it with that money. Haha.​

!Gambit

Pokemon Trainer Jessie Ryder
Years
I think this is bloody brilliant. I cannot wait. Now it'll kinda be a free for all to see who can figure everything out first, the Americans, the Europeans, or the Japanese xD

Years
Well, it won't be out on my Birthday, as that is a Sunday. Maybe the Friday or something?

Either way, I will end up buying it with that money. Haha.​

It's a little more unfortunate for me though, my birthday's only at the beginning of October so I guess it'll have to be a Christmas present for me again like with Black 2 and White 2 last year.

As for release speculation, I could probably see Europe coming first in international release, but I would be disappointed if Australia comes last like with Black and White.

The only time the land down under started a new generation in English was Gold & Silver.

Back