• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite video game?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • The last thread of this died, so, I just wanna pop the big question once more! What is your favorite video game of all time, and why? :3

TY

My all-time favorite game is Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

This game is a ton of fun, easy to learn and just a awesome RTS. The factions are pretty much balanced and being able to set a "Tech level" delivered a lot of fun aswell. I spend years on this game and im still playing it since EA released it as freeware.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • Mine are (In no specific order) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Portal, Kingdom Hearts, Farcry 3, Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Warcraft III.

Those are the games that really left me with so many hours of gameplay in their own genres they are all amazing!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Tales of Symphonia
    Tales of the Abyss

I used to bounce between these two as favorites but now I just decided that if you try to make me choose between the two I will flip tables. :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Don't we have thread with TOP 10 somewhere? =D

Persona 3 Portable.

The feeling and enjoyement from the game was something that no game could replicate so far.
    Even Persona 4 Golden comes close after it =D

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Xenoblade Chronicles is still standing strong as my favourite game of all time.

There so many things that Xenoblade did right that I was just astounded when I first played it. There is armour customization, great sound track, a variety of things to do in the world, fun battle system, likeable character, decent story, etc. I could go even further on, but I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I really enjoyed Xenoblade.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    c/p'd from an older thread

I can't really pick between the two, as I tend to prefer the other every second day. I came to realization that they're incomparable and I can't really exactly pick one to consider a favorite, not to mention I actually play them back to back (and this works really well, both of these games complement each other) so this makes it all the harder for me to choose, so I'll just say both.

As for the games themselves...there's not much beyond that I enjoy them. A lot. Wario Land 4 isn't even the best platformer, but it does things that I really wish more platformers did. There's something so offbeat and unique about it, and I can't stress the fact that there really isn't a single platformer like it, not even the other games in the series. What it excels at it does so well; this game has undeniably some of the best level design and use of item placement in any platformer. The levels are long, but they don't drag (coughyoshisislandcough) because they are paced exceptionally well and they are completely cohesive. Every thing in each stage complements each other so well, and leads to one another perfectly. But the thing about WL4 is about how everything placed in the design has a purpose. Enemies aren't just "there", they're either placed in a spot where they can be a hindrance to your progression, or even placed for you to USE them. This is the same for power ups. The game conveniently lets you use each power up or enemy to solve a puzzle or progress through the level. It's all about using what the games gives you to get the best possible outcome. Speedrunning? Top score? Everything is accounted for. WL4 also has collectibles that are required to beat the game. But here's the catch: The fun is in getting them, and they are hidden very well. When it comes to collectibles, most platformers either just make it hard to get, or obscure it completely with no hints. WL4 REWARDS the player with these collectibles just for searching through nooks and crannies.
    There's really nothing wrong with Wario Land 4's design. Everyone can pick up and play it, because the level design and controls are pretty much flawless. It's just that not everyone can really appreciate it. It's so offbeat and strange, like I said before, that no one is really used to it. And that's fine, but on the other hand, I love what it achieves and consider its shortcomings to be negligible.

Warioware Inc isn't just a weird and offbeat game to a specific genre, it's insane in general. The fast paced action mixed with the zaniness of it really sets it apart. I mean, score attack based on how many consecutive wins you can get on 3 seconds minigame? How does that work? Well, Inc. does it SOMEHOW. When I typed that, I actually just wondered myself how the hell they managed to make something as ridiculously sounding as that so enormously fun and addictive. It's an achievement. The game is just a joy to play. Really. The only way I could tell someone why Warioware is good is saying it's "fun". I really don't need anything else, because it's true. On top of that, it's replayable, because the game throws so many stuff at you that even after years of playing you'll still be surprised and keep wanting to play more. While the later games in the series might be better (Twisted, in particular), Inc. is still this crazy concept in its purest form, and that's why it's my favorite.

Years
  • Such a tough decision >.< I feel like the PS3 games I own, a majority of them warrant a mention or at least place in the top 5 of my all-time favourite D: Regarding classics, I would definitely say Ocarina of Time is my favourite because it brings back memories to the N64 I used to own and now looking back, I really wish I hadn't sold the console along with the games I owned :( As far as recent titles, The Last of Us! There's a few JRPGs that are particularly great, but TLOU was a different type of game and a very anticipated one. I was one of those people who was got excited about it because of the hype it was getting around the video game community so I thought might as well give it a try. Absolutely don't regret my decision :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have a lot of favorites; it'd be impossible for me to pick just one. One of them, though, would have to be Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. When I first played this game on my N64, I was quite addicted. Whenever I had free time and felt like playing video games, first game I would ever turn on this. For me, it was pretty fun and enjoyable. I played the 3DS remake version as well, and enjoyed it even more. Besides Ocarina of Time, Assassin's Creed II is another of my favorites. Personally, I found the story to be very engaging. When playing, I felt as if I was actually a part of the game, and not someone who's just viewing the events from a television screen. :p

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Not sure how I'd define my 'favorite'. I don't have a single all time great, but I'll just list some games I've lost countless hours on:

BF3, Any Elder Scrolls, DOTA, Starcraft 1 & 2, Madden, Any Zelda game

Years
  • My answer never changes, as I'll always say that Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is my favorite video game, even though it was the very first one that I played everything's been downhill from there...

I've played the game on at least 7 different consoles/devices now (Genesis, PS2, PS3, PSP, iPod, DS and PC), yet I never get bored playing it again, even if I know the intricacies of each zone off by heart. Something about the simple, fast-paced gameplay, the music, the level designs and the surprisingly good graphics for its time got me hooked, and kept me there.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • While some people may not like this game's controls, Kid Icarus: Uprising is my absolute favourite game of all time. There's just so much to like about it, from its quirky bunch of (chatty) characters to its very addicting multiplayer. The music is also fantastic, and playing on 9.0 intensity is never dull.

A main complaint people have with the game is the controls; "Why can't we use dual sticks?" They ask. Well, that'd make the controls much more unresponsive compared to the stylus. And for a game like Kid Icarus, you need to be responsive.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • My list is far too long! I can't pick a favourite! ^_^

Here are just a couple. This list could go on forever. :P
    Terraria
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Age of Empires II
    Command & Conqueror: Tiberian Sun
    The Last Story
    Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Eternal Sonata
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Advanced Wars: Dual Strike
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Yup, quite a few there! I couldn't leave one out. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Lufia: The Legend Returns

Metorid Other M

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Portal 2

Super Paper Mario

Just a few of my favorites I really enjoyed.

Years
  • Tony Hawk's Underground.

This may sound like an odd choice, but it has a surprisingly deep story and characters, as well as exploration, for the format of an extreme sports game. The music is very wide-ranging and somehow all fits, and the levels are very meticulously designed and interesting to explore. The level customization is also the most in-depth of the series. My God, I freaking adore this game.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • lol but I have so many! XD (in no order here are some)

The Last of Us
    The Walking Dead
    Bioshock 1 & Infinite
    GTA 5
    Skyrim
    L4D2 (my guilty pleasure) XD

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Favorite Video Game?

My 2 favorite video games are battlefront 2, and Battlefield 4. What are YOUR favorite games?
    Sone other good games were:
    Every halo (heck, even Wars was decent!)
    Battlefront 1
    Battlefield bad company 2
    Black ops 1 and 2
    Pokemon Heartgold, platinum, and X
    Comment below.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

The highest Pokémon game on my list is Emerald, though X&Y are giving it a run for its money.

Back