• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'd use IRC, but... I just don't really like how outdated its interface is. Most people don't really care about that, but me, though, I do. :P
    As old as IRC is, I wouldn't really call it outdated. Just look at places like EFNet and Freenode that are still running to this day with lots of activity. Sure, the activity isn't anywhere near as high as it once was, but it's still up there for sure.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'm a total IRC junkie. I've been using it on and off for almost fourteen years XD Life without IRC is not a life I want to live!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Chatzilla is a wonderful client and I recommend you all to use that one! mIRC is okay, but it's gonna annoy the hell out of you with its 30 DAY TRIAL HAS ENDED - PAY US NAO.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm more impartial to HexChat myself. Funny how something that started to work with *nix and X Window System has a "fork" that's best on Windows Vista and newer at this point.

Years
  • One IRC client I kinda don't like, but I don't hate is Chatzilla, and that's just because of the way copying/pasting works :p but other than that, I like Chatzilla for having its own emoticons and emoji support as well

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I know it's shareware, but I am definitely a fan of mIRC. Probably because I've used it for so long and owned it for half that time XD I use Xchat2 on Linux and that works wonderfully for my c2d2 bot.

Years
  • I use mIRC as well, primarily because it was my first IRC client, and because I use certain scripts and triggers with it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really haven't tried any IRC clients before; never felt the need to. d: Do they have any advantages?

Years
  • I will definitely say that using an IRC client is better than using a web-based IRC client. Simply because of how more dedicated it is, and because you can customize more settings as well.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    That, and even if your web browser should somehow gets itself in massive trouble, your IRC client is a separate thing. :)

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I think most people with half a brain on the Internet these days keep their web browser out of trouble :P

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm more concerned that untrusted Google Chrome extensions can automatically update themselves' and you end up getting extensions that go rogue out of nowhere.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I only use extensions from the Chrome store myself, so I don't worry about it.

Years
  • I only get my Chrome extensions from the store as well, and nowhere else, unless they are a verified app. So far I've seen nothing wrong with my Chrome, except for their Flash player taking up a lot of CPU on my computer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back