• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I just use the old Sony Ericsson music app for my phone, with winamp on Windows. Rooting the phone and getting Jellybean should fix that though. Thing is though, can Snapdragon S1 handle it?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I've actually went and reset my Surface because of some tinkering gone very bad. Thank goodness I never wiped the recovery partition. Having 19.8 GB of free space is a nice thing to behold... and having media on the 16 GB microSDHC card is a bonus, seeing as I'm actually running 8.1.

I'm also impressed how Windows Updates and whole OS upgrades apply to the recovery partition, too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Windows Media Player is terrible, but unfortunately I found that, while I was on a Windows machine, it was actually the best option available for me. I much prefer iTunes, but iTunes on Windows machines is built so terribly.

Years
VLC is definitely the media player I use, and I use Winamp for listening to music.

As for iTunes, I definitely agree that its performance isn't the best in Windows. But I use iTunes to sync music to and from my iPods, and it also acts as my music downloader service as well (I like keeping things legal).

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I ended up getting so frustrated with HackMew's FSF and XSE yesterday, because dynamic pointers in XSE would be written to the very beginning of the #dynamic ad nauseum, which required me to find available space in my extended ROM via FSF. Well, what do you know, FSF likes to force this skip interval crap and refuses to run while any other program is using your ROM. How idiotic is that?

Well, it led me to drag out N++ to write a command line application in C that did exactly what I wanted. It's literally composed of like two functions that are a series of for and do loops. :P

Team Fail, I strongly suggest not loading entire ROMs into memory. ;)

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Pokecheck.org has claimed that they hacked the 3DS, but I'm not sure if that's true or not..

They have but it'll a bit before anything really comes of it.

Well, if anything, Nintendo has been on the winning side for really long on the 3DS when it comes to unapproved apps. If they share their method of hacking, expect a patch.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Makes me wonder how many people want to stay on old firmware to take advantage of unapproved hacks.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
So Google just released the Chrome cast SDK! That means any app can now cast to it, yay.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
I don't see anything wrong with just expanding the hacking of the GB(C), GBA, and NDS. With the GBA being as extensively explored as it is, I don't see how further expansion could take place (think engine overhaul, assembly libraries, etc). Maybe a more extensive and thorough do-over of JPAN's FireRed could be made, or possibly hacked engines of Ruby and Emerald. The possibilities are nearly endless, no?

Years
So Google just released the Chrome cast SDK! That means any app can now cast to it, yay.
That's good to hear. I wonder how many apps are going to be castable to it now.

I still don't have Chromecast yet, though. I haven't found a purpose just yet, and I don't need to stream videos to my TV with it because I already have a Roku box.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
From what I've read, Chromecast does seem like a nice little innovation by Google. I don't see the loss in being able to stream virtually any kind of video, online or not. Fufufu, it's useful, isn't it?

Years
I know of a person from one of my IRC chats who got a Chromecast shortly after it came out, and they love it. It has the ability to mirror almost anything, such as a Virtual Machine window to your TV at HD resolution.

I've been curious to know how Chromecast is set up as well, too. Does it come with a remote or not?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
No, it doesn't come with a remote. You either control it with your phone or your computer. :3

Alexander Nicholi

Years
I really wouldn't appreciate a VM on an HDTV, since the pixels would be all blurred and out-of-place, which, believe me, is a lot bigger of a nuisance when you do more than TV and video gaming on a daily basis. :P

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I just realized that I can open videos files on my laptop's libraries and play them perfectly fine on my Surface over my home wireless network without any hiccups.

They sure made home networking real easy since Windows 7 and HomeGroups.

Years
Homegroups are a pain to add things to if you forget what your homegroup password is because you never add things to the homegroup. :(

I really wouldn't appreciate a VM on an HDTV, since the pixels would be all blurred and out-of-place, which, believe me, is a lot bigger of a nuisance when you do more than TV and video gaming on a daily basis. :P

Who said you had to maintain a resolution with the mirrored VM window that is prone to pixelation on larger displays? I can have that at any resolution my display can handle on my PC. Granted, if your TV's that big and you want to access VMs from it, you should probably just hook a PC directly to it and use that to RDP into the VM so it can take full advantage of the display.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Homegroups are a pain to add things to if you forget what your homegroup password is because you never add things to the homegroup. :(

The good thing about HomeGroup passwords is that you can view it from any PC that's part of it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back