• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I've never really used Homegroup sharing on Windows, but that is probably because I don't see a purpose to either, considering I never really stream media back and forth between devices. :p

Years
Typically though when I do any remote streaming and file sharing, they are idle for the very reason you mentioned. I know that multitasking can limit functions like that.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I use samba sharing in my house since my server is Linux. It also has ftps for file transfer if I need it. I also stream with plex media server.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Anyone here use vsFTPd? It's a nice little service for FTP on Linux. The only problem with that is FTP is nowhere near secure. :P

Other than that, Apache, PHP, and MySQL, I don't really run very many services. I do have quite the list of Virtual Hosts, though. ;)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I just make sure the documents and media that I need are always on my devices.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Anyone here use vsFTPd? It's a nice little service for FTP on Linux. The only problem with that is FTP is nowhere near secure. :P

Other than that, Apache, PHP, and MySQL, I don't really run very many services. I do have quite the list of Virtual Hosts, though. ;)

I use that but it runs the ftps protocol. I couldn't be bothered to set it up for SFTP though.

Years
I run a local MySQL and PHP server here.. they both power my IRC server stats for collecting channel and user data and more.

Years
Zach, what kind of channels are hosted on your server? What communities have partnered with your IRC? :)
There aren't any communities on my server, really. Essentially my IRC server is probably one of the smallest ones on the internet. I formed it when a bunch of friends of mine from another community wanted to keep in touch with each other through means of IRC (while we were still a part of the community and they had an IRC channel), so we kept on that same channel despite our mutual departure from said community. It just happened to be that we disliked the tight restrictions on certain words that I went ahead and took my time to set up an IRC server, and it's been around for nearly 2½ years now.

Years
As I don't pay for the electricity here, I don't run any servers. If I paid the electricity bill, I could run as many as I want as long as the bill was paid. A downside of having a father in IT is that he knows how much it costs to run a dedicated server 24/7 with regards to electricity.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Because it's dead and boring I bet! Just like Zach! But Idk, I have always just been an IRC junkie. :3

Years
I think I should sign onto Zach's irc server sometime :P
You should! We welcome newcomers n_n

^I used to frequent his server a couple of years back. It's pretty cool, not sure why I keep stopping lol.
You should come back! I'm sure a certain someone would really like to see you around again :D

Because it's dead and boring I bet! Just like Zach! But Idk, I have always just been an IRC junkie. :3
Lately it has been dead because of me being in school and others just being busy.

Now I kind of want to get into Zach's IRC server.
If y'all want, I can send you guys the server information. I won't post it here for advertising reasons though xD

And I'm sure maintaining a Minecraft server can be comparable to maintaining an IRC server, but I'm not sure really haha

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
If y'all want, I can send you guys the server information. I won't post it here for advertising reasons though xD

Sure, why not? PM me. I'd like to hop into a new IRC server from time to time. Do you do SSL?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I don't reall use IRC chat much.

Also, my search for a new mouse has ended. Just got this in the mail and it ius working very well. Fits in the hand very nicely and the programmable buttons are easy to use and are intuitive.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd use IRC, but... I just don't really like how outdated its interface is. Most people don't really care about that, but me, though, I do. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back