• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maybe just 10 more minutes...

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Hoo boy. Risk of Rain is a big one for me. Yeah, I'll fail a run, and then think "I should go do real things," then I start a new round, and four hours later I'm wrapping up my newest game-breaking run... oops.
    This only happens to me with games where the turnover time is short - like The Binding of Isaac, each game is only a few minutes so I can tell myself "oh, just one more" no matter what. When it comes to longer games I get bogged down by how long the pieces of it are and feel like it's faster and more fun if I take lots of breaks so stopping isn't difficult for me.

I completely forgot about rogue-likes. D:
    Risk of Rain, Isaac, Spelunky, etc.. every time I die, I think, "That was a crappy roll anyway. I didn't even get any good items. I'll just try one more time. Just one more quick round."
    As several more 'quick games' and hours pass..

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Football Manager. I'm always like "let me test this new tactic" aaaand before I know it, the season is over :/

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    The first game I experienced this was with Age of Mythology. It was 5PM and said to myself, "Okay, just let me do this one thing, and then I'll eat dinner." Before I knew it, it was 9PM and I had beaten the map. I didn't even realize how hungry I was.

The most recent game that has done this to me is Portal 2. I couldn't stop playing it. I wanted to beat this puzzle, and then the next one, I just couldn't help myself. There was no way these puzzles were getting the best of me!

Years
    This happens to me when I start playing any RPG game with a good story. It's pretty easy to lose track of time when especially when it reaches a cliffhanger, or when you're simply addicted to the way the game plays out. It feels like the world puts itself in fast-forward as soon as you start playing. Most of the time, what feels like only 10 minutes is actually an hour, maybe even two!

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Good atmospheric games do this for me. Metroid Prime trilogy, Half-Life 2 and its sequels. I'm sure I could think of others, but these spring to mind right away.

Also, KotOR 2; the writing keeps me immersed.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    Yeah happened the other day xD
    Well... I was playing Minecraft PS3 at around 12pm planned to play for about 1-3 hours. It soon became 3pm and I was like ahh I will shut off when I finish this task... An hour had passed, ah just going to finish this little thing and will definitely shut off, when I finished that. Hmmm a suppose a little more can't hurt before I knew it, it was 6pm *facepalm*. I don't think that was very healthy.... Lol that's like the longest time ever spent gaming xD

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Any game with a good story.

WAIT NO. HARVEST MOON. THAT GAME. Believe me, it looks like a babies game but it is. Addictive. As. Crack. Go try it if you dont believe me. I can keep playing it for 6 hours if i want.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Yesterday I was playing Civ5..I told myself after 15 minutes I had to leave to pick my roommate up from work.

Two hours later my roommate walks in. Woops.

Back